View Poll Results: Should John Elway be fired?

Voters
102. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    57 55.88%
  • No

    45 44.12%
Page 33 of 35 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 LastLast
Results 481 to 495 of 512
  1. #481
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    2,226
    In the latest News JE was stated that he intends to fulfill is contract and that No one is on the Trading Block. So JE is here to stay.

  2. #482
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    5,912
    Quote Originally Posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post
    In the latest News JE was stated that he intends to fulfill is contract and that No one is on the Trading Block. So JE is here to stay.
    Nobody is on the trade block but that doesn't mean that nobody is getting traded. He may not be shopping guys but that doesn't mean he isn't taking calls either


    Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

  3. #483
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Eastern Seaboard
    Posts
    3,326
    I know Elway's has made mistakes, and I know some people learn from their mistakes. And I know that Elway has done an awful lot for the Denver Broncos. And For Better or For Worse, he deserves our respect. We need not fire John Elway from the Denver Broncos, we signed him to a contract, and it is up to us, to honor that contract. Lets see if he can have a 4th quarter comeback as GM, and lets not be disrespectful for one of the greatest Denver Bronco Legends in team history.

  4. #484
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    13,308
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Jack View Post
    I know Elway's has made mistakes, and I know some people learn from their mistakes. And I know that Elway has done an awful lot for the Denver Broncos. And For Better or For Worse, he deserves our respect. We need not fire John Elway from the Denver Broncos, we signed him to a contract, and it is up to us, to honor that contract. Lets see if he can have a 4th quarter comeback as GM, and lets not be disrespectful for one of the greatest Denver Bronco Legends in team history.
    From what I heard in pressers when Elway was searching for a coach in 2019 he has learned from some mistakes imo. It is one of the reasons I want to see what he does with the new staff for 2 years.
    All I want for Christmas is a Bronco QB controversy

  5. #485
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    13,308
    Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    Nobody is on the trade block but that doesn't mean that nobody is getting traded. He may not be shopping guys but that doesn't mean he isn't taking calls either
    Well just about every player in the NFL would be available if the right deal was offered.
    All I want for Christmas is a Bronco QB controversy

  6. #486
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Eastern Seaboard
    Posts
    3,326
    Elway is awesome!
    NFL FOOTBALL GOD!!!!

  7. #487
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    408
    Yep, sorry. But the last two wins have little to do with the sorry state the Broncos are in right now. And the fact still remains, the Broncos need to be in full speed rebuild mode and I don't think Elway gets it, nor does he know how to go about doing it. We all know his getting the old, washed up QB to play while the young QB sits and gets no experience is a complete flop and is totally worthless for trying to find your next long term QB.

    He should be fired, or if they want to do an early resignation at the end of the season, or however they want to do it, but it needs to happen. It's time to move on folks.

  8. #488
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    where the hills touch heaven
    Posts
    16,031
    Quote Originally Posted by DenverJay View Post
    Yep, sorry. But the last two wins have little to do with the sorry state the Broncos are in right now. And the fact still remains, the Broncos need to be in full speed rebuild mode and I don't think Elway gets it, nor does he know how to go about doing it. We all know his getting the old, washed up QB to play while the young QB sits and gets no experience is a complete flop and is totally worthless for trying to find your next long term QB.

    He should be fired, or if they want to do an early resignation at the end of the season, or however they want to do it, but it needs to happen. It's time to move on folks.
    pretty stupid theory...hope nobody paid you for it

    we all know about his getting? I assume you mean his like of getting old washed up qbs to play...like Manning instead of playing OZ who was drafted in 2012

    or that washed up old feller and second year player trevor siemian over Paxton

    so we need to be in full speed rebuild mode, just what does that entail

    we have a young a potentially great offensive nucleus already, from lindsey and freeman, to Sutton to Patrick, winfree who we haven't got to see yet, fant and huerman, risner, McGovern and now the potential QB of the future in lock

    our defense is missing multiple key players like chubb and Callahan and still a top defense

    next year I have no doubt lock will be the undisputed starter, and we will build an oline around him in the draft

  9. #489
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    the gulf of mexico
    Posts
    15,726
    Quote Originally Posted by DenverJay View Post
    Yep, sorry. But the last two wins have little to do with the sorry state the Broncos are in right now. And the fact still remains, the Broncos need to be in full speed rebuild mode and I don't think Elway gets it, nor does he know how to go about doing it. We all know his getting the old, washed up QB to play while the young QB sits and gets no experience is a complete flop and is totally worthless for trying to find your next long term QB.

    He should be fired, or if they want to do an early resignation at the end of the season, or however they want to do it, but it needs to happen. It's time to move on folks.
    Lock is his long term QB, heís made that known since he overplayed his hand for him last season when scouting him. There will be no retread QB next season unless heís backing up Lock. Elway struggled at identifying and developing talent during the Manning years but his past two or three drafts have been solid and has the team in position to bounce back strong in the coming years

  10. #490
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    13,405
    Quote Originally Posted by DenverJay View Post
    Yep, sorry. But the last two wins have little to do with the sorry state the Broncos are in right now. And the fact still remains, the Broncos need to be in full speed rebuild mode and I don't think Elway gets it, nor does he know how to go about doing it. We all know his getting the old, washed up QB to play while the young QB sits and gets no experience is a complete flop and is totally worthless for trying to find your next long term QB.

    He should be fired, or if they want to do an early resignation at the end of the season, or however they want to do it, but it needs to happen. It's time to move on folks.
    What do you think we are in now? Look at the state of the team now, new coaches, lots of young personnel, regardless of the retread Flacco - and then look at the projected cap space next year and the amount of draft pick we currently have.

  11. #491
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    408
    Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    pretty stupid theory...hope nobody paid you for it

    we all know about his getting? I assume you mean his like of getting old washed up qbs to play...like Manning instead of playing OZ who was drafted in 2012

    or that washed up old feller and second year player trevor siemian over Paxton

    so we need to be in full speed rebuild mode, just what does that entail

    we have a young a potentially great offensive nucleus already, from lindsey and freeman, to Sutton to Patrick, winfree who we haven't got to see yet, fant and huerman, risner, McGovern and now the potential QB of the future in lock

    our defense is missing multiple key players like chubb and Callahan and still a top defense

    next year I have no doubt lock will be the undisputed starter, and we will build an oline around him in the draft
    Who picked all those failed QB's you listed? Hmm, I THINK that was Elway.

    Sutton is the only solid receiver on the team. Patrick and all the others aren't even close to being even number 3 or 4 receivers on better teams and could easily be replaced/upgraded with a crapton of other receivers in the league.

    The OLine is an absolute mess and needs at least two or three upgrades....

    The LIST goes on, and is documented by others all over this board. I'm not going to rehash it now.

    The VAST majority of picks Elway has made have been BUSTS. And there should be no dispute that his method for developing new QB's in the league is complete crap.

    He needs to go, and the sooner the better.

  12. #492
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    408
    Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    What do you think we are in now? Look at the state of the team now, new coaches, lots of young personnel, regardless of the retread Flacco - and then look at the projected cap space next year and the amount of draft pick we currently have.
    Yep, we have a bunch of draft picks next year. WOOPDEEDOO, Elway will be making those picks also. Just looking at percentages and Elway's craptastic record of draft picks, we can expect maybe one or two of those picks to be decent, at best. Likely the rest will be practice team players.

  13. #493
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    13,405
    Quote Originally Posted by DenverJay View Post
    Yep, we have a bunch of draft picks next year. WOOPDEEDOO, Elway will be making those picks also. Just looking at percentages and Elway's craptastic record of draft picks, we can expect maybe one or two of those picks to be decent, at best. Likely the rest will be practice team players.
    Elway has had more than a few stinkers with drafts, but the last two have been stellar - even managing this year to trade back where we ended up with Risner, Fant, Lock and a 3rd round next year.

    If Elway deserves blame for past mistakes (he does) then he also deserves credit for the recent turn.

    Curious, do you know the percentages of players other GMs have signed that did not live up to their hype? I don't but I'd wager Elway is not great in comparison but neither as bad as people think as well.

    So I don't think it's WOOPDEEDOO - I think the opposite. The team is fun to watch again and that's what I want any time the Broncos play.

  14. #494
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    408
    Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    Elway has had more than a few stinkers with drafts, but the last two have been stellar - even managing this year to trade back where we ended up with Risner, Fant, Lock and a 3rd round next year.

    If Elway deserves blame for past mistakes (he does) then he also deserves credit for the recent turn.

    Curious, do you know the percentages of players other GMs have signed that did not live up to their hype? I don't but I'd wager Elway is not great in comparison but neither as bad as people think as well.

    So I don't think it's WOOPDEEDOO - I think the opposite. The team is fun to watch again and that's what I want any time the Broncos play.
    I don't disagree with everything you say, but the team is fun to watch again because of two people, Lock and Sutton. Fant has come around and has looked MUCH better the last two games than he has all the rest of the season to this point, so I'll give him credit for stepping it up. Heuerman clearly isn't going to be in the mix long term, or shouldn't be anyway, because he can't stay healthy.

    I don't know how Elway compares to other GM's in the league, I just see what we have here. Elway hasn't made all bad picks, obviously, but just because Lock is playing now and looks to be the long term answer at QB, doesn't, or at least shouldn't, mean that Elway is all of sudden off the hot seat. I'm under no delusion, and neither should anyone else, that Elway will not be fired. He will without a doubt remain for the next two years through his current contract, but in all seriousness, there is NO WAY his contract should be renewed or extended. Elway can leave his position as GM with all the pomp and circumstance the team and the city wants to give him, but at the end of his contract, it's time to move on.

  15. #495
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Anywhere I want on 18 wheels
    Posts
    8,438
    Quote Originally Posted by broncolee View Post
    The idea of firing John Elway just feels dirty.

    Sometimes the dirty work has to be done but I donít know that it has to be now.
    The idea feels even dirtier now.

    He might finally have the right quarterback and maybe even a decent enough coach.

    You canít fire him now.

    Lock has to completely flop next season in order for it to make sense to fire Elway.

    It definitely canít be done after this season.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wonít Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •