Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich_C View Post
    If we are being honest there have been MULTIPLE plays this season where CHJ would usually have made the stop. This season it seems that he is either slowing down or intentionally doing so to protect himself. Given where we are at this season he has enormous trade value for us. If he really wants gone then let him go. The Browns would be an ideal target for him. They have depth issues on their team at the CB position and they have a proven record of paying for players.

I also think that Harris knows that he is best suited for man-to-man coverage. Fangio's style here is NOT good. Too much wait, think then go.
    You make loads of sense. But yes, if his value is high, and he is truly unhappy, and we are in need of change, check out the market and see if a good deal can be had. Hanging onto a good stock that is starting to decline (in his case, both physically and mentally perhaps), is not a good time to hold.

Quote Originally Posted by dizzolve View Post
    If nothing else, moving some top guys out of here takes pressure off the residing brass. What I'm talking about is expectations.
    I agree if a good player is becoming toxic or he is not a good fit long run, given that a team needs positivity, like we all do. Pending the return, it may be a great maneuver. And what it can do, is bring in a player (or two) who want to play for this brass.

Quote Originally Posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
    He’ll be 31 next year and is looking for one last big contract. It might be time to move on from him while we can still get something for him. Though it might be worth waiting and getting a comp pick as that will likely be better than anything he can be traded for at this point.

Though at 0-4 every player on this team should be available for trade at the right price.
    We are all tradeable assets!!!! The right price is the key factor, and right price includes more than just $s.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    You make loads of sense. But yes, if his value is high, and he is truly unhappy, and we are in need of change, check out the market and see if a good deal can be had. Hanging onto a good stock that is starting to decline (in his case, both physically and mentally perhaps), is not a good time to hold.

But his value isnít high. His cap hit is more expensive than his performance, so you wonít get much interest.

Quote Originally Posted by GiddyupGetEm View Post
    But his value isn’t high. His cap hit is more expensive than his performance, so you won’t get much interest.
    Especially with the $3 million raise you gave him in "good faith" money that seems like a total waste now.

Quote Originally Posted by GiddyupGetEm View Post
    But his value isn’t high. His cap hit is more expensive than his performance, so you won’t get much interest.
    I am not sure what he can get us, but I think it wise to look into the possibilities, given his value may decline more rapidly at some point in the not so distant future. Some contending teams may offer too much in return, given they may be a bit desperate to fill a hole.

Seems to me, and again I wasn't in the locker room when players were having words, but for Harris to even say something like that tells me he doesn't really care what happens the rest of the year

Beastlyskronk -- what value would a compensatory pick be?
    Red 98

The early bird may get the worm, but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese

I worried about the players state of mind with getting off to an 0-3 start. I said if the losing continued I wondered if the players would still buy in to what coach Fangio would be selling.

From the Harris comments it seems like it's starting already. Vj was not the best coach but he came in and won before losing and players seemed to have respect for him. All except Talib if I'm not mistaken.

Now with this going on how much longer will it be before more players speak out? I have a win against SD and maybe Ten because we usually split with SD outside of that we really don't have a favorable schedule.

This is going to be bad and I think we are in for a long drama filled season. I dont blame players for being frustrated, any fan that's frustrated has a right to be as well as what we see on sundays is not Bronco football.

Elway created the mess and our problems go way beyond just the players a shakeup is needed top to bottom. Gms, scouts, personnel something and some players too. I hate to bring up NE but structurally they are sound top to bottom. They have a vision and it's clear they have an identity.

I've been saying for a while to close friends and stuff that ask me I tell them we dont have an identity. Elway still feels we got a top 5 defense that he can plug any qb on the team and we could get back to the playoffs by having him manage the game.

We are far from that 15 team and until Elway goes out and gets a QB that can win games we will always be a model of mediocrity. Now I say that but who says he deserve to go out and get another chance to right the ship.

This should have been over since the Lynch failed experiment and I for one just my opinion want a true gm or a new Gm with a new vision. Love the Broncos but we need to get out of our mindset of tradition and how we used to win. It doesnt work we need to catch up with the times and move on.

Not saying you can't love Elway and appreciate his work but sometimes you just got to make the tough decision many won't sit well with it but it's the right thing to do.

So I suspect a 2 win season or maybe 3 and then it's time for those tough decisions to be made.

Oh and before anyone throws Lock in my face I'm sorry kid ain't got it. I was not impressed with him in the few preseason games we need a Fields, Lawrence, Tua type Qb. No more projects we need a franchise qb we can call a winner to get us back to competing.

I like CHJ, but I hate how he acts on the field.

No matter what. If there is any completion ON him or near him, he always ends the play with throwing his hands up in the air with the whole 'not my fault' schtick.

He's been doing it for years and it's getting old.

Quote Originally Posted by Broncoyearound View Post
    I worried about the players state of mind with getting off to an 0-3 start. I said if the losing continued I wondered if the players would still buy in to what coach Fangio would be selling.

From the Harris comments it seems like it's starting already. Vj was not the best coach but he came in and won before losing and players seemed to have respect for him. All except Talib if I'm not mistaken.

Now with this going on how much longer will it be before more players speak out? I have a win against SD and maybe Ten because we usually split with SD outside of that we really don't have a favorable schedule.

This is going to be bad and I think we are in for a long drama filled season. I dont blame players for being frustrated, any fan that's frustrated has a right to be as well as what we see on sundays is not Bronco football.

Elway created the mess and our problems go way beyond just the players a shakeup is needed top to bottom. Gms, scouts, personnel something and some players too. I hate to bring up NE but structurally they are sound top to bottom. They have a vision and it's clear they have an identity.

I've been saying for a while to close friends and stuff that ask me I tell them we dont have an identity. Elway still feels we got a top 5 defense that he can plug any qb on the team and we could get back to the playoffs by having him manage the game.

We are far from that 15 team and until Elway goes out and gets a QB that can win games we will always be a model of mediocrity. Now I say that but who says he deserve to go out and get another chance to right the ship.

This should have been over since the Lynch failed experiment and I for one just my opinion want a true gm or a new Gm with a new vision. Love the Broncos but we need to get out of our mindset of tradition and how we used to win. It doesnt work we need to catch up with the times and move on.

Not saying you can't love Elway and appreciate his work but sometimes you just got to make the tough decision many won't sit well with it but it's the right thing to do.

So I suspect a 2 win season or maybe 3 and then it's time for those tough decisions to be made.

Oh and before anyone throws Lock in my face I'm sorry kid ain't got it. I was not impressed with him in the few preseason games we need a Fields, Lawrence, Tua type Qb. No more projects we need a franchise qb we can call a winner to get us back to competing.
    That's well said. Anywhere else in the league and you hear 'it's not a try hard league it's a do good league''. or ''what have you done for me lately''

It's not personal -- just look at the performance

Maybe we're seeing a team trying to get in position to draft one of those guys you mention. Setting the current team up to draft high? If they are, it sure doesn't seem like it on one hand, but on the other --- some decisions sure have been questionable
    Red 98

Can you really blame him? The coaching staff with Vance was horrible at making adjustments and schemes. This coaching staff is just as bad. Harris gave up a couple of catches yesterday, but he's being wasted. He should be following the best WR all game. Yaidom and Bausby have been getting picked on. Going back to the Oakland game, the deep play to Williams had him matched up on Yaidom, as the only WR on the field. And Harris was floating around in the flats, lined up over TEs. That makes no sense and gave up the play that kind of sealed the game to me. I anticipate a lot of quotes like this if this coaching staff keeps it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Broncoyearound View Post

After a handful of passes with our terrible 2nd and 3rd team offense in a couple preseason games, you can definitively say Lock doesnít have it..... cool

He won't be the only one by week 17. Expect Wolfe, Shelby Harris, Simmons, Parks, Sanders, Flacco, McGovern, Leary, Heuerman, and more to be not returning either. CHJ complaining is just the prelude to the exodus that is coming

Quote Originally Posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
    After a handful of passes with our terrible 2nd and 3rd team offense in a couple preseason games, you can definitively say Lock doesn’t have it..... cool
    I haven't seen the magic either. But we cant wait till year 3 to find him real snaps to show if does or doesn't have it. Maybe he does, but I haven't seen it.
    Red 98

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    He won't be the only one by week 17. Expect Wolfe, Shelby Harris, Simmons, Parks, Sanders, Flacco, McGovern, Leary, Heuerman, and more to be not returning either. CHJ complaining is just the prelude to the exodus that is coming
    Flacco is under contract, so he's not going anywhere unless the Broncos want him to.