Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

The good and the bad from the Broncos/Jaguars game

A game that started so promising ended up like all the others. This team should at least be 2-2 but here we are at 0-4. Obviously this was a heartbreaking game and just felt like a punch to my gut. That being said, this is my team no matter what. I support everyone in our organization, from top to bottom, and I will pull for them with everything I have each and every week. I look forward to each game and I always think we will win. Here are my observations from the game:

The Good
    -Offensive line play was pretty good today. Only one holding penalty (Fant) and Flacco had time to find open receivers. Run game was nothing exciting but we were able to move the ball on the ground.
    -WR play was very good. Sutton looked good, Hamilton contributed, and Emmanuel played well also. They did a good job of getting open today.
    -We were able to hit more big plays today. Phillip had his longest run of the year and we had some nice longer passing plays as well.
    -Fant's first NFL TD was very nice. He showed his explosiveness and speed burst on that play and that's why I'm so excited about him and his future.
    -Pass rush was awesome today! Five sacks and constant pressure all day. I thought Von played a great game and I was happy to see him get his 100th sack today.

The Bad
    -Run defense was awful and it ultimately cost us the game.
    -Our DBs didn't make a single big play that I can remember. No INTs through 4 games. In my opinion, this is our biggest weakness and we have get more from our secondary.
    -Our coaching staff made NO adjustments as Jacksonville ran all over us in the second half. What we were doing wasn't working but we didn't change anything. Again, this cost us the game.
    -Flacco's interception was the turning point of the game. We were driving and would've likely ended up going into halftime ahead either 20-3 or 24-3 but after that AWFUL interception and return, Jacksonville puts 3 on the board and the momentum completely changed. That INT totally changed the game.

I believe we have gotten better every week but we're still losing and that not only concerns me but also confuses me. We have talent on this team and I'm not sure why we aren't able to win games. We need someone to step up and make a big play at just the right time to pull this team together and get over the hump. Hopefully that will happen next week against the Chargers.
    Proud resident of Broncos Country!!!

Lots of good early today...I agree..

Sacks, scores, stopping Jags drives,

Sadly the good couldn’t overcome the bad....and that’s the very weak interior of our D line... and poor adjustments bu the coaches..
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

The good: the Jaguars

The bad: the Broncos

Seriously, I can think of a lot of stuff for the jags, 200 plus yards on the ground, Minshew magic... And it's hard to think of much good with the Broncos in the context of 0-4. They stunk it up good. It was a game they should have won. The fact that there were some parts that looked okay like sacks makes it all the worse. We should have won and didn't and that stunk.
    Last edited by Humberg; 09-29-2019 at 08:58 PM.

The Good: Rookie QB Gardener Minshew

The bad: Veteran QB Joe Flacco

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    The Good: Rookie QB Gardener Minshew

The bad: Veteran QB Joe Flacco
    Flacco 300 yards passing 3 tds

Defense... allowed 229 yards rushing and 20 points in the second half

The good; they put together a couple good drives early.

The bad: everything that happened after halftime.

Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post

Why couldnít you actually credit the jags offense for just going out winning the game instead of crapping on Fangios defense because that is the reality of the situation!

Youíre just attempting to cherry pick 24/7.

Let's be real. He picked on Jalen replacement. If j was there you can take half those yards away. Jags would have had more sacks.

We thought we had the game in the bag and took our foot off the gas right before the half.
    I believe.

Donít forget the INT on the stat line.

Quote Originally Posted by snowman33 View Post
    That INT totally changed the game.
    How can you put the loss of the game solely on that interception like it changed the whole game? Yes it was an ugly throw at a bad timing. But there is 60 minutes in a game, and Flacco played is best football of the season. It was a pretty decent game from our qb and he even led us to a potential game winning touchdown.

This team must be mentally fragile if that interception in the second quarter is the reason why they played so bad and gave 200+ yards to Fournette and a winning drive to a 6th rounder rookie qb.

Oh and by the way I am not a Flacco fan but I can recognize when a guy play a good game at least enough to win it.

Quote Originally Posted by XterraRob View Post
    We thought we had the game in the bag and took our foot off the gas right before the half.
    The offense had foot on the gas until Flacco threw the INT with 2 Broncos receivers wide open, in front him no less. We were were near field goal range. That was a 6 point swing, 10 if we scored a TD on the drive to close the half. Flacco let the Jags believe they could hang...and they hung the 4th loss on the Broncos.

Quote Originally Posted by OPP View Post
    How can you put the loss of the game solely on that interception like it changed the whole game? Yes it was an ugly throw at a bad timing. But there is 60 minutes in a game, and Flacco played is best football of the season. It was a pretty decent game from our qb and he even led us to a potential game winning touchdown.

This team must be mentally fragile if that interception in the second quarter is the reason why they played so bad and gave 200+ yards to Fournette and a winning drive to a 6th rounder rookie qb.
    Yes! They totally are mentally fragile to have a meltdown like they did. But that's not the point here. The point is that the pick was a BAD pick, it was a horrible pass. That's not an NFL pick, it's a backyard, throwing it to your friends after a few beers pick. It NEVER should have happened. The jags scored after that right before halftime. And if, instead, the Broncos could have gone down and scored it would have done a lot to put the game out of reach both in score and in terms of momentum. We lost by 2 points. If we would have scored 3 or kept them from scoring 3 we would have won. So yes, I can lay that at the feet of Joe's doorstep and say without the pick we probably would have won. Easy.
    To permit irresponsible authority is to sell disaster. (Heinlein)...like Broncos season tickets!

FanGIO is defensive Guru , really , cause so far his defenses have SUCKED. That was abismal.
    My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter