View Poll Results: Should John Elway be fired?

Voters
105. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

57 54.29%
  • No

48 45.71%
Page 28 of 36 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast
    Everybody is entitled to their opinion. And in my opinion Elway has done a respectable job both as a player and as a GM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Seriously...

No more terrible than Schaub, Siemian or Flacco under Kubiak!

Osweiler played pretty good under Kubiak however you miss the point.

Itís not about the player, itís how the situation was handled.
    So you would rather we paid Osweiler big money to be a terrible QB? That wouldíve been a better handling of the situation?

Quote Originally Posted by BeelzeBob View Post
    So you would rather we paid Osweiler big money to be a terrible QB? That wouldíve been a better handling of the situation?
    Not having to learn a new system or gain chemistry with new players, maybe he plays better than he did in Houston. Plus we donít waste a pick on Lynch or trade for Sanchez so maybe we address another area of need.

I donít think itís a stretch to say we couldíve finished at least 8-8 with Osweiler

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    Not having to learn a new system or gain chemistry with new players, maybe he plays better than he did in Houston. Plus we don’t waste a pick on Lynch or trade for Sanchez so maybe we address another area of need.

I don’t think it’s a stretch to say we could’ve finished at least 8-8 with Osweiler
    Great points, and looking at it with hindsight, it's not like we got a better bang for our buck with Keenum and Flacco making big money from the Broncos for sub-par play. I wonder how Osweiler feels about that decision now when he sits back and looks at it ? I am sure he will regret that one for the rest of his life, what could have been.

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    Not having to learn a new system or gain chemistry with new players, maybe he plays better than he did in Houston. Plus we don’t waste a pick on Lynch or trade for Sanchez so maybe we address another area of need.

I don’t think it’s a stretch to say we could’ve finished at least 8-8 with Osweiler
    Yeah, he played himself in that situation. It's infinitely harder to win when you subtract an all world defense that Denver had. He went and learned the hard way how the other half lives. Having that success with Manning and that defense gave him a false sense of ability IMHO. Denver could have been in a much different spot now had Os stayed and played out a deal in Denver.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Jack View Post
    Everybody is entitled to their opinion. And in my opinion Elway has done a respectable job both as a player and as a GM.
    Player I respect the hell out of JE. But we can't confuse the player with the GM. Total two different things. As a GM Elways sucks in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
    Player I respect the hell out of JE. But we can't confuse the player with the GM. Total two different things. As a GM Elways sucks in my opinion.
    He hasn't been that great in the last couple years but how many GMs had 2 super bowl appearances and one title in their 1st 5 years?

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

We have been rebuilding for a couple years now, we have a relatively young team now.
    And Elway has done well. (We should be 3-2). We should not do anything drastic for a year or Two.
    We need continuity in our coaching staff, our GM and our team.

I think the last couple years have been ok imo. The last 2 years have been good drafts and he fired VJ .

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    He hasn't been that great in the last couple years but how many GMs had 2 super bowl appearances and one title in their 1st 5 years?
    Could care less about that either. Peyton is the reason for that without him we have no superbowl. Post super it's been terrible. How many gms keep their jobs with Elway record post super bowl.

We have been rebuilding for a couple years now, we have a relatively young team now.
    And Elway has done well. (We should be 3-2). We should not do anything drastic for a year or Two.
    We need continuity in our coaching staff, our GM and our team.
    Should be and what we actually are are two different things. That's the thing Elway dont think we are rebuilding. We need to blow this entire team up and start over.

Quote Originally Posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
    Should be and what we actually are are two different things. That's the thing Elway dont think we are rebuilding. We need to blow this entire team up and start over.
    I stand by what I said it "MY OPINION" and you dont have to agree with. I don't care about the superbowls in the 90s. That's has absolutely nothing to do with the now. It's not just me over 50% feel he should be fired. I just apart of that %. Again I stand by what I said. I'm not different than the other that feels the same. I owe Elway nothing.

We just won our first game. We just might win our second game. Winning is infectious. If we keep on winning.....I would love to see a crow feast at the end of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by BeelzeBob View Post
    As I said in my original post, had Elway extend Brock prior to the start of the 2015 season, he couldíve had him for 12 million.

We all know that John Elway does not like to hand out any contracts for more than three years so if it didnít work out, then Osweiler would be off the books right now.

Elway has done a respectable job as a player. As a GM he nailed the 1st few years here because he landed one of the best QBs to ever play the game. Arguably a better QB than himself (good luck finding that twice). That allowed for many of his other slip ups to go unnoticed. Now that we have been sent to the QB basement of the NFL and the teams drafting issues from the last 4-5 years are coming back to haunt us....that is all on Elway.

Furthermore I would be far less "Kick him to the curb" if I saw a vision like we saw post SB loss in 2013.