X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Montoya
    Bench Warmer
    • Aug 2012

This is the best QB class we have had in a long time. Long time.

Comment

• HDbroncos02
      Football Immortal
      • Sep 2012

At this point, what is there to lose... if Burrow was somehow available where we picked, I’d say take him and have him and Lock battle it out in TC and preseason.

Comment

• Butler By'Note
        Super Moderator
        • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
        Here we go go again with the talent crap. D jones and less talent than he did. Stop with this talent crap. As if Mizzou didn't play some gimme teams and beat up on them. No one says anything about the talent he had then. But when he played vs good comp he looked like an 8th grade qb. The thing is he didn't even look competitive in those games. Crazy.
        I swear that you're talking about Tua. Looks all world against everyone when he can just throw it up to his guy and his players can't out talent the opposition, but the second they played an equally talented defense that started running disguised coverages and he had no ability to decipher what he was seeing and looked like a JV QB.

Of course that goes for pretty much every college QB, very few look all world in every single game.

Comment

• Butler By'Note
          Super Moderator
          • Dec 2008

Originally posted by BroncosDivision View Post

Right off the bat, all fundamentals check out without any physical aspects of his game necessarily wowing you, but the thing that has impressed me the most is his pro-level ability to keep his eyes locked down the field and commit to his reads. He's way, way ahead of his class. Shotgun or under center, he's been doing it exceptionally well at LSU and pressure doesn't seem to faze him as much as I'd have thought. Seen some great improvisation out of the kid in 2019. I also freaking love his commitment to what he's being coached and consistently take what the defense is giving him. No less, no more. Reminds me of Tom Brady in that regard (hooray for hyperboles lol). It's really one of the greatest traits you can come by in a quarterback. Most try to do too much and end up abandoning their assignment as a result.

From what I've seen so far, and so far is key here, I'd be thrilled with either Joe Burrow, Tua Tagovailoa or Justin Fields (in no particular order but Joe deserved his own thread as well) if we do end up looking at a first round QB in 2020. All three have a ton of potential, imho.

Not disagreeing with your points or premise in anyway, I just find it funny that the very first thing you say is all the fundamentals check out, and then linked to a clip where he was not good fundamentally. Again not saying anything about Burrow, just find that ironically funny.

Comment

• BroncosDivision
            #27 | HOF | CLASS OF 2020
            • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
            Not disagreeing with your points or premise in anyway, I just find it funny that the very first thing you say is all the fundamentals check out, and then linked to a clip where he was not good fundamentally. Again not saying anything about Burrow, just find that ironically funny.
            Sure.

I specifically chose these two clips to outline two things, fundamentals not being one of them. The first clip is about improvisation when things don't go according to plan. The second clip is about character. The throw and completion was included to help create context to the second half of the clip.

It's not supposed to be a highlight reel.
            Adopted Poster
            AZ Snake Fan

Comment

• BroncosDivision
              • Sep 2009

What a phenomenal prospect this kid is. Thank freaking god Bill Belichick has no chance of ever drafting Joe Burrow or he'd be all over that. Literally the perfect guy for what he wants to do, and with the perfect mindset to boot. Good news for the rest of the league.

I could see him going back to his native Ohio and play for the Bengals, but seeing him in a Broncos uniform would be amazing. Yeah yeah, pipe dreams...
              Adopted Poster
              AZ Snake Fan

Comment

• BroncosDivision
                • Sep 2009

Here's a snippet from a recent Ringer article (published prior to the Bama game).

Burrow is considered a relatively quiet, occasionally quirky guy. But he’s beloved in the LSU locker room, largely because he plays with a competitiveness that borders on fanatical. As the story goes, when Texas fans blew a cannon through Burrow’s jersey before LSU faced off against UT in early September, the quarterback turned to his center and said he was throwing for 400 yards that night. He threw for 471—and four touchdowns—as LSU beat the Longhorns 45-38. Texas may not have a quality defense, but Florida and Auburn boast excellent units filled with NFL prospects, and he toppled both teams.
                Gotta love that!

Link: https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2019/1...t-stock-rising
                Adopted Poster
                AZ Snake Fan

Comment

• JvDub95
                  Football Immortal
                  • Jan 2005

I would slow any and all expectations of Denver landing this guy. If he declares he'll probably be the top pick. Tua will fall, not out of the 1st but he won't go top 5, imo. Denver, unless they sign a solid free agent LT, will have their eyes on the drafts best tackle prospect.

​​​​

Comment

• JvDub95
                    Football Immortal
                    • Jan 2005

Burrow, Herbert and Eason, imo, will be the top QBs drafted and probably in that order picks 1,2 and 3

​​​​

Comment

• ThreeGees
                      Starter
                      • Sep 2009

Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
                      Burrow, Herbert and Eason, imo, will be the top QBs drafted and probably in that order picks 1,2 and 3
                      What about Tua?

Comment

• JvDub95
                        Football Immortal
                        • Jan 2005

Originally posted by ThreeGees View Post
                        What about Tua?
                        2 posts up

​​​​

Comment

• Kyousukeneko
                          Football Immortal
                          • May 2010

Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
                          I would slow any and all expectations of Denver landing this guy. If he declares he'll probably be the top pick. Tua will fall, not out of the 1st but he won't go top 5, imo. Denver, unless they sign a solid free agent LT, will have their eyes on the drafts best tackle prospect.
                          burrows a red shirt senior no way he doesn't enter the draft this year.

also any one who think Eason will be a better QB then Tua is crazy
                          sigpic
                          oakland raders gm
                          latavis murray trade bait

Comment

• orange crush75
                            Captain
                            • Feb 2006

I think Burrow is the best Qb . I think those who sleep on Eason are crazy . I think hes the dark horse of the group and honestly I think he could go before Tua. I'm not that big on Tua tbo. I agree he will be a 1st round pick .

Comment

• Kyousukeneko
                              Football Immortal
                              • May 2010

Tua will interview the best of any qbs this year and his play has still been elite why would he drop. He looked decent playing at like 70% against lsu.

Eason really struggles when pressured and would be best served staying another year. He has had really good games and made nfl caliber throws. But he has had really bad games and really struggles under pressure. Those 2 things really get me pumping the breaks on him
                              sigpic
                              oakland raders gm
                              latavis murray trade bait

Comment

• JvDub95
                                Football Immortal
                                • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
                                burrows a red shirt senior no way he doesn't enter the draft this year.

also any one who think Eason will be a better QB then Tua is crazy
                                I thought he was a junior, so I guess he will enter. Crazy? Eason has all the "measurables" I guarantee he will go top 10.

​​​​

Comment

Working...
                                X