Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    our players wouldn't have 9 sacks on theirs........
    come on man...Chubb or von are heads and tails better than shaq,

shaq is in a system that he is excelling in ...von and chubb isnt

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    I have to wonder if the amount of cut blocks he’s been taking had anything to do with this. Chubb and Miller have had linemen coming at their knees an egregious amount so far this season
    see him getting cut every game

Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    come on man...Chubb or von are heads and tails better than shaq,

shaq is in a system that he is excelling in ...von and chubb isnt
    if Shaq was on our team and he had 9 sacks everyone would be saying DPOY!!! Give credit where it is due. Has Von ever had a streak of 9 sacks over 4 games? For that matter who many guys have you ever heard of with 9 sacks over 4 games?

I'm not saying one is better than another but according to this production wouldn't it have been better to have kept Barrett and drafted someone else instead of Chubb? We could have had Nelson AND Barrett or Bush/Barrett.....instead we just have Chubb.
    Last edited by broncos SB2010; 10-01-2019 at 06:17 PM.

Imagine if we had re-signed Barrett.
    All it takes to win is doing whatever it takes to win: COMMITMENT

if Shaq was on our team and he had 9 sacks everyone would be saying DPOY!!! Give credit where it is due. Has Von ever had a streak of 9 sacks over 4 games? For that matter who many guys have you ever heard of with 9 sacks over 4 games?
    Von had 8 over the course of 4 games in 2012. I think what was more impressive were his 6 sacks over the course 4 games in 2015, with 5 of those 6 occurring in playoff games.

For that matter who many guys have you ever heard of with 9 sacks over 4 games?
    There's probably a few. In recent years, Aaron Donald had 8.5 over 4 games last season, Khalil Mack had 10 over 4 games in 2015, and Aldon Smith had 11 over 4 games in 2012.

History aside, Shaq Barrett looks to be an early frontrunner for DPOY if he can keep it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Bootleg View Post
    Von had 8 over the course of 4 games in 2012. I think what was more impressive were his 6 sacks over the course 4 games in 2015, with 5 of those 6 occurring in playoff games.

There's probably a few. In recent years, Aaron Donald had 8.5 over 4 games last season, Khalil Mack had 10 over 4 games in 2015, and Aldon Smith had 11 over 4 games in 2012.

History aside, Shaq Barrett looks to be an early frontrunner for DPOY if he can keep it up.
    that's a pretty good list

I'm not saying one is better than another but according to this production wouldn't it have been better to have kept Barrett and drafted someone else instead of Chubb? We could have had Nelson AND Barrett or Bush/Barrett.....instead we just have Chubb.
    Good on Shaq for getting 9 sacks in 4 games, but with 14 sacks in the 4 seasons prior who would’ve thought he’d put these numbers up? Even the Bucs only gave him a 1 year deal for 4 mil which is backup level money for a pass rusher. The real difference is in how teams play us vs how they play the Bucs. Barrett couldn’t replicate those numbers here because teams make a concerted effort to slow down our pass rush. We’ll see if Barrett keeps this up now that he’s established himself as a legitimate pass rushing threat.

Good on Shaq for getting 9 sacks in 4 games, but with 14 sacks in the 4 seasons prior who would’ve thought he’d put these numbers up? Even the Bucs only gave him a 1 year deal for 4 mil which is backup level money for a pass rusher. The real difference is in how teams play us vs how they play the Bucs. Barrett couldn’t replicate those numbers here because teams make a concerted effort to slow down our pass rush. We’ll see if Barrett keeps this up now that he’s established himself as a legitimate pass rushing threat.
    I never would have guessed he would put up those numbers and he won't keep it up but I always thought he was a solid, all around player. He was well worth keeping at a cheap rate and I thought he would have been a solid starter for us.

It isn't just his sack numbers this year either. He has 2 passes defensed, 1 INT, and 3 forced fumbles.

That's part of the reason I question the team building philosophy of the FO. They develop these guys for 4 or 5 years and then let them walk where they excel for other teams and we never get the continuity at positions like OLB and let other positions stagnate such as NT and OG.

I agree and i would add outside of Denver fans, who actually heard of Barrett? he is the beneficiary of being an unknown talent. No one was game planning for him. now that he has shown his talent on the east coast where he is more visible and not in the shadow of miller, he will start getting more attention. Then we will see how good he can be when he is the focus of a game plan.

BCMB Div I - AB's Etsy Shop | BCMB FF Smackdown - Cold Feet

Quote Originally Posted by dipablo View Post
    I agree and i would add outside of Denver fans, who actually heard of Barrett? he is the beneficiary of being an unknown talent. No one was game planning for him. now that he has shown his talent on the east coast where he is more visible and not in the shadow of miller, he will start getting more attention. Then we will see how good he can be when he is the focus of a game plan.
    That's pretty weak. Barrett is lighting it up this season and so many are making excuses and trying to explain extenuating circumstances for his success. Maybe he won't keep it up but he is having a fantastic season so far.

Last season Miller had 14.5 sacks, 4 passes defended, no INTs and 4 forced fumbles. Chubb had 12.5 sacks, no passes defensed, no INT and 2 FF yet everyone was raving about him. In 4 games Barrett is only 5 sacks, 2 passes defensed, and 1 forced fumble behind Millers entire season and only 3 sacks away from blowing Chubb's season out of the water and you are saying it's all due to not being game planned against??? No one is even close to him in production this season at a similar position and every team in the league is saying they blew it and should have signed him when he was cheap.
    Last edited by broncos SB2010; 10-02-2019 at 03:11 PM.

I am happy for Shaq however if he was still here there is no way that he would be producing like that. What helps Shaq in Tampa Bay is they have a True DL named Suh who crashes the Middle every time leaving it open for Shaq if Denver had a guy like Malik Jackson or Suh Von Miller will be feasting. That is the Truth !