Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 126

Thread: Joe Burrow

  1. #106
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    21,299
    Quote Originally Posted by CanDB;5869133[B
    ]I can see a few teams trying to trade with The Bengals to land Burrow. It would take a lot,[/B] that high up, and because Cinci needs a QB. But he looked so good, and this was my first viewing of the kid, for a championship. Great arm, vision, and ability to move.

    Not sure it's every kid's wish to end up with The Bengals these days. Seem to be a yearly mess of some sort.
    They were talking about this on the radio. They were discussing if he were worth four 1st round picks. There was an argument to be made that he was.

  2. #107
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Rainier, WA
    Posts
    3,358
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    i don't see it. he seems like the type of young man that would get drafted to terrible take as a challenge to rebuild that team.
    Good point. Burrow obviously rises to the occasion when challenged (just ask Clemson's D coordinator), but I think he might find he'll bite off more than he can chew trying to turn the Bengals around
    "There is no plan B. Plan A is to win the Super Bowl" - John Elway
    PLAN A ACCOMPLISHED 2/7/16!!!
    LSU 15-0 2019 BCS Champions...Geaux Tigers

  3. #108
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Rainier, WA
    Posts
    3,358
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    Especially since he'll be the hometown (or home state) hero.
    Another good point. Remember when Kosar went to the Browns?
    "There is no plan B. Plan A is to win the Super Bowl" - John Elway
    PLAN A ACCOMPLISHED 2/7/16!!!
    LSU 15-0 2019 BCS Champions...Geaux Tigers

  4. #109
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    14,052
    People don't like to look at current champions or performances and say they are better than those nostalgic days of the past, but Burrow and LSU are arguably the greatest college team ever, and Burrows season will go down as one of the best ever.

  5. #110
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    33,763
    Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    They were talking about this on the radio. They were discussing if he were worth four 1st round picks. There was an argument to be made that he was.
    Can't even imagine the trade value, he's that good!

    But because I am not as much a college follower as many here, I mentioned he may not want to go to Cinci, but at the time I did not even know he was from that state....so, odds are decent he'll be fine there. But as some say, as long as he does not try to be superman as part of the effort to win for his fellow Ohio residents.

  6. #111
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Rainier, WA
    Posts
    3,358
    Quote Originally Posted by johnlimburg View Post
    People don't like to look at current champions or performances and say they are better than those nostalgic days of the past, but Burrow and LSU are arguably the greatest college team ever, and Burrows season will go down as one of the best ever.
    I was looking at some of the stats Burrow put up this year which supports his place as the greatest college season a QB has ever put together. In NCAA rankings for the year he was:

    Pass Completions: #2
    Pass Attempts: #2
    Pass Completion %: #1
    Passing Yards: #1
    Adjusted Passing Yards per Attempt: #1
    Passing TD's: #1
    Passer Efficiency Rating: #1
    Total Plays: #1
    Total Yards: #1
    Total Yards per Play: #1
    TD's Responsible for: #1

    The categories where he wasn't #1 in the NCAA, he was #1 in the SEC. Add to that the awards: Heisman, Johnny Unitas Golden Arm, AP Player of the Year, SEC Offensive Player of the Year and 3 or 4 others I've never heard of. And if that's not enough, leading the Tigers to 15-0 and a national championship over defending champ Clemson. Wow, just Wow
    "There is no plan B. Plan A is to win the Super Bowl" - John Elway
    PLAN A ACCOMPLISHED 2/7/16!!!
    LSU 15-0 2019 BCS Champions...Geaux Tigers

  7. #112
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    21
    Charlotte just hired His coach Brady as offense coordinator I think Cam is traded and they are going after Joe Burrow

  8. #113
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    21,299
    Quote Originally Posted by BFFL71 View Post
    Charlotte just hired His coach Brady as offense coordinator I think Cam is traded and they are going after Joe Burrow
    Bengals won't trade away the 1st pick.

  9. #114
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by BFFL71 View Post
    Charlotte just hired His coach Brady as offense coordinator I think Cam is traded and they are going after Joe Burrow
    Depends on what they get in return....Tepper is aggressive owner!

  10. #115
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    FORT COLLINS COLORADO
    Posts
    8,134
    Quote Originally Posted by BFFL71 View Post
    Depends on what they get in return....Tepper is aggressive owner!
    Carolina would be stupid to trade 3 to 4 first round picks for burrow. They have to many holes on the team to do that.

    oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

  11. #116
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    the treasure valley, Idaho
    Posts
    16,264
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    Carolina would be stupid to trade 3 to 4 first round picks for burrow. They have to many holes on the team to do that.
    And Keuchly retired

  12. #117
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    FORT COLLINS COLORADO
    Posts
    8,134
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    And Keuchly retired
    Which is another hole. They need help about every where other then rb and wr. Maybe cb if they keep bradberry. But they need help all over

    oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

  13. #118
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    14,777
    Is Joe Burrow a truly generational QB, a once in a decade can't miss QB? Or is he a really really good college QB who just had an excellent season?

    I ask because I honestly don't know? From the games I've watched he looks impressive, his accuracy looks excellent, his mobility has been good, and he checks a lot of boxes.

    Quarterback is the most important position in the game, and I would trade up to get one, but I'm not sure that I would ever pay what it takes to get the number 1 overall pick. My biggest red flag with Burrow is that it's such a difference between last year and this year. I know they changed the offense, but the numbers are nowhere near the same, is his play sustainable at that level?

    As for a potential trade, Burrow is the home state kid, I doubt the Bengals will be willing to give up that pick. But the Rams paid the Titans their first (15), two seconds (43 and 45) and a third (76) plus their first and third round picks in 2017 for the first overall pick, a fourth and a sixth. Would any team give up two first, two seconds and two thirds for Joe Burrow? That's a pretty steep price.

  14. #119
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    14,777
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncosDivision View Post
    It was an impressive schedule no doubt, and I'm not taking away anything from it, I just hate when the media reports the teams they beat like this. Because it inflates teams that were over ranked. As an example Texas was a preseason 9 when LSU beat them, but they were an 8-5 team that finished 25th in one poll and unranked in the other. So they didn't really beat the 9th best team.

    But looking at the final rankings it's still impressive:
    Texas 25/NR
    Florida 6/7
    Auburn 14/14
    Alabama 8/8
    Georgia 4/4
    Oklahoma 7/6
    Clemson 2/2

  15. #120
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    FORT COLLINS COLORADO
    Posts
    8,134
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    Is Joe Burrow a truly generational QB, a once in a decade can't miss QB? Or is he a really really good college QB who just had an excellent season?

    I ask because I honestly don't know? From the games I've watched he looks impressive, his accuracy looks excellent, his mobility has been good, and he checks a lot of boxes.

    Quarterback is the most important position in the game, and I would trade up to get one, but I'm not sure that I would ever pay what it takes to get the number 1 overall pick. My biggest red flag with Burrow is that it's such a difference between last year and this year. I know they changed the offense, but the numbers are nowhere near the same, is his play sustainable at that level?

    As for a potential trade, Burrow is the home state kid, I doubt the Bengals will be willing to give up that pick. But the Rams paid the Titans their first (15), two seconds (43 and 45) and a third (76) plus their first and third round picks in 2017 for the first overall pick, a fourth and a sixth. Would any team give up two first, two seconds and two thirds for Joe Burrow? That's a pretty steep price.
    You would probably have to give more. And he looks really good he may be elite in the NFL. He definitely looks the part. I mean I feel burrow is better then Goff and your looking more at the Washington Redskins skins trade to get Robert griffin where they gave up the 6th and there second plus a first for the next 2 years. To get him I think the minimum you would get the Bengals to trade you that pick would be 3 first rounders.

    oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •