Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: This OT Class

This OT Class

i wont have every one listed cause i know there people i don't know about, but this class looks strong

Andrew Thomas. i have seen a few GEorgia games and i have been watching this kid in most of them, maybe even a bit more then Fromm. this kid is ligit he is 6'6 325. moves like a 290 pound tackle we used to see in the shanahan system. he fits this system perfect. he is a mauler in the run game. dude is the highest rated Ot to come i can rememebr sense Tunsil easily. he probably would have been the first Linemen off in any of these last few drafts. i feel he probably would have gone higher then Nelson. not hat he is better then Nelson he is just an ELite LT vs Elite LG. even if the LG is basically the best LG to come into the league ever. a guy who is a Plug and Play at LT and has all the tools you'd ever want in size and movement skills. dude is a great LT prospect and should be hard for us to pass up. if lock shows up at all or elway trusts him and wants to give a year or something. this guy would be my top target in this draft. i feel like this kid will be a plug and play LT who will look good as he adjusts to the speed of the nfl. and move into ELite probably top 5. when i look at how this Kid plays i feel he is a young Tyron Smith. i see him as top 5 LT potential

Tristian Wirfs. this is more of projection of his tools. he has the size and length you want in a LT in the nfl. he is very strong. his athletic ability may not be a+ like Thomas but it is still like a B+ and good enough to survive as an elite LT. he has all the tolls you want for LT and has look good at Iowa. i feel he still need to develop a little but he has the tools and every thing you would want in LT in the nfl. he has legit upside and if we have some to develop him, which we do. he will end up as at least a vEry good LT that works his top 10 year, probably towards the back end.

Trey Adams III he has been injuries the last 2 years, but would have been the first OT off the board if he declared after his junior year. he doesn't seem to have lost any of his Skills. he has a great size at 6'7 330. he is a good not great athlete, but he is good enough to survive as a LT. he has the all the tools. is dealing with some rust this season. but if he stays healthy and drops to us in the second. may be hard to turn down for me at least. he is mainly droping due to 2 straight years of major injuries but he maybe he kicked it. ether way i feel if he can stay healthy he can be an LT in the nfl

i know there are a few other potential on the OT market, this year in the draft. i haven't looked into them as much

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Yea Iím big on Andrew Thomas. He might be a real safe pick.

Iím real wary on Trey Adams. Back injuries are rough and even if you think itís healed it doesnít ever really seem to go away and I canít imagine him having a long career being that size doing what he does.

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    Iím real wary on Trey Adams. Back injuries are rough and even if you think itís healed it doesnít ever really seem to go away and I canít imagine him having a long career being that size doing what he does.
    I agree too much of a risk. I think Bolles loses his starting job next year. We need a solid OL pick.

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    we can see with his type of talent though he could end up being starting LT in the league.

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Go with the safer pick, LT Andrew Thomas.
    Either move Bolles to G or make him swingT.

We need another RG because Leary's cap doesn't match is PT.
    Perhaps RG/T Jon Runyan from Michigan in the late third, early fourth?

FA McGovern could be pricey; however, his replacement could be found in R2.

Quote Originally Posted by mozzerpete View Post
    Go with the safer pick, LT Andrew Thomas.
    Either move Bolles to G or make him swingT.

We need another RG because Leary's cap doesn't match is PT.
    Perhaps RG/T Jon Runyan from Michigan in the late third, early fourth?

FA McGovern could be pricey; however, his replacement could be found in R2.
    I am not for sure we get andrew thomas. Like I said if we decide not to go qb and he is there he is my top rated player not a qb or chase young in this draft. So we may realistically need another top 5 for sure top 10. I also like wirfs a little later if we get a mid first rounder he may be the player. I don't know much about prince. But I have seen him in the first and a few others

I don't know about OC havent looked much into interior linemen.
    I do like the idea of drafting a new lt and moving bolles to Rg to replace Leary though

Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    I am not for sure we get andrew thomas. Like I said if we decide not to go qb and he is there he is my top rated player not a qb or chase young in this draft. So we may realistically need another top 5 for sure top 10. I also like wirfs a little later if we get a mid first rounder he may be the player. I don't know much about prince. But I have seen him in the first and a few others

I don't know about OC havent looked much into interior linemen.
    I do like the idea of drafting a new lt and moving bolles to Rg to replace Leary though
    For G Drew Richmond from USC is likely to fall into FA if not Brady Aiello from Oregon will (worst case scenario). Both can play RT and RG

C Tristen Hoge from BYU seems like he could be a cheap G/C

This draft seems to have a lot of nice potential interior zone lineman (many of whom are OT that can fit into our scheme). We wont likely need to waste a draft pick looking for replacements. Also, I haven't seen a pure C I think is worth drafting.
    Last edited by Joshecalpoly; 10-09-2019 at 03:53 PM.

What about Walker Little anyone seen much of him?

Quote Originally Posted by 15thebeast View Post
    What about Walker Little anyone seen much of him?
    Little had a knee injury that ended his season. He might not even come out this year and if he does it would be with a lot of scrutiny.

I believe we are sitting at 7th pick right now, no way Thomas drops past Washington

BCMB Div I - AB's Etsy Shop | BCMB FF Smackdown - Cold Feet

Quote Originally Posted by dipablo View Post
    I believe we are sitting at 7th pick right now, no way Thomas drops past Washington
    Precisely, Little has a season ending knee injury and may return because of it. Adams has a long history of major injuries. Wirfs says his first priority is his education and wants to graduate before he enters.

That leaves us with 2 potentially true LT Cosmi and Wanogho who are both raw. Wanogho has the highest upside of LT. Both will likely fall to the 2nd but we could use a pick to trade up to get them. It's not ideal but unfortunately it's the hand we seem to be dealt.
    Last edited by Joshecalpoly; 10-28-2019 at 04:19 PM.

Would our 1st and our best 3rd round pick be enough to move up one or two picks to get Andrew Thomas? Granted, trading up for an OT is not necessarily the sexiest thing to do but it's absolutely critical that we hit on an OT prospect to be a cornerstone for our rebuild.

I don't feel good about any other OT prospect in the draft besides Wirfs, and he may not even declare this year as the post above states.
    2014 Adopt-A-Bronco: #43 T.J. WARD & #38 QUINTON CARTER
    2013 Adopt-A-Bronco: #25 CHRIS HARRIS

I really try not to dwell on the past, as what's done is done, but when we traded down in the draft and passed on Devin Bush, and Andre Dillard was there at #20, I was praying we would take him. I live near Philadelphia and I have seen him play in place of the injured Jason Peters and he has played well, especially, last week against a good Bills defense. If we had taken him, it would have left us in a position to be flexible with our first round pick next year.

Elway's stubbornness, with refusing to admit he made a mistake with Bolles, resulted in us passing up a tackle who looks to be a very good, if not great, left tackle, for years to come. I understand GM's will make mistakes in drafting. What I can't stand is the mistake to stand by it, regardless of the detriment, rather than admit it and try to correct it.

Quote Originally Posted by HDbroncos02 View Post
    Would our 1st and our best 3rd round pick be enough to move up one or two picks to get Andrew Thomas? Granted, trading up for an OT is not necessarily the sexiest thing to do but it's absolutely critical that we hit on an OT prospect to be a cornerstone for our rebuild.

I don't feel good about any other OT prospect in the draft besides Wirfs, and he may not even declare this year as the post above states.
    The Redskins are likely to be #2 and that is there biggest need without any doubt. The only way we will get him is to trade up to #1 and I do not see that happening