Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 35
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 5280
    Posts
    13,346
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    Iím going to say he gets 18.5, heís not going to keep up that pace. Oh and yes itís funny he has more sacks than the broncos and the same amount as the chargers team does
    That could all change this week for Denver. The titans have given up 25 sacks in 5 games and 5 of those sacks came last week to the buffalo bills.

    Marcus Marriota has zero pocket awareness while his interior protection is the worst in the league.

    I know Denverís rush hasnít been very good but I think that has more to do with the broncos trying to learn Fangios system on the fly with very little preseason play.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Mile High Stadium
    Posts
    9,560
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Does your butt hurt over the fact that Elway did not find the correct defensive coaching staff to fit Barrettís talents while he was a Broncos?

    If so then feel free to feel it to its fullest extent because that is exactly what has happened.

    In the midst of all your madness you shouldíve realized that Shaq is doing extremely well and deserves all the recognition he is receiving right now especially from Denver fans.

    Wether Elway looks like an incompetent fool or not is irrelevant to anyone not wearing orange glasses.

    Perhaps we should be speculating on the length of time it takes you to get yourself banned.
    Elway built a defense around Von Millerís
    talents and won a Super Bowl
    Let me know when the Bucs Defense leads them to the Super Bowl or playoffs.
    You hate Elway i get it but the bucs offense is putting up big points resulting in Barrett getting
    pass rush opportunities, who do you think he is better than SB MVP Von Miller or Bradley Chubb?

    What did the jets win with Gastenua and all those sacks again?
    I remember Von getting 18.5 in 2012 but couldnít get Flacco when it mattered most in the playoffs
    He made up for it in 2015 but Iím sure you didnít watch since Elway built that team
    Last edited by 58Miller; 10-10-2019 at 08:17 PM.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 5280
    Posts
    13,346
    Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    Elway built a defense around Von Millerís
    talents and won a Super Bowl
    Let me know when the Bucs Defense leads them to the Super Bowl or playoffs.
    You hate Elway i get it but the bucs offense is putting up big points resulting in Barrett getting
    pass rush opportunities, who do you think he is better than SB MVP Von Miller or Bradley Chubb?

    What did the jets win with Gastenua and all those sacks again?
    I remember Von getting 18.5 in 2012 but couldnít get Flacco when it mattered most in the playoffs
    He made up for it in 2015 but Iím sure you didnít watch since Elway built that team
    So pointing out someoneís blatant mistakes translates to hate?

    How did your teachers ever teach you anything if you took it all as hate rather than constructive criticism?

    I donít care what you or Arapaho say, nor do I care how you both try to spin it, I am going to continue to be critical of John Elway regardless for every stupid obvious mistakes he has made.

    Now I created a thread to give Shaq Barrett recognition, how does doing so make such an asinine assumption that he is better than Von Miller???

    Geez you guys are like Tommy12, if I say Manning was a great, he has to say ďbrady is betterĒ.

    So now when I give props to Barrett for his achievements, you automatically have to lecture me on how Von is better?

    Who cares, I wasnít talking about Von...

    And just to beat you to the punch, yes Barrett was pretty good in 2015-16 following those years he wasnít. Not even Von was great after those seasons because Elway failed to get the right coaching staff in here.
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 10-10-2019 at 09:42 PM.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    the treasure valley, Idaho
    Posts
    16,130
    Shaq played 2 years for Wade Phillips. The argument that Elway couldnít find the right coach is beyond silly.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 5280
    Posts
    13,346
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Shaq played 2 years for Wade Phillips. The argument that Elway couldnít find the right coach is beyond silly.
    No what is beyond silly is letting Wade walk in favor of Vance Joseph.

    Know what else is beyond silly? Not reading the actual post before just dropping lame comments because Iíve already acknowledged Barrettís success under Wade.
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 10-11-2019 at 05:34 AM.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    the treasure valley, Idaho
    Posts
    16,130
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    No what is beyond silly is letting Wade walk in favor of Vance Joseph.

    Know what else is beyond silly? Not reading the actual post before just dropping lame comments because Iíve already acknowledged Barrettís success under Wade.
    I apologize if my post came across as personal.
    He was a role player who made a few plays under Wade, nothing more. If anyone saw this coming heíd be getting a lot more $$ than what he is now.
    The fact is we took a chance on a slow edge guy with maturity issues coming out of CSU before anyone else did.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Mile High Stadium
    Posts
    9,560
    Elway brought in Wade, Iím sure with Kubiakís wanting him here. Once Kubiak left Elway brought in a younger coach and it was a failure.

    Meanwhile Wade has done a good job with the Rams but this this year his d isnít even better than ours.

    Fangio like in Chicago and SF will re build our defense and we will be back as a top defense in the nfl, and we will need it with Mahomes in our division.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Mile High Stadium
    Posts
    9,560
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    So pointing out someoneís blatant mistakes translates to hate?

    How did your teachers ever teach you anything if you took it all as hate rather than constructive criticism?

    I donít care what you or Arapaho say, nor do I care how you both try to spin it, I am going to continue to be critical of John Elway regardless for every stupid obvious mistakes he has made.

    Now I created a thread to give Shaq Barrett recognition, how does doing so make such an asinine assumption that he is better than Von Miller???

    Geez you guys are like Tommy12, if I say Manning was a great, he has to say ďbrady is betterĒ.

    So now when I give props to Barrett for his achievements, you automatically have to lecture me on how Von is better?

    Who cares, I wasnít talking about Von...

    And just to beat you to the punch, yes Barrett was pretty good in 2015-16 following those years he wasnít. Not even Von was great after those seasons because Elway failed to get the right coaching staff in here.
    Sammy you remind me of the guy at work that complains everyday about how the company runs, about how everybody else works, and Iím the guy that agrees with some of your concerns but instead of joining you and whining I just focus on what I have power over and thatís doing my job the best I can.

    I get you want John Elway gone, he in your mind is the problem.

    I wish we still had Shaq Barrett, but I get he wanted to start and despite Denver wanting him back he knew that he would not start over Chubb or Von. So instead of wishing we were the Tampa Bay Bucs Defense like you, Iím going to focus on the guys we have like Malik Reed and Hollins. Iím excited about both of them.
    I am happy for Shaq he was a great find by John Elway and now he balling out.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 5280
    Posts
    13,346
    Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    Elway brought in Wade, Iím sure with Kubiakís wanting him here. Once Kubiak left Elway brought in a younger coach and it was a failure.

    Meanwhile Wade has done a good job with the Rams but this this year his d isnít even better than ours.

    Fangio like in Chicago and SF will re build our defense and we will be back as a top defense in the nfl, and we will need it with Mahomes in our division.
    I couldnít agree more! It is just going to take time but Iím loving the performance out fourth from Purcell, Johnson and Jackson and I do credit Elway for that. I still believe he needs to pay CHJ because Yiadom isnít going to get it done but that is another argument entirely.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 5280
    Posts
    13,346
    Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    Sammy you remind me of the guy at work that complains everyday about how the company runs, about how everybody else works, and Iím the guy that agrees with some of your concerns but instead of joining you and whining I just focus on what I have power over and thatís doing my job the best I can.

    I get you want John Elway gone, he in your mind is the problem.

    I wish we still had Shaq Barrett, but I get he wanted to start and despite Denver wanting him back he knew that he would not start over Chubb or Von. So instead of wishing we were the Tampa Bay Bucs Defense like you, Iím going to focus on the guys we have like Malik Reed and Hollins. Iím excited about both of them.
    I am happy for Shaq he was a great find by John Elway and now he balling out.
    I am not whining and the only reason you say that is because Iím an the only one with the fortitude to stand against everyone else and criticize Elway!

    I donít want Elway gone and if It sounds that way, it is only because of the Fans that absolutely cannot accept criticism. Heís human, and itís deserving and justified.

    People act as if youíre trashing their grandma when you criticize an Elway move, they act no different than the Patriots fans but weíre supposed to be better than that.

    Elway has been good for the defense but I think he needs to take another position with the team and allow a whole new scouting crew to take over and stop dictating so much on game day.

    And what I mean by that is the fact that he had pushed for Michael Scofield to start in Adam Gaseís offense and then a year later over Tyler Polumbus.

    Also it was recently reported on Denver radio that Theo Riddick would be activated over Tim Patrick for the simple fact that he was paid.

    Since when does paying a guy take Precedence over whatís better for the team? Those are the things that I think Elway needs to step back and stay out of!
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 10-11-2019 at 08:35 AM.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Mile High Stadium
    Posts
    9,560
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    I couldnít agree more! It is just going to take time but Iím loving the performance out fourth from Purcell, Johnson and Jackson and I do credit Elway for that. I still believe he needs to pay CHJ because Yiadom isnít going to get it done but that is another argument entirely.
    Good to hear!!! And trust me, I donít think Elway is perfect, dude has made a lot of bad moves. I think after the SB he believed in his own genius, and got humbled.
    Kubiak stepping down was a huge blow to Elway. VJ was a horrible hire and trying to just throw Siemien in there and missing on Lynch also killed us and we are now recovering.

    I think the big difference is your sick of Elway and I am more worried about another VJ coming on here at GM and not realizing he is a turd in 3 years and then we need another 3 years to recover.
    Right now I can see that we will get better.
    Each week Fangios defense is getting better and Scangerello is also improving:
    Week / 1st Half Pts
    1. 0
    2. 3
    3. 10
    4. 17
    5. 17
    If he can get us to come out and score in the third we may start putting teams away.

    I know itís frustrating but right now we are a team that is in transition.

    As far as Elway and his bad drafting history, my hope is he lets Vic and Scangerello fill the holes in the draft with guys that fit their schemes.
    We also will have close $70 million to fill holes next year no more bargain bin FAís we can actually go out and sign big name guys like we did in 2014 ( Talib, Ware, Ward, and Sanders)
    Veteran leadership is what we really need, for example Danny Trevethan should be available.

    Iím just rambling, Sam i get your a passionate fan and your not happy with Elway and your right he needs has let us down.

    Go Broncos!

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    30,047
    If the broncos defense played every week the way they play against the chargers they would be undefeated.

    Maybe the chargers game was a turning point but they always play us like that.

    I do think the broncos win this weekend but it will be interesting to see if their defense can repeat that intensity.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    where the hills touch heaven
    Posts
    16,031
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    If the broncos defense played every week the way they play against the chargers they would be undefeated.

    Maybe the chargers game was a turning point but they always play us like that.

    I do think the broncos win this weekend but it will be interesting to see if their defense can repeat that intensity.
    The turning point was moving 290#
    Shelby Harris out and a 328# Purcell into NT
    As well as finding a potential stud in Alexander Johnson at MLB

    That was a great move in stopping the run game

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    30,047
    Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    The turning point was moving 290#
    Shelby Harris out and a 328# Purcell into NT
    As well as finding a potential stud in Alexander Johnson at MLB

    That was a great move in stopping the run game
    That doesnít explain everything though. I could argue that the chargers were trying too hard to run the ball with Gordon rather than do what was working well before that using AA in the passing game.

    The broncos defense looked like they did last season when they knocked us out of a first round bye but they donít look like that against everyone.

    Thatís why I say it will be interesting to see if they actually did turn a corner or is it just because they know the chargers offense so well and have historically played well against it.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    where the hills touch heaven
    Posts
    16,031
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    That doesnít explain everything though. I could argue that the chargers were trying too hard to run the ball with Gordon rather than do what was working well before that using AA in the passing game.

    The broncos defense looked like they did last season when they knocked us out of a first round bye but they donít look like that against everyone.

    Thatís why I say it will be interesting to see if they actually did turn a corner or is it just because they know the chargers offense so well and have historically played well against it.

    They used Ekeler in the passing game, but he wasnít effective, I think because the defense recognized that and eliminated it

    If the defense is covering it well, the Play will not be effective, plus with a stouter interior d, the linebackers and DB didnít have to worry about being gashed through the gut like we did the week before and didnít suck up when the chargers faked a handoff to Ekeler looking for a screen

    With all that great experience of your assistant coaches that you bragged about youíd think if it wasnít anything the broncos did but merely what the chargers didnít do
    They would have corrected it


    By the way he caught 15 passes against the broncos as the rb, so Iíd say they tried using him in the passing game...broncos defense
    Last edited by arapaho; 10-12-2019 at 04:08 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •