Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Report: Bradley Chubb tears ACL; out for year

well there goes any hope of Fangio fixing the defense

fire sell coming up

what exactly is von miller? chopped liver?

i can only imagine if the broncos had the same issues with key injuries as the chargers, you would lose your damn mind

chubb wasn't playing at a high level in that defense anyways, he's graded out kinda poorly through his first 4 games. similar to his grades last year except he hasn't had the same production.

if it makes you feel any better, the chargers lost melvin ingeram for a while too. no big deal, just another key injury for the chargers to endure.

all smack aside, hope the dude is okay long term, key injuries do suck!

Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post

i can only imagine if the broncos had the same issues with key injuries as the chargers, you would lose your damn mind

chubb wasn't playing at a high level in that defense anyways, he's graded out kinda poorly through his first 4 games. similar to his grades last year except he hasn't had the same production.

if it makes you feel any better, the chargers lost melvin ingeram for a while too. no big deal, just another key injury for the chargers to endure.

And you haven't been losing your mind this year with the Sparkler injuries....Mr. Injury drama queen? Why are Dolt injuries always so much worse than Bronco injuries. You state "Melvin Ingeram injury "no big deal" but it's a "another key injury". I think most people think key injuries ARE a big deal! Do you ever read the crap you post AND realize that you contradict yourself in the same sentence?

Examples of your logic: It's a really bad injury but it's really not that bad! So yes it is but no it isn't. What?

You suck at smack!
    Utah Bronco Freak

Lousy news. Hate to see a player get injured. Hopefully he makes a full and speedy recovery.
    Last edited by Mainrnxile; 10-01-2019 at 03:38 AM.

Perhaps we’ll get a good look at Malik Reed, he doesn’t need a bull rush or a spin move to win match ups, he just plays relentlessly. However we’ll most likely see Justin Hollins instead, which isn’t bad either since he’d be going back to his natural position after seeming so lost at ILB.

according to who you or PFFs weird stats ?

so chubb wasn't playing well

………..tackles for loss...…..QB hits......QB pressures......sacks.....solo tackles

chubb……….5...……………….6...………...10...……………..1...………. 16

bosa………...3...……………….5...…………..9...……………..2...………. .10

Melvin...……..3...………………3...………….6...……………….1...……… ..11

chubb played better than either one of yours fool....ya melvins a key injury....but losing chubb for the year is no biggie
    Last edited by arapaho; 10-01-2019 at 08:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post

………..tackles for loss...…..QB hits......QB pressures......sacks.....solo tackles

Melvin played better than either one of yours fool....ya melvins a key injury....but losing chubb for the year is no biggie huh
    Losing Chubb is huge, I’m just glad it wasn’t a complete tear.

I really hate this outside zone crap that both edge rushers are tasked with covering, it’s nothing more than a recipe for disaster when you consider the risk of possible broken ankles, knees or torn ligaments when attempting to change direction at high speeds for such big men.

Fangio is a better coach than that and knows better however he is stubborn in his ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Losing Chubb is huge, I’m just glad it wasn’t a complete tear.

I really hate this outside zone crap that both edge rushers are tasked with covering, it’s nothing more than a recipe for disaster when you consider the risk of possible broken ankles, knees or torn ligaments when attempting to change direction at high speeds for such big men.

Fangio is a better coach than that and knows better however he is stubborn in his ways.
    too many times we see them playing contain the qb instead of attack the qb, shelby is a huge disappointment coming off his last season and how he looked unblockable in preseason...he was supposed to provide that crush to the pocket that allows the edge to get there...he hasn't recorded a single QB hit or TFL

Purcell is SH backup NT...he hasn't been active but one game!!! 17 snaps...seeing that SH has played 59 % of the defensive snaps on the year, and his back up has only played week one....what undersized DE does Fangio have playing NT?

chubb played better than either one of yours fool....ya melvins a key injury....but losing chubb for the year is no biggie
    chubb is the 81st ranked edge defender according to PFF

bosa is #3 (take a wild guess who #2 is? here's a hint, he was a bronco last year lol)

ingram is #43

i trust the scouts at PFF far more than i trust you simply looking at stat sheets, that will never change based on the argument i'm making.

i never said it wasn't a loss for you guys, i said it was actually (in another thread). you do have some key injuries that's hurt your defense, the chargers too. except they have been decimated even worse on offense.

chubb is the 81st ranked edge defender according to PFF

bosa is #3 (take a wild guess who #2 is? here's a hint, he was a bronco last year lol)

ingram is #43

i trust the scouts at PFF far more than i trust you simply looking at stat sheets, that will never change based on the argument i'm making.

i never said it wasn't a loss for you guys, i said it was actually (in another thread). you do have some key injuries that's hurt your defense, the chargers too. except they have been decimated even worse on offense.
    pff is not the best...it doesn't account for what the defenders responsibility in a play was, it doesn't account for being doubled, it doesn't account for playing a good oline, verses the crappiest oline in the game like Miami's...it doesn't account for a offense running up the gut on a team weak in the middle and avoiding the edge

when it takes a edge defender with more tackles for loss, more qb hits, more qb pressure, more solo tackles...everything a edge defender is to do....and ranks them 81 spots below a guy they have completely better stats than other that one more sack

their rankings are a joke
    Last edited by arapaho; 10-01-2019 at 12:39 PM.

pff is not the best...it doesn't account for what the defenders responsibility in a play was, it doesn't account for being doubled, it doesn't account for playing a good oline, verses the crappiest oline in the game like Miami's...it doesn't account for a offense running up the gut on a team weak in the middle and avoiding the edge

when it takes a edge defender with more tackles for loss, more qb hits, more qb pressure, more solo tackles...everything a edge defender is to do....and ranks them 81 spots below a guy they have completely better stats than other that one more sack

their rankings are a joke
    every single NFL team pays for and uses their data, obviously they disagree.

that said, simply looking up stat sheets and not actually watching and evaluating each players performance is better in your opinion? seriously?

too many times we see them playing contain the qb instead of attack the qb, shelby is a huge disappointment coming off his last season and how he looked unblockable in preseason...he was supposed to provide that crush to the pocket that allows the edge to get there...he hasn't recorded a single QB hit or TFL

Purcell is SH backup NT...he hasn't been active but one game!!! 17 snaps...seeing that SH has played 59 % of the defensive snaps on the year, and his back up has only played week one....what undersized DE does Fangio have playing NT?
    You’re countering that argument now, two days later anyway I said “undersized interior linemen” meaning Dre’monte Jones and DeMarcus Walker not the nose tackle.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    You’re countering that argument now, two days later anyway I said “undersized interior linemen” meaning Dre’monte Jones and DeMarcus Walker not the nose tackle.
    really?...then why did you just post it this morning at 9:23 am....and I responded 23 minutes later at 9:46 am

every single NFL team pays for and uses their data, obviously they disagree.

that said, simply looking up stat sheets and not actually watching and evaluating each players performance is better in your opinion? seriously?
    lmao ya lets not look at film, well just read a PFF grade

and PFF is a stat sheet moron...a compilation of stats...again it doesn't account for a multitude of circumstances that can effect each play...much like your Melvin is a top ten pass rusher because PFF says hes top ten in pressures per snap

disregarding he came in on pass rush downs only!!! disregarding the other players were all 3 down players who might play rush defense one play, drop into coverage the next...and so their pressures per def snap might not be as good as someone who just came in to rush the passer

Last edited by arapaho; 10-01-2019 at 03:19 PM.

lmao ya lets not look at film, well just read a PFF grade

you didn't look at all three of them though, did you? the pff scouts did lol

tell me, when you are looking at the stat sheet to come to your conclusion about players you haven't watched much, how to you determine " the defenders responsibility in a play" or "a offense running up the gut on a team weak in the middle and avoiding the edge"?

looking up those stats does not tell you how efficient he was getting those stats. or if he was doubled (or trippled in bosa's case last weekend), it doesn't take into account any of that stuff you criticized pff for.

the real reason you criticize pff is because it contradicts your go to cherry picking stat watching bull crap smack you like to run frequently.