Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Joe Burrow

Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    Tua will interview the best of any qbs this year and his play has still been elite why would he drop. He looked decent playing at like 70% against lsu.

Eason really struggles when pressured and would be best served staying another year. He has had really good games and made nfl caliber throws. But he has had really bad games and really struggles under pressure. Those 2 things really get me pumping the breaks on him
    Yeah and Daniel Jones struggled on tape too didn't he. Scouts will put arm strength, height, weight, strength.....all that put together and some GMs will consider Eason a better prospect than Tua.

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    Yeah and Daniel Jones struggled on tape too didn't he. Scouts will put arm strength, height, weight, strength.....all that put together and some GMs will consider Eason a better prospect than Tua.
    I just don't see it tua tape from his starts vs eason is obviously better. Plus the not looking good against pressure should scare people off.

There is also two sides of it lick has all that but didn't look great and ended up in the second round. I could see eason going from top ten to the beginning of the second round. Depending on how he plays at the combined pro days and ect. I do feel like he would be best served by returning to school and refining his game more. He is a huge wild card in this draft.

I also expect tua to nail interveiws and ect which does matter Mayfield interveiws are a big reason he went first over all

The other thing I would say is Washington has some of the best talent in the pac 12 while Duke has some of the worst in the acc

Tua doesnt read the field as good as Eason and Tua might be brittle. I cant remember who it was but they called a game in Washington. They said that Eason can make all the throws, knows how to read the D .

Quote Originally Posted by orange crush75 View Post
    Tua doesnt read the field as good as Eason and Tua might be brittle. I cant remember who it was but they called a game in Washington. They said that Eason can make all the throws, knows how to read the D .
    now that i completely disagree with. Eason can make all the throws, but so can Tua. but saying Eason reads the field better then tua. may be true untill Eason is placed under pressure then he seems to panic and take huge risks. if he getting pressured he plays a bit scared of getting hit. drops back a bit further then he should. Eason's play under pressure really scares me to be honest. some games he can look great such as the byu game. but if he getting pressured regularly i worry about his ability to deliever a good throw while knowing his gonna get hit. in the nfl the pressure is more intense and he will need to improve there.

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Yes its totally different once you get into the NFL for sure . I really think Burrow is the best coming out . He checks all the boxes .

Yes its totally different once you get into the NFL for sure . I really think Burrow is the best coming out . He checks all the boxes .
    at this point i would be surprised if he doesn't go number 1 and if he doesn't he will go when ever the bengles pick.

it is after that that will be more interesting. herbert and Tua are probably the front runner for the second QB and Eason and Fromm should at least sneak into the end of the first round and there are a bunch of wild cards in this class.

right now i would be surprised if there are less then 5 QBs selected in the first round this year.

oakland raders gm

I like Burrow as well but let's pump the brakes bro. Burrow has zero snaps in the NFL. We dont know what we have in Lock atm. Lock has made good steps in the right direction. Dont forget this LSU team has way more talent on it then Lock had .
    what steps are those? He hasn't taken an NFL snap yet either...

Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    Tua will interview the best of any qbs this year and his play has still been elite why would he drop. He looked decent playing at like 70% against lsu.

Eason really struggles when pressured and would be best served staying another year. He has had really good games and made nfl caliber throws. But he has had really bad games and really struggles under pressure. Those 2 things really get me pumping the breaks on him
    Tua has already shown to be injury prone in college, what are the odds he'll suddenly become a player that stay healthy each week while taking an NFL pounding?

Tua will be a high pick, but I fully expect whichever team drafts him will be looking for their next franchise QB 2-3 years down the road. Aside from my beliefs on his abilities, I just don't think he'll be able to stay healthy enough to play 16 games per season in the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    Tua has already shown to be injury prone in college, what are the odds he'll suddenly become a player that stay healthy each week while taking an NFL pounding?

Tua will be a high pick, but I fully expect whichever team drafts him will be looking for their next franchise QB 2-3 years down the road. Aside from my beliefs on his abilities, I just don't think he'll be able to stay healthy enough to play 16 games per season in the NFL.
    i can already see that. he is also a tough, most people i feel wouldn't have play through the lsu injury. among a few other things. he will also get stronger in pros vs college. right now i feel we may want to fix the o-line then try to move towards getting the QB, once the o-line is fixed. now i am pretty high on Tua. there is no 100% predictor on anything, but i will cp bet Tua end up a top 5 and people seeing why there is a lot of Russell Wilson to Tua's game. i feel like Tua is a 6'1 Rusell wilson which i would love to have leading our team, but we need to be able to build in the trenches. lets try to fix our o-line before QB. only time can tell really.

oakland raders gm

I don't foresee us being in range to get Burrows. We'll have to give up a kings ransom to be top3. Do you think that Burrows is worth what it will take? Multiple 1sts and 2nds over the next couple years?

I absolutely love Burrow.

But it's not worth trading a king's ransom just to have him compete with Lock for a chance at starting.

I'd take this draft to really bolster positions of weakness and upgrade talent-wise all over the roster. Give Allen/Lock 2020 to figure things out. If Lock does well, great. If Lock underwhelms, then we draft a QB in 2021 (Lawrence/Fields) and have another competition that offseason, but this time, WITH much better talent and hopefully a much better offensive line then.
    2014 Adopt-A-Bronco: #43 T.J. WARD & #38 QUINTON CARTER
    2013 Adopt-A-Bronco: #25 CHRIS HARRIS

Quote Originally Posted by HDbroncos02 View Post
    I absolutely love Burrow.

But it's not worth trading a king's ransom just to have him compete with Lock for a chance at starting.

I'd take this draft to really bolster positions of weakness and upgrade talent-wise all over the roster. Give Allen/Lock 2020 to figure things out. If Lock does well, great. If Lock underwhelms, then we draft a QB in 2021 (Lawrence/Fields) and have another competition that offseason, but this time, WITH much better talent and hopefully a much better offensive line then.
    I was on the Lawrence bandwagon before he transferred and thought he was the guy. Though he is more preferable to me then Lock, Burrow has surprised me. I would not trade up for Burrow, but many think he doesnt have that good of an arm and thus he will drop after we get a closer look. If he drops it might not be bad to get him.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshecalpoly View Post
    I was on the Lawrence bandwagon before he transferred and thought he was the guy. Though he is more preferable to me then Lock, Burrow has surprised me. I would not trade up for Burrow, but many think he doesnt have that good of an arm and thus he will drop after we get a closer look. If he drops it might not be bad to get him.
    He isnt dropping . He will win the Heisman and be selected #1

He isnt dropping . He will win the Heisman and be selected #1
    I would say he deserves it most and personally I think he is the best QB. Though many scouts undercut his arm strength. I personally do not see how he could after the Alabama game results. If he did fall and win he would be the first QB to do so since Troy Smith whose size and loss in the championship game caused him to fall. However, sometimes players fall just because of athleticism

Just started watching some footage of a few players, and one of the games I watched was Burrows against Alabama. First thing which jumps off the screen to me, that offensive line is a quality unit, Burrows had so much time to throw, and those tackles have way more awareness then our rock for brains left tackle. The second thing, and it's hard to judge this without having anything other than broadcast angles to go off, Burrows holds the ball for way too long, and when it isn't there he prefers to run. The third thing that I noticed, Burrows is a play-maker, and for a quarterback, he is a "tough guy", he is not scared of contact. I am excited to watch some more of him.