Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Even if we get some good picks it wonít matter because we canít draft solid players and fill our needs.

Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    gassed... who gassed them...could it be the drive coming out of the half where they gave up a long nearly 11 minute drive
    The long drive was part of the issue, no doubt. Itís unrealistic to expect a defense to never give up a long drive. The offense did put them on the field before the half with the INT - so they had to finish the half and start on the field to open the second half.

They were also gassed because the offense failed to make anything happen on three straight possessions.

It obvious that an offense who cant stay on the field hurts the defense. However I'm in agreement with Arapaho on this. We came out after half time and let a rookie Qb with 3 games under his belt conduct an 11 minute drive . Its absolutely atrocious. Theres no excuse . You guys are just trading punches back and forth . The fact is your both right ! It doesnt matter who's more to blame . The fact is our offense is bad , our defense is bad , Elway and Ellis have made some bad choices . We have no depth , our bigtime players aren't producing. I'm just thankful that I'm a fan of an organization who betters themselves . We have a good track record . We will conquer the league again boys . I'm 44 yrs old . Since I was 8 I've been a fan I've witnessed , multiple playoffs , superbowls , Draft picks that busted , Draft picks that where great, Fa pickups that sucked and some that we hit gold . We will be back !

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    The long drive was part of the issue, no doubt. It’s unrealistic to expect a defense to never give up a long drive. The offense did put them on the field before the half with the INT - so they had to finish the half and start on the field to open the second half.

They were also gassed because the offense failed to make anything happen on three straight possessions.
    It is very sad indeed that our defense is in so bad shape according to you that they are too gassed from a 41 second/7 play drive before a 15 minute break to perform in the 2nd half. That the defense cannot get off the field on and let a penalty convert a 2nd and 18 to a first down I am sure is Flacco's fault. Getting burned on a 81 yard run as the first play in the next series I am sure is also the offenses fault because defense could only sit down for about 4 minutes and catch their breath. I am also sure that offense has great rhythm after halftime and a 10Ĺ minute drive that is more like 25-30 minutes in real time.

Quote Originally Posted by Champ>NFL View Post
    CHJ is the most disrespected corner in the NFL and Bronco by you all.

I understand his frustration. Especially with Elway hardball tactics. Itís cost us too much homegrown talent.

Danny Trev and Malik Jackson come to mind.
    Chris harris has the mouth and the crappy attitude of Aqib, without the play to back it up... The only time he played to that potential was when we had an offense putting up mega points and a pass rush that made it easy to be a corner on this team, with complimentary corners as well.tdtd
    GO BRONCOS AFC Champs!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mozzerpete View Post
    Just curious, any poster out there who wanted Elway to pay Chris Harris Jr more money have a change of heart?
    Not worth it for him or is honestly. He needs to finish on a contender, we don't need to pay him to play on a team that'll be lucky to win a game.

Quote Originally Posted by duhyaj View Post
    Chris harris has the mouth and the crappy attitude of Aqib, without the play to back it up... The only time he played to that potential was when we had an offense putting up mega points and a pass rush that made it easy to be a corner on this team, with complimentary corners as well.tdtd
    That's a poor take.

gassed... who gassed them...could it be the drive coming out of the half where they gave up a long nearly 11 minute drive
    Defenses allow long drives occasionally. It happens. It doesn't help that after allowing a long drive they had about 70 seconds of rest. The long drive is on them, that's their fault, but the offense did them zero favors by being inept the rest of the quarter.

Chris Harris hasnít really dropped off though. Harris leverages all of the WRs he goes against inside towards other players on the defense, which is why heís always throwing his hands up after a catch is made because Heís expecting help from the inside. Itís actually how Fangio had his CBs playing last season in Chicago. Difference is, Eddie Jackson has elite ball skills and the speed to get from the numbers to the other set of numbers opposite of him while also being able to break on underneath routes. Problem with us is, we have no S anywhere near capable of doing that and since our ILBs are limited in coverage, they try to do too much to help them and lose positioning on the backend.

If he started leveraging them towards the sideline he probably wouldnít allow many completions (even though he hasnít allowed many this season 11 in 4 games I believe). Not like the boundaries are ever going to be out of position.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoFanDK View Post
    It is very sad indeed that our defense is in so bad shape according to you that they are too gassed from a 41 second/7 play drive before a 15 minute break to perform in the 2nd half. That the defense cannot get off the field on and let a penalty convert a 2nd and 18 to a first down I am sure is Flacco's fault. Getting burned on a 81 yard run as the first play in the next series I am sure is also the offenses fault because defense could only sit down for about 4 minutes and catch their breath. I am also sure that offense has great rhythm after halftime and a 10Ĺ minute drive that is more like 25-30 minutes in real time.
    Players can be in good condition and still struggle when an offense goes 3 and out three times straight. They allowed a long drive however itís unrealistic to expect they would never have that happen - based on that standard then you would say the offense should score a TD on every drive and never turnover the ball. I think it was a combination of being on the field too long in the 2nd half, partly their own doing combined with the offense failing to sustain a drive until the end of the game. The other issue with the defense was some of the poor tackling/fundamentals. Both sides contributed to the loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Defenses allow long drives occasionally. It happens. It doesn't help that after allowing a long drive they had about 70 seconds of rest. The long drive is on them, that's their fault, but the offense did them zero favors by being inept the rest of the quarter.
    but that's nothing they didn't face in 2015 when we had the worst offense in the league
    its nothing they didn't face in 16 or 2017 when I believe we lead the league in 3 n outs, as well as last year

we cant blame the offense having a 3nd out between two long scoring drives as the reason we lost or the defense struggled

Not worth it for him or is honestly. He needs to finish on a contender, we don't need to pay him to play on a team that'll be lucky to win a game.
    Harris Jr. found it worth it to stay while asking for more money.
    He could have easily requested a trade like so many other players around the NFL have done so.

Back to my original question,
    "Just curious, any poster out there who wanted Elway to pay Chris Harris Jr more money have a change of heart?"

but that's nothing they didn't face in 2015 when we had the worst offense in the league
    its nothing they didn't face in 16 or 2017 when I believe we lead the league in 3 n outs, as well as last year

we cant blame the offense having a 3nd out between two long scoring drives as the reason we lost or the defense struggled
    That's a mindset flaw a lot of people have around here. You can't use 2015 as a benchmark. That will never happen again. That was elite level defensive talent, coaching and scheme.

We have less talent and coaching aptitude since then thanks to Elway.

This is now an average to above average defense, it's still a decent defense, but it's not capable of carrying the team at all, just like flacco and the offense are also incapable. We lack pieces on both sides of the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by mozzerpete View Post
    Harris Jr. found it worth it to stay while asking for more money.
    He could have easily requested a trade like so many other players around the NFL have done so.

Back to my original question,
    "Just curious, any poster out there who wanted Elway to pay Chris Harris Jr more money have a change of heart?"
    No.

I don't want us to pay him. We're rebuilding, by the time we've got the team rebuilt, he'll be well past his prime.

We have smarter uses of our time and frankly, given his current attitude, we're better letting him go somewhere he can be happy.

No.

I don't want us to pay him. We're rebuilding, by the time we've got the team rebuilt, he'll be well past his prime.

We have smarter uses of our time and frankly, given his current attitude, we're better letting him go somewhere he can be happy.
    Sorry Freyaka, clearly my original question was unclear.

I was referring to his offseason money grab, just before the draft.