View Poll Results: IF we have the 1st pick in the draft......

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Take a QB

7 46.67%
  • Take a LT

1 6.67%
  • Trade for Booty

6 40.00%
  • None of the above

1 6.67%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    I feel andrew thomas or Tristan wirfs as ligit lt prospect who will be worth the top ten selections
    Big fan of both of those guys. Also would be good trading down a bit and getting Derrick Brown at like 8-10 and getting a few more picks.

Quote Originally Posted by porterhouse View Post
    Big fan of both of those guys. Also would be good trading down a bit and getting Derrick Brown at like 8-10 and getting a few more picks.
    Idk i think if andrew thomas is available you sprint to the podium. Him and Risner lock down the left side of the line for a decade and do so at a high level.

If I'm the Broncos I'm beefing up our lines. This is where it's at. Strong OL and DL teams are tough teams to beat. That's what I want . I want our lines to just manhandle the other teams.

Thomas is the first LT i would take first over all sense Tunsil. he is also a great LT in college.

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Thomas is the first LT i would take first over all sense Tunsil. he is also a great LT in college.
    His pass protection is a 8 vs tunsils 10 coming out of college but his strength is a 10 vs tunsils 7. All in all a wash. Other than that yea id say tunsil is the last LT on his level. Though i think thomas could be a jason peters type at the nfl level

Quote Originally Posted by Alaskajoe View Post
    His pass protection is a 8 vs tunsils 10 coming out of college but his strength is a 10 vs tunsils 7. All in all a wash. Other than that yea id say tunsil is the last LT on his level. Though i think thomas could be a jason peters type at the nfl level
    IF we can get a guy like Peters who locked down LT for 10+ yers in the nfl. sign me up.

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

I feel andrew thomas or Tristan wirfs as ligit lt prospect who will be worth the top ten selections
    If Wirfs comes out (which he has said he wont do unless he graduated early though that is a possibility) I would gladly take him. I am not sold on the fact we can even get Thomas yet.

I want to see how much Wanogho improves because after Wirfs he has the best physical attributes, but as someone whose only recently started playing OT for the last few years has improvements needed. However, most of that improvement seems to be in run blocking. He has potential to be the best Sr LT mainly because of raw talent
    Last edited by Joshecalpoly; 10-09-2019 at 03:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshecalpoly View Post
    If Wirfs comes out (which he has said he wont do unless he graduated early though that is a possibility) I would gladly take him. I am not sold on the fact we can even get Thomas yet.

I want to see how much Wanogho improves because after Wirfs he has the best physical attributes, but as someone whose only recently started playing OT for the last few years has improvements needed. However, most of that improvement seems to be in run blocking. He has potential to be the best Sr LT mainly because of raw talent
    Im guessing due to our poor start we finish in the top 10 picks, if we are 7 or closer then whats the payment of getting to 3 or 4? Because the QBs are probably going 1-2 then its Thomas and Young at least for now. So whats the payment and would it be worth it from say 7 to 3?

Quote Originally Posted by Alaskajoe View Post
    Im guessing due to our poor start we finish in the top 10 picks, if we are 7 or closer then whats the payment of getting to 3 or 4? Because the QBs are probably going 1-2 then its Thomas and Young at least for now. So whats the payment and would it be worth it from say 7 to 3?
    If we dont count compensatory picks a 4th and a 5th, but if we drop to 8th it would also take an additional a 6th and possibly a 7th. If we drop to 9th or 10 it could be a 3rd (which we have 2 of). Its not a kings ransom but it does limit us in the draft.

Also, the Jets and Redskins supposedly have their QBs of the future and who knows what the Dolphins will do (we do but we pretend they arent tanking for the best QB). So there is no guarantee that he wont go higher and the team will want to trade that pick away. We would need to position ourselves ahead of both the Jets and Redskins who both need a blue chip LT, which may mean 1 or 2 and that is when things become dangerous
    Last edited by Joshecalpoly; 10-09-2019 at 05:48 PM.

so what about the 2nd 3 we have? wouldnt that get us from say 7 to 3? or would it require the additional 3rd?

I have not read all the posts, but I would expect that we will not picking in the top 5, or possibly even the top 10....unless we make a trade. I am pretty sure we are not playoff bound this season but I believe we are better than a number of teams, including Miami, Washington, Atlanta, The Bengals, Jets and Arizona. And possibly a handful more. My concern is being middle of the pack, because it does not get you to the playoffs and does not get you one of the top draftees....unless you trade or they fall into your lap.

I HOPE Lock is the guy, so that way we can load up on Oline/ILB and possibly Dback (cuz you never have enough).

If we go QB, we can not mess up!!!! Failure would taint the long term plan once again.