Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Chris Harris is already gone

Judging by Chris Harris' comments after the JAX game, seems to me he's distancing himself from the team. This mentality kind of was around even back when we had a good defense --- there was a clear separation between the Offense and the Defense. The D was great - but the O struggled.

Turns out Chris Harris said something like, "I have 13 weeks left" ....... comments like that show what's going on in his mind. And by extension shows that he's not really 'all in' with the new system. This is a gigantic problem - no matter how good he is.

Granted he's not happy with his contract and that has something to do with his attitude -- but bottom line is this: An attitude like that has to go when you're early on in a new regime.

I say get him out of here - call it a rebuild if you have to, but Harris arrogance (usually helps the Broncos) might be hurting the Broncos now. Of course I'm not in the locker room, but ....... a comment like that is bad news.

I love Harris. But this is detrimental to my team
    Red 98

The early bird may get the worm, but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese

Frankly, I dunno how any player could be excited to be part of this team right now. Been a long time since there was much hope in Denver.

Quote Originally Posted by dizzolve View Post
    Judging by Chris Harris' comments after the JAX game, seems to me he's distancing himself from the team. This mentality kind of was around even back when we had a good defense --- there was a clear separation between the Offense and the Defense. The D was great - but the O struggled.

Turns out Chris Harris said something like, "I have 13 weeks left" ....... comments like that show what's going on in his mind. And by extension shows that he's not really 'all in' with the new system. This is a gigantic problem - no matter how good he is.

Granted he's not happy with his contract and that has something to do with his attitude -- but bottom line is this: An attitude like that has to go when you're early on in a new regime.

I say get him out of here - call it a rebuild if you have to, but Harris arrogance (usually helps the Broncos) might be hurting the Broncos now. Of course I'm not in the locker room, but ....... a comment like that is bad news.

I love Harris. But this is detrimental to my team
    Trade Harris, trade Von Miller.

Easy. They have value now, but they will not have value next year (Harris won't be on the team), or in 3 years when we are competitive again (Miller will be too old). It's time to rebuild.

Hell be 31 next year and is looking for one last big contract. It might be time to move on from him while we can still get something for him. Though it might be worth waiting and getting a comp pick as that will likely be better than anything he can be traded for at this point.

Though at 0-4 every player on this team should be available for trade at the right price.

Quote Originally Posted by Red_Label View Post
    Frankly, I dunno how any player could be excited to be part of this team right now. Been a long time since there was much hope in Denver.
    Well, there are positives here and there. The record is what is most painful ..... and really all that counts at the end of the day ....... unless you're rebuilding.

When the vets start to talk like this, and Harris isn't just any vet. You can take his word to the bank. When a vet talks like that -- and you're in year one of a new regime and that regime is behind the 8ball for wins........ it's time to stop trying to Win Now On ... and just concede rebuilding. After all, Harris might not fit the Fangio scheme (however I don't know enough to be sure). I just know Harris can cover in man coverage with the best of em. Playing zone is Fangio's scheme.

I'm not saying it makes the team better, but it can help it get better faster. If I were in charge I'd be very wary about this little development
    Red 98

Quote Originally Posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
    Hell be 31 next year and is looking for one last big contract. It might be time to move on from him while we can still get something for him. Though it might be worth waiting and getting a comp pick as that will likely be better than anything he can be traded for at this point.

Though at 0-4 every player on this team should be available for trade at the right price.
    Move him to the rams. It's a perfect time. Philips needs some help NOW

This might go either way. Harris might be venting, and by end of season, have a change of heart. And because he's one of the more established/proven Broncos, he may be able to get away with it....as in a vet venting.

But there's the other side. The value and long term side. If Chris continues to have this "feeling", the team has to be wise, and determine when the best time for a trade to take place.....when the market is best for us. He's a quality player, and at some point, his value will diminish, and perhaps even quickly. If you are in business and you have such a situation, you have to strategize. If you keep him, you run the risk his attitude will get even worse, which can become toxic.

If you decide to make a trade, do it with control and objectivity.

Harris has never been much of a team guy or a very good leader. He is talented, but I won't be particularly sad to see him go. I certainly won't miss him throwing his hands in the air looking for someone to blame every time he gets burnt. Hopefully we can ship him for a 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
    He’ll be 31 next year and is looking for one last big contract. It might be time to move on from him while we can still get something for him. Though it might be worth waiting and getting a comp pick as that will likely be better than anything he can be traded for at this point.

I did hear something about the compensatory pick possibly being higher than anything we can get in a trade, but my concern is more how it effects the state of mind of the entire team...... or the entire defense ...... any team mate who looks up to him.

I'll watch closely as this moves forward and I being an outsider..... just a fan..... really don't know what the state of mind is in Dove Valley, but this could be a big deal.
    Red 98

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    This might go either way. Harris might be venting, and by end of season, have a change of heart. And because he's one of the more established/proven Broncos, he may be able to get away with it....as in a vet venting.

But there's the other side. The value and long term side. If Chris continues to have this "feeling", the team has to be wise, and determine when the best time for a trade to take place.....when the market is best for us. He's a quality player, and at some point, his value will diminish, and perhaps even quickly. If you are in business and you have such a situation, you have to strategize. If you keep him, you run the risk his attitude will get even worse, which can become toxic.

If you decide to make a trade, do it with control and objectivity.
    If we are being honest there have been MULTIPLE plays this season where CHJ would usually have made the stop. This season it seems that he is either slowing down or intentionally doing so to protect himself. Given where we are at this season he has enormous trade value for us. If he really wants gone then let him go. The Browns would be an ideal target for him. They have depth issues on their team at the CB position and they have a proven record of paying for players.

I also think that Harris knows that he is best suited for man-to-man coverage. Fangio's style here is NOT good. Too much wait, think then go.

Could Harris/Miller package work to LA for 2020 1st & 2021 1st?

Yes, LA basicly gets a 2 for one. They can off load 2 expirings in the deal on the broncos to make the roster numbers work

Quote Originally Posted by rst08tierney View Post
    Could Harris/Miller package work to LA for 2020 1st & 2021 1st?

Yes, LA basicly gets a 2 for one. They can off load 2 expirings in the deal on the broncos to make the roster numbers work
    Can they afford those contracts? I honestly have no idea but I do know they've shelled out some dough for some of their own stars.
    Red 98

After the way the offseason went between him and Elway, I figured he was gone anyway.

If nothing else, moving some top guys out of here takes pressure off the residing brass. What I'm talking about is expectations.
    Red 98

Quote Originally Posted by dizzolve View Post
    I did hear something about the compensatory pick possibly being higher than anything we can get in a trade, but my concern is more how it effects the state of mind of the entire team...... or the entire defense ...... any team mate who looks up to him.

I'll watch closely as this moves forward and I being an outsider..... just a fan..... really don't know what the state of mind is in Dove Valley, but this could be a big deal.
    I doubt anyone would trade a pick for him right now because they wont want to match the projected compensatory pick and itd be a bad move to accept anything less than that. However I can definitely see a player for player trade happening. Get a younger player at ILB or on the dline for him and roll with Bausby, Dawson, Yiadom, and maybe Callahan. Slide Jackson back down to CB as Parks seemed up to the task yesterday at SS.