Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Joe Burrow

Joe Burrow

Right off the bat, all fundamentals check out without any physical aspects of his game necessarily wowing you, but the thing that has impressed me the most is his pro-level ability to keep his eyes locked down the field and commit to his reads. He's way, way ahead of his class. Shotgun or under center, he's been doing it exceptionally well at LSU and pressure doesn't seem to faze him as much as I'd have thought. Seen some great improvisation out of the kid in 2019. I also freaking love his commitment to what he's being coached and consistently take what the defense is giving him. No less, no more. Reminds me of Tom Brady in that regard (hooray for hyperboles lol). It's really one of the greatest traits you can come by in a quarterback. Most try to do too much and end up abandoning their assignment as a result.

From what I've seen so far, and so far is key here, I'd be thrilled with either Joe Burrow, Tua Tagovailoa or Justin Fields (in no particular order but Joe deserved his own thread as well) if we do end up looking at a first round QB in 2020. All three have a ton of potential, imho.

Adopted Poster
    AZ Snake Fan

Fields is a true sophomore so he won't be eligible for draft till 2021

Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    Fields is a true sophomore so he won't be eligible for draft till 2021
    Oh for sure. By 2020, I meant starting next year as I'm not sure what we end up doing. Depends on Lock and how the remaining games unfold.
    Adopted Poster
    AZ Snake Fan

But speaking of burrow I like him. I like him alot. He is definitely the favorite for the hiesman and playing in a pro offense. Him fromm or tua I feel would be a major upgrade to lock. Burrow I like his accuracy and his moxie alot. He has the it factor. I also feel like his arm checks off all the boxes as a thrower so ya I would love him in the top 5

He will be a 1st round pick. He is pretty good but not good enough to completely bail on Lock and spend a 1st rounder on him. Lock is more talented.

Quote Originally Posted by KWHIT97 View Post
    He will be a 1st round pick. He is pretty good but not good enough to completely bail on Lock and spend a 1st rounder on him. Lock is more talented.
    From a physical standpoint, I would agree with you.

But I need to see a lot more from Lock to be convinced that he's our man for the job. Joe Burrow is way ahead of Drew Lock in the mental game, it's literally day and night if you look at the tape. That's not a knock on Lock, as I'm hoping he can take that next step when he gets a chance, which hopefully is sooner rather than later.
    Adopted Poster
    AZ Snake Fan

Burrow looks great . Not taking anything away from him but doesnt he have way more talent around him then Lock ever did? Not saying he will be better or worse as NFL Qb then Lock but it's really hard to compare , however Burrow looks like he has the IT factor.

Quote Originally Posted by orange crush75 View Post
    Burrow looks great . Not taking anything away from him but doesnt he have way more talent around him then Lock ever did? Not saying he will be better or worse as NFL Qb then Lock but it's really hard to compare , however Burrow looks like he has the IT factor.
    Ild argue they have about the same line. Burrow and Lock both had a decent receiving corps but Burrow has had better RBs and a more serviceable TE as a safety blanket. In other words yes Lock seems to have had less around him.

This is the major reason coming into last season all eyes were on Lock who seemed to do well with less, where as Burrow is now just starting to get scouts to notice him
    Last edited by Joshecalpoly; 10-09-2019 at 04:21 PM.

Burrow is reading defenses well and he gets alot we will see if he gets more against florida. he needs to show against florida. he is also leading an nfl attack. he looks good doing it. he is an upgrade to lock in my oppinion which looked slow. he has never been more of an arm talent. burrow has a good enough arm but he is really smart and good at reading defenses.
    Last edited by Kyousukeneko; 10-11-2019 at 02:11 AM.

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    Burrow is reading defenses well and he gets alot we will see if he gets more against florida. he needs to show against florida. he is also leading an nfl attack. he looks good doing it. he is an upgrade to lock in my oppinion which looked slow. he has never been more of an arm talent. burrow has a good enough arm but he is really smart and good at reading defenses.
    I like Burrow as well but let's pump the brakes bro. Burrow has zero snaps in the NFL. We dont know what we have in Lock atm. Lock has made good steps in the right direction. Dont forget this LSU team has way more talent on it then Lock had .

I like Burrow as well but let's pump the brakes bro. Burrow has zero snaps in the NFL. We dont know what we have in Lock atm. Lock has made good steps in the right direction. Dont forget this LSU team has way more talent on it then Lock had .
    Here we go go again with the talent crap. D jones and less talent than he did. Stop with this talent crap. As if Mizzou didn't play some gimme teams and beat up on them. No one says anything about the talent he had then. But when he played vs good comp he looked like an 8th grade qb. The thing is he didn't even look competitive in those games. Crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
    Here we go go again with the talent crap. D jones and less talent than he did. Stop with this talent crap. As if Mizzou didn't play some gimme teams and beat up on them. No one says anything about the talent he had then. But when he played vs good comp he looked like an 8th grade qb. The thing is he didn't even look competitive in those games. Crazy.
    Your entitled to your opinion. Let's wait and see how a Qb looks once hes in the bigs . Take Andrew Luck , he was the cream of the crop . I wouldn't call his career bad but I thought he would accomplish more . One thing you cant deny is that some teams have more talent in College . That's just the truth .

Quote Originally Posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
    Come on man, weíve both used the talent argument to support Jackson over Mayfield. Jackson had his bad games in college as well against NC State and Clemson and some others as well.

Iíve said it before and Iíll say it again, we need to be looking for traits in these statistics, not just good stats. Lock has shown some of these traits, the coaches just have to coach him to do it consistently. I thought Jackson showcased those traits much more than Mayfield despite the low percentage numbers and thatís why I liked Jackson more coming out.

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    Come on man, we’ve both used the talent argument to support Jackson over Mayfield. Jackson had his bad games in college as well against NC State and Clemson and some others as well.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, we need to be looking for traits in these statistics, not just good stats. Lock has shown some of these traits, the coaches just have to coach him to do it consistently. I thought Jackson showcased those traits much more than Mayfield despite the low percentage numbers and that’s why I liked Jackson more coming out.
    I used Jackson low talent around him as to why to compare vs Baker...I didnt use his low talent to make excuses for why he is not ready to be a starter like many here are. I didnt say bc Lamar talent around him is the reason a team need to have the perfect oline and great wrs in order for him to succeed.

Yes had bad games vs the but he also had good games vs Clemson and flu among many others and you can argue that. Tell me one great game lock had vs top 15 opponent?

We agree on Baker lol. I called it and still am he won't live up to the hype.

lock showed nothing preseason, now he is on ir

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait