Page 1 of 49 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Official Game Day Thread: 2019: Week 5 Broncos vs Chargers

Hello Bronco Fans,

Don't know about you, but I'm still waiting for Football start. Judging by the Broncos, they are too.
    They just finished their second round of the preseason. I'm waiting too see if any cuts will be made at this point as well.

We lost two home games... HOME GAMES. One to Mitch Trubisky and the other to Gardner Minshew. Just on principal of their names we should have won. I mean C'mon. Both game had a final drive where a ref called a iffy roughing the passer penalty, which aided the drive into the opponent killing us with a game ending field goal. I guess we can look forward to that scenario again in week 6 vs the Titans at home.

For now we have to get through Phyllis Rivers and the San Diego Chargers. An 0-4 team taking on the 2-2 Dolts, who are keeping pace with the Faiders. Meanwhile we are 4 games behind the Chefs? No one with sanity expected this team to go undefeated. But to be winless after a month. Holy Hannah the number of screw ups that have to go on for that to happen to a supposedly talented team. Were 0-4. The last time we lost 4 games in a row was.... um... the end of last season. We haven't won since Dec 2nd 2018 vs Cincy. Who knows if we can win before Halloween.

Hey we did manage to get 5 sacks, so that is progress, 2 for Miller, 1 for Chubb. Which will now be his only sack this year. The Dolts O-line did okay last week, but in week 3 they gave up 5 sacks to the Texans D. He's been sacked 11 times for the season. So maybe we can split the difference or something.

SO where is our Run D. Weeks 1-3 we didn't have a 100 yard rusher. This past week we gave up 269 yards on 38 carries. How bad do you have to be for that. If only Elway had hired a defensive minded coach this season. Who know where we could be? No one knows how much Melvin Gordon will play this week, but the Dolts weren't too awful without him. D needs to refocus and finds its identity.

Week 5 games, how do we do? Um kinda horrible. we are 4-6 over the last 10 years. Of the 4 wins, 1 was at home, 3 on the road. Of the 6 losses. 3 came at home, 3 on the road. Kinda disappointing. But on the bright side Flacco did pretty well. 3 TDs and 300 yards last week. Hopefully he will give us comparable numbers this week. We'll have our work cut out for us this week.

Thank you one and all to those still hanging in there with us. It's been hard. Our season is done, with 12 more games to go. We just need to take it one week at a time and hope for improvement. Please as usual follow the rules of the COC. The mods like us share our misery. Keep hope alive. Maybe this time we get the “W”. Looking forward to the game, but not the refs again. As always GO BRONCOS!!
    Last edited by Elway; 10-06-2019 at 11:39 AM.
    The Game Day Thread: Year 15 Now in progress.

Big chance to gain a bit of confidence, and maybe lay a small foundation to hopefully start a bit of a turn around against an overrated Chargers team. My prediction is Freeman and Lindsay combine for over 200 yards of total offense in a Broncos win, hopefully. Go Broncos.

Thank you Elway !!!
    I have a good feeling about this game.
    I think the D will ruin cry baby phyllis’ day !!!

GO BRONCOS !!!

STOMP THE doltz !!!

GO "D" --- SACK phyllis !!!

Broncos 42
    doltz 13

May God Bless All The Men And Women Of Our Armed Forces, Past and Present
    The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing.
    http://www.navyjack.info/history.html

My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe.

Go Broncos!!!!!!

2019 Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay
    2013 Adopt-a-poster: #87Birdman, AZ Snake Fan,
    BSD, Housh, Humcalc and Sophia

Never give up, and never quit fighting to win.

Hope the Broncos punch the Sparklers in the mouth.

Thanks, Elway!

Go Broncos!!
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe --- I adopted: Everyone!

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

I kinda feel like we're in for an 0-5 start, hopefully I'm wrong, but... It's going to get more painful before we start seeing the light at the end of the tunnel I'm afraid

Quote Originally Posted by AZ Snake Fan View Post

Thank you Elway !!!
    I have a good feeling about this game.
    I think the D will ruin cry baby phyllis’ day !!!

GO BRONCOS !!!

STOMP THE doltz !!!

GO "D" --- SACK phyllis !!!

Broncos 42
    doltz 13

I'll have what he's having!

Go Broncos!

Very well put Elway

31-24 bronc__ !

😪

Hey the BBQ ribs are going to be good anyway!

In all seriousnous I’m looking forward to seeing how Von is utilized now that Chubb is out. Also Malik Reed and Mike Purcell will get some significant playing time today so it may be a glimpse into the not so distant future.

Also looking for fant and Sutton to have a big game since most of San Angelos defense is hurt. Haha deadbolts.
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 10-06-2019 at 07:01 AM.

The 16 game winning streak starts today!

Gooooooooooooo Broncos!!!
    [

Thanks, Elway!

GO BRONCOS!!

Adopted Bronco - 2016/17 - Trevor Siemian
    Adopted Bronco - 2017/18 - Chris Harris Jr. # 25 to every player he covers
    Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe
    Adopted Bronco - 2019/20 - Shelby Harris

hopefully no more serious injuries I think today prolly be our 9th loss in a row unreal....when was last time that happened 40s-50s

I guess we get to see who can step up and help von and give us quality depth at OLB for next year when chubb is back

GO BRONCOS!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bronco30 View Post
    hopefully no more serious injuries I think today prolly be our 9th loss in a row unreal....when was last time that happened 40s-50s

I guess we get to see who can step up and help von and give us quality depth at OLB for next year when chubb is back
    It was 1963-64, when we lost 11 in a row. BTW, the Broncos weren't in existence in the '40s and '50s.