Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Joe Burrow

Absolutely love Joe Burrow. Absolutely don't see us picking a QB in the first round next year.

I think Elway & the FO gives Lock the remainder of this season and the entirety of next season to prove himself. As much as I disliked Lock as a prospect this year, there's no denying his physical tools and his upside. I'm very interested to see how much his game improves once he refines his footwork and has more game experience and another offseason in Scangarello's system. Now is the time to build this offense Baltimore Ravens-style and draft more top talent at OL and surround Lock with more dangerous and reliable weapons.
    2014 Adopt-A-Bronco: #43 T.J. WARD & #38 QUINTON CARTER
    2013 Adopt-A-Bronco: #25 CHRIS HARRIS

Quote Originally Posted by HDbroncos02 View Post
    Absolutely love Joe Burrow. Absolutely don't see us picking a QB in the first round next year.

I think Elway & the FO gives Lock the remainder of this season and the entirety of next season to prove himself. As much as I disliked Lock as a prospect this year, there's no denying his physical tools and his upside. I'm very interested to see how much his game improves once he refines his footwork and has more game experience and another offseason in Scangarello's system. Now is the time to build this offense Baltimore Ravens-style and draft more top talent at OL and surround Lock with more dangerous and reliable weapons.
    i also like where Lock hs been with where he was in preseason vs his first start. he looked so much more mentally sharp. he put in alot of work with learning the playbook while he was on IR and it showed.

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

This kid is a stud , hands down .

Quote Originally Posted by orange crush75 View Post
    This kid is a stud , hands down .
    Wish we could get him. But that’s nothing but a pipes dream for us. He’s amazing.

While we’ve sucked this year, we’ve haven’t sucked enough to get Joe Burrow. So sad.

He’s most likely going to CIN. What a waste. I hope he doesn’t languish there in that horrible organization. They’re a great player killer and they’re a great WR and RB killer.

In other words, no matter the super star who goes to CIN, they’re career will most likely be over because they have no idea what to do with gifted players.

BOOK IT.
    Last edited by broncoslover115; 12-07-2019 at 05:20 PM.

I think hes gonna win the Heisman .

I think hes gonna win the Heisman .
    I wish we could get him. He is gonna be a stud in the nfl. Cincy is crazy for not trading a.j. green for more picks. He is injury prone and needs to play for a contender.
    We could have had Lamar Jackson *LJ for M.V.P*

Quote Originally Posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
    I wish we could get him. He is gonna be a stud in the nfl. Cincy is crazy for not trading a.j. green for more picks. He is injury prone and needs to play for a contender.
    True, but what could they get for him?

Joe Burrow is one of the most complete QB prospects to come out of college, in my opinion. The smarts of Peyton Manning and the attitude/competitiveness of Tom Brady, combined with sneaky good mobility. Short of Aaron Rodgers' arm, he has it all. In a fast-paced league with big changes as of late, I see Burrow as the next great "traditional" quarterback to bridge a gap, now that the golden era of quarterbacking is coming to a close (Manning, Brady, Brees and Rodgers).

I'd love (and hate) to see what Bill Belichick could accomplish with Joe Burrow on the same team. That's another dynasty right there, imo. Back to reality, I'm hoping Drew Lock is our guy. He needs to be!
    Adopted Poster
    AZ Snake Fan

To get Burrow, how much of the farm would we have to sell ?

Quote Originally Posted by wmp View Post
    To get Burrow, how much of the farm would we have to sell ?
    Probably the barn, animals, harvested crops, fields and machinery. But... we get to keep the farmhouse and a dream!

Seriously though, say we close out the season with the 10th overall pick. That would leave us at a total of 574.84 points for our picks in the first three rounds (369.09 + 141.82 + 63.93) of the 2020 NFL Draft. Typically, the first overall is valued at 1000 points but can come at a premium, especially if it's used on a highly sought-after QB prospect and you're trading with a team in need of a quarterback. Von Miller isn't worth much at this point, unfortunately. So to get there, we're looking at future picks. Just like back in the day with the old Cowboys scheme (3000/2600/2200 etc), they aren't worth as much as current picks. There's no clear rule as to how much, however, as it will come down to each individual trade and the guy on the other end of the line. It would be guesswork at best, and much would depend on how Elway maneuvers in the off-season in the way of players <> compensatory picks.

It can be done, but it's a crazy move – one that very well could define both franchises for the foreseeable future. Personally, and just because of how much I believe in Joe Burrow, I think it would be worth it.
    Adopted Poster
    AZ Snake Fan

Also, one could argue that it makes a lot more sense to stay put, invest in Drew Lock over the next 20 games and see what we have. If it doesn't work out, we go all in on the 2021 draft and get a quarterback like Justin Fields or Trevor Lawrence. I can see both sides and I'm down with whatever.
    Adopted Poster
    AZ Snake Fan

I really like Burrow but theres no chance the Bengals let him go. Honestly if Lock can grow and make the right steps which I believe he will we have a Qb.

I really like Burrow but theres no chance the Bengals let him go. Honestly if Lock can grow and make the right steps which I believe he will we have a Qb.
    Depends on where we finish. If we are in the top five I would do whatever I could to #1 for burrow. If we out of the top 5 I would stay put and draft bpa.

True, but what could they get for him?
    It was said teams offered a 2 and 5 for him.

Bengals are getting one heck of a quarterback. They sure chose the right season to suck. Seriously, is there anything this kid can't do on a football field? I don't know what's more impressive, the insane stats he's putting up or how easy he makes it all look. First he made Oklahoma look absolutely silly with 7 TDs in one freaking half and last night against the defending champions, Clemson and Trevor Lawrence, he showed that there's great college quarterbacks and then there's Joe Burrow.

I'm happy we have Lock but man, I'm also a little jealous. He's gonna be fun to watch!
    Adopted Poster
    AZ Snake Fan