View Poll Results: Should John Elway be fired?

Voters
111. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

61 54.95%
  • No

50 45.05%
Page 36 of 40 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    When things are going down, people are usually late to see it. And when things are trending up, people are usually late to see it. Denver is trending up in a significant way. They've got ton of promising young players on both sides of the ball, and they've got a mountain of cap space in the offseason and two good defensive players (Chubb and Callahan) coming back from injury.

They're currently 5-8 but can legitimately claim that they're a phantom second away from being 6-7 and could easily be 7-6 right now.

Should Elway have been fired based on the 2014-2017 drafts, hiring Joseph and the state of the team a year ago? Probably. Should he be fired looking at the 2018 and 2019 drafts and the state of the team now? Nope. IMO people arguing he should be fired now are doing so based on where the team was, not where they are.
    ^ This.

Very well said, Butler...I agree a million percent.

I say fire him this minute!!!!!

Lock is done. Risner can't block. Sutton is a flash in the pan. Lindsay has no passion. Time to go back to the drawing board. Sorry John....because I respect you, fire yourself!!

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    I say fire him this minute!!!!!

Lock is done. Risner can't block. Sutton is a flash in the pan. Lindsay has no passion. Time to go back to the drawing board. Sorry John....because I respect you, fire yourself!!

Oh my!!!
    [

I wander if Mark schlereth is having regrets about his comments??? He was pretty harsh

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    I wander if Mark schlereth is having regrets about his comments??? He was pretty harsh
    Simply put if I was him I would not. We were a good dog pile this year. Lock may have saved elways fate at this time. One thing i can sense about Lock so far is hes making the team play better. A good Qb elevates the play of his teammates. So far Lock has done that but the real test is this week.

If he goes and plays well doesnt have to win but be the reason we didnt lose and or win the game itself and be the reason we won. You are talking legendary status in just 3 games. We have gotten swept by the chiefs for what seems like the better of 4 seasons.

I dont expect us to win but if Lock can pull it off and play great I'm sold after just 3 games. This sunday will be a good measuring stick for me.

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    Let's see how they finish. It's realistic they still finish with 5 or 6 wins which isn't any different than the past 2 dumpster fire seasons. I like how these past 2 wins have lightened the mood. Hopefully the off-season will bring a positive change.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco51 View Post
    Let's see how they finish. It's realistic they still finish with 5 or 6 wins which isn't any different than the past 2 dumpster fire seasons. I like how these past 2 wins have lightened the mood. Hopefully the off-season will bring a positive change.
    But it's possible to be a 5-6 win team yet be in a completely different space, because of the direction you're heading. It's fairly easy to see that the Broncos have a lot of positives going their way as this season ends. They didn't have those things the previous two seasons.

Look back in the Broncos history, they were 9-7 (and made the playoffs) in 1993, and finished 7-9 in 1994. In 1995 they finished 8-8, but it was clear the team was in a much better place than the previous two seasons, and that positives were right around the corner.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco51 View Post
    And it's also realistic that we beat the Raiders and Lions at home. If we're going to be realistic we need to account for all possibilities. We started 0-4 but have been a decent 5-4 since.

Here's a recent quote from Rich Gannon:
    "In the last seven weeks," Gagnon said, "the Broncos have hung with or beat the Colts, Browns, Vikings, Chargers and Texans. Those teams all have playoff-caliber talent. They've done that despite selling off Emmanuel Sanders at the trade deadline, despite instability at quarterback and despite injuries to Bradley Chubb and Von Miller. Vic Fangio deserves a lot of credit. Plenty of reason to be optimistic about 2020 in Denver."
    Last edited by lvbronx; 12-11-2019 at 08:21 PM.

When we see the Broncos play a quality team like the Chiefs, its easy to see how far away this franchise is from competing in the AFC West. To be fair there are some injuries, but when doesnít a team have injuries late in the season? The Broncos have beaten some mediocre teams. I donít believe the Texans are as good as some believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    When we see the Broncos play a quality team like the Chiefs, its easy to see how far away this franchise is from competing in the AFC West. To be fair there are some injuries, but when doesnít a team have injuries late in the season? The Broncos have beaten some mediocre teams. I donít believe the Texans are as good as some believe.
    Super Bowl contending Broncos teams have looked this bad in Arrowhead before. Iím not going to over react to this game in the snow with a rookie QB. Itís painful but it is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Super Bowl contending Broncos teams have looked this bad in Arrowhead before. Iím not going to over react to this game in the snow with a rookie QB. Itís painful but it is what it is.
    Itís about more than Lock. Mahomes will have his way with our defense for a decade or longer as long as heís healthy.

Itís about more than Lock. Mahomes will have his way with our defense for a decade or longer as long as heís healthy.
    Mahomes has his way with almost everyoneís defense. Whatís your point?

Mahomes has his way with almost everyoneís defense. Whatís your point?
    Not against the Colts, Texans, Packers and Titans.....

Not against the Colts, Texans, Packers and Titans.....
    Lol so 273 for 3 tds and 1 pick against Houston is bad because his D allowed 31 points?

267 for 2 tds and 0 picks against Packers is bad because his D allowed 31 points?

Or even best yet 446 for 3 tds and 0 picks against the titans is bad because his kicker missed a fg and his d allowed 35 points?

Lol so 273 for 3 tds and 1 pick against Houston is bad because his D allowed 31 points?

267 for 2 tds and 0 picks against Packers is bad because his D allowed 31 points?

Or even best yet 446 for 3 tds and 0 picks against the titans is bad because his kicker missed a fg and his d allowed 35 points?
    Scored 13 vs Colts, 24 vs Texans, 24 vs Packers and 26 vs Vikings. I wouldnít call that having his way but whatever.