Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    well....Shaq is up to 15 sacks, still leading the league, and also is now up to 3 PD and 6 FF (also #1 in the league.
    Quote Originally Posted by -Rod- View Post
    Whatever Barrett is doing for the Bucs is irrelevant to his time with the Broncos. He never produced at this pace in Denver when he had his opportunities. Started 9 games in 2017, played in all 16, only 4.0 sacks. That's why the Broncos drafted Chubb. Von Miller was a one-man army when Barrett had his chance in Denver. It's not Elway's fault that Barrett only had a breakout season after he signed with another team.
    Fully agree with Rod here. What he's done in Tampa has zero correlation to Denver. Barrett just never delivered here. Perhaps he's just in a better scheme for him? Or he's found a Coordinator/position coach etc. that does a better job of reaching him? Whatever it is, I'm happy for him, and hope that he and his family enjoy the benefits of the big pay day he's going to get. But I don't see it as an apples to apples comparison, because there's no indication he would be doing the same thing in Denver.

Whose fault is it that they didn't see his potential then? I saw it. Many others here did too. Maybe not to this extent but we saw that he had the potential to be a very solid player. I said before they drafted Chubb that I didn't think Chubb was much better than Barrett, if any better, and they shouldn't use that #5 pick on Chubb.

He had his chance to show that and never produced. Hats off for seeing his potential, but he never really showed it during the chances he was given.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    He had his chance to show that and never produced. Hats off for seeing his potential, but he never really showed it during the chances he was given.
    If he didn't show it, how did I see it?

Did you predict, with a post you can quote, he would have 15 sacks and 6 FF?

Just because you saw something doesn't mean that the coaches and decision makers saw the same thing for the scheme and system they wanted to run. There are players everywhere in the league who have blossomed in different systems that better fit their skills. He was given plenty of opportunities in Denver and he didn't deliver enough to make himself a full time starter.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Did you predict, with a post you can quote, he would have 15 sacks and 6 FF?
    nope, but I did say that he wasn't far behing Chubb, if any, and might be the better overall player. And here you go attacking again even though you know I am right, hahaha. you know very well this what I just posted...

I saw it. Many others here did too. Maybe not to this extent but we saw that he had the potential to be a very solid player.

I didn't realize I had to use exact numbers. Sorry, I'll work on that
    Last edited by broncos SB2010; 12-10-2019 at 08:55 PM.

I still think you have to give him another years. 9 of his sacks came in 3 games, 7 were against a hobbled Cam and a rookie Daniel Jones making his first start. It’s been an impressive season for him but I doubt this vaults him into elite pass rusher money this offseason.

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    I still think you have to give him another years. 9 of his sacks came in 3 games, 7 were against a hobbled Cam and a rookie Daniel Jones making his first start. It’s been an impressive season for him but I doubt this vaults him into elite pass rusher money this offseason.
    And going further down that road, he had 9 sacks after 4 games, and has 15 through 13 games. So which player is he? The 9 players in 4 games? Or the 6 sacks in 9 games?

nope, but I did say that he wasn't far behing Chubb, if any, and might be the better overall player. And here you go attacking again even though you know I am right, hahaha. you know very well this what I just posted...

I saw it. Many others here did too. Maybe not to this extent but we saw that he had the potential to be a very solid player.

I didn't realize I had to use exact numbers. Sorry, I'll work on that
    Well, you incorrectly predicted Chubb would have 6 sacks his rookie season. He had 12 sacks, 2 FF, 41 solo tackles, 14 TFL and 21 QB hits. He doubled your prediction.

If others saw his potential, how did you miss it?

With the way this year has gone, Barrett would be on IR by now, had he stayed here.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    And going further down that road, he had 9 sacks after 4 games, and has 15 through 13 games. So which player is he? The 9 players in 4 games? Or the 6 sacks in 9 games?
    Von Miller disappears for games at a time and people around here think he walks on water. 15 sacks in 13 games is impressive. If we’re going to knock Barrett for how they’re distributed, then we better do the same with Miller.

I can understand why the Broncos let Barrett go.

Barrett might be experiencing the benefits of a better scheme fit in Tampa.

Hopefully Chubb can get healthy and back on track so we don’t have to play the what if game with Barrett anymore.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I won’t Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!

Quote Originally Posted by broncolee View Post
    Von Miller disappears for games at a time and people around here think he walks on water. 15 sacks in 13 games is impressive. If we’re going to knock Barrett for how they’re distributed, then we better do the same with Miller.

Hopefully Chubb can get healthy and back on track so we don’t have to play the what if game with Barrett anymore.
    Agreed. I was going to say something similar but you beat me too it.

For example: in 2012, Von's highest sack year, he had 8 sacks in a 4 game stretch then had 10 in the other 12. How is that any different?
    Last edited by broncos SB2010; 12-11-2019 at 06:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by broncolee View Post

Most elite pass rushers get sacks in bunches, the difference between Barrett and Miller (and Mack) is that they’ve done it over multiple seasons. I think most people would look at Barrett and would say this season will be a statistical outlier in his career and that he will fall back into the range of 5-8 sacks a season maybe 8-12 depending on playing time and who he has around him.

IIRC there was no cap space to re-sign several players (e.g., Barrett, Roby, Turner)

Chubb's injury was unforeseeable bad luck of the kind that happens in football. Fortunately the depth at the position is good with Reed, Attaochu and Hollins.

I think Denver currently has 15 players on IR including several starters and quality depth guys.

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    $15M might be pushing it but I bet it is at least $10M