Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    I'd like to have a pothole detector.....trouble is, when spring comes here, it would be beeping far too frequently!!

Sometimes I just want to walk into a dealership and go:

"Get me one of those new trucks, but spare the power windows, power seats, dome light, proximity sensors, backup camera, satellite radio, heated seats, transformer tailgate, automatic lights, steering assist, ABS, traction control, 30" wheels, three piston brakes, 20" brake rotors, automatic shift on the fly/telepathic predictashift 4 wheel drive, fuel injection, electronic shift transmission, tire pressure sensor, other 1,000lbs of extra curricular nonsense, and add the following: Big 'Ol Fluid Cooler (just because Sam Elliott) the biggest one you got, special order camshaft, heads, valve train, and exhaust to get me to 600HP, and paint everything flat black. When I say paint everything flat black, I mean everything that's not a tire, a turn signal, or a window. But tint the windows. Then, sell it to me for $20,000 less than what you've got the one in your showroom listed for, and you've got yourself a deal."

Then just turn around and walk out...

Quote Originally Posted by Spice 1 View Post
    Sometimes I just want to walk into a dealership and go:

"Get me one of those new trucks, but spare the power windows, power seats, dome light, proximity sensors, backup camera, satellite radio, heated seats, transformer tailgate, automatic lights, steering assist, ABS, traction control, 30" wheels, three piston brakes, 20" brake rotors, automatic shift on the fly/telepathic predictashift 4 wheel drive, fuel injection, electronic shift transmission, tire pressure sensor, other 1,000lbs of extra curricular nonsense, and add the following: Big 'Ol Fluid Cooler (just because Sam Elliott) the biggest one you got, special order camshaft, heads, valve train, and exhaust to get me to 600HP, and paint everything flat black. When I say paint everything flat black, I mean everything that's not a tire, a turn signal, or a window. But tint the windows. Then, sell it to me for $20,000 less than what you've got the one in your showroom listed for, and you've got yourself a deal."

Then just turn around and walk out...
    Ha ha....and to add, a long time ago I learned that walking away from car sales folks often did work.

Interesting (to me), but a pal of mine had a vehicle with the anti collision feature, and he was not loving it. Claims that it was activated as it should when a car suddenly cut in front of him on the highway, but apparently the brake lights did not go on, which caused the driver behind him to have to react very quickly. In fact, he was so ticked with the feature, he took the keys back to the dealership and told them to keep it...and make a deal on another vehicle.

Now, who knows if the driver behind him "thought" there were no brake lights, or whatever, but so far I feel more like turning it off than using it. Then again, in some rare occasion, it could be a life saver.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    Ha ha....and to add, a long time ago I learned that walking away from car sales folks often did work.

Interesting (to me), but a pal of mine had a vehicle with the anti collision feature, and he was not loving it. Claims that it was activated as it should when a car suddenly cut in front of him on the highway, but apparently the brake lights did not go on, which caused the driver behind him to have to react very quickly. In fact, he was so ticked with the feature, he took the keys back to the dealership and told them to keep it...and make a deal on another vehicle.

Now, who knows if the driver behind him "thought" there were no brake lights, or whatever, but so far I feel more like turning it off than using it. Then again, in some rare occasion, it could be a life saver.
    That really sucks. Imagine being the guy eating tofu and jamming out to Billy Joel in his new Tesla, only to have the auto pilot park him into the back of an 18 wheeler on the free way.

Id like to walk in with a straight face and ask:
    What do you have thats carbourated?

Quote Originally Posted by armedequation View Post
    Id like to walk in with a straight face and ask:
    What do you have thats carbourated?
    They'd probably bring you a carbonated drink.....

Quote Originally Posted by dipablo View Post
    heated seats are nice, but when you live in the desert, nothing is better then air condition seats.
    Is there such a thing, because that would be awesome.

Adopted Bronco - 2016/17 - Trevor Siemian
    Adopted Bronco - 2017/18 - Chris Harris Jr. # 25 to every player he covers
    Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe
    Adopted Bronco - 2019/20 - Shelby Harris

They'd probably bring you a carbonated drink.....

Sophia ~yes they have cooled seats now

Sophia ~yes they have cooled seats now
    I forgot that we have "ventilated' front seats, which I believe are cooling related. I guess I forgot about them given it is snowing today!!!

Having a good defroster that always works is really nice when the weather gets cold.

Quote Originally Posted by Houshmazode View Post
    Having a good defroster that always works is really nice when the weather gets cold.
    It is a really good feature! There is a phenomena as I describe it, whereby folks are parking their vehicles and lifting their wipers to prevent them from sticking. Wonder how many of them have blown away???

It is a really good feature! There is a phenomena as I describe it, whereby folks are parking their vehicles and lifting their wipers to prevent them from sticking. Wonder how many of them have blown away???
    I do that on mine. I work nights and we get a lot of snow overnight sometimes. Had a snowstorm with wind a couple nights ago and they didn't go anywhere.

My old Land Rover had a heated windshield. That was really nice too but didn't always work that great when it got below 20 degrees. It was also like $1200 to replace, so I always paid more for window / glass coverage.

I hate how new cars treat me like i dont know how to drive. Always telling me what to do.

Constant dings to tell me this or that. I know how to drive thank you very much.

Anymore i feel like people dont know how to drive and that they rely on technology to drive for them.

Most of these new features i can do without. I cam parallel park on my own. I look much futher than the car right in front of me. I use my mirrors and i turn my head to look before making a lane change. I can control my braking much better than my abs does.

Can your threads are always a good read and are well thought out discussion starters!
    Yeah, it's going to be a sad and weird time when autonomous vehicles completely take over most diving responsibilities.

Many years from now while telling classic old people stories to children:

You: Back in my day, we actually DROVE the car ourselves!
    Child: Wow, Grandpa!

Quote Originally Posted by Lumiere View Post
    Yeah, it's going to be a sad and weird time when autonomous vehicles completely take over most diving responsibilities.

Many years from now while telling classic old people stories to children:

You: Back in my day, we actually DROVE the car ourselves!
    Child: Wow, Grandpa!
    Like in the movie i robot.

Autonomous cars will still be programmed by humans so they will never be infallible. Im glad to see a resurgence in hot rods and muscle cars. There for a while it seemed like everything was going prius (dont get me started on the prius)

No that its getting cold outside I really wish I had a remote start.