Vontaze Burfict suspended the rest of the way

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...rest-of-season

I guess the NFL has seen enough of his helmet targeting plays. That was a nasty hit ..... but might not have been the nastiest hit of the day. That hit on Josh Allen might have been worse

Suspended the rest of the season
    Red 98

The early bird may get the worm, but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese

I understand Burfict’s history, but that was a football play that wouldn’t have drawn a flag twenty years ago let alone an ejection.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I won’t Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!

Quote Originally Posted by broncolee View Post
    I understand Burfict’s history, but that was a football play that wouldn’t have drawn a flag twenty years ago let alone an ejection.
    But they are not playing under the rules from 20 years ago. They've made a number of changes specifically to limit hits to the head and with Burfict's history, which was made abundantly clear by NFL VO of Football Operations Jon Runyan:

There were no mitigating circumstances on this play. Your contact was unnecessary, flagrant and should have been avoided. For your actions, you were penalized and disqualified from the game.

Following each of your previous rule violations, you were warned by me, and each of the jointly appointed appeal officers that future violations would result in escalated accountability measures. However, you have continued to flagrantly abuse rules designated to protect yourself and your opponents from unnecessary risk.

Your extensive history of rules violations is factored into this decision regarding accountability measures.
    Pretty scathing and historically accurate. I say good.

Supposedly he was already heading toward the locker room before the call came for his ejection. Sounds like he might have known it was a bad hit.

Whether or not he deserves a season long suspension I assume he, the league, and players association will work out but it looks like the NFL is trying to make a statement with hits to the head. Burfict gave them a perfect opportunity to drive that message home.

Meanwhile Von barely touches a rook QB across the neck and gets the big Personal to help change the game
    Red 98

The early bird may get the worm, but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese

I don't mind the NFL helping to make the game safer but they go way too far to the point where it gets ridiculous, that wasn't a particularly bad hit at all.

I was watching RZ yesterday and the Giants, Skins game was just stupid with flag after flag, even one of the commentators was saying how ridiculous and unwatchable the game was getting.

That follows on from Bradys comments on last TNF saying he was switching the game off.

The people over here who like the NFL think you have a really good game which is just getting completely spoiled by the amount of rules and flags, to the point where some just turn away from the sport.

I saw that hit....it was intentional from the on set as was the hit by the second guy....umm#55 whatever his name is. Burfict has been suspended 6 times for such hits/play and fined over $2.2 million dollars. Apparently he does not learn for suspensions or fines so I understand him being suspended for the rest of the season and I hope he looses the appeal and stays suspended for this season. Hitting is one thing. Intentionally trying to hurt opposing players is another.
    http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l7...amp69/asdf.jpg
    And yes it is a scheme problem.
    Adopted player Lindsey