Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Jack View Post
    Yeah, I get it.
    There was a couple 3rd and Longs, that I thought they would just throw the bomb, and then they would throw something that was just short of the first down for whatever reason?Blocking, pass rush, Etc. could have been the reason? And to fair catch the ball inside the 10-yard line on punt returns seems a little bit ridiculous, but that's not on the offensive coordinator.
    When we fair catched the ball on the 4-yard line and then Flacco did "a Flacco" I was getting kind of frustrated.
    What offensive line? I saw a lot of offense from Flacco and his backs, but without support up front. Have you ever seen a quarterback decide to run it himself and no one go with him? Only this year's Broncos.

It did seem odd that once we got up, it was like we abandoned the run game until the last minutes of the game. A couple of those 3-straight pass play 3 and Outs were driving me crazy, especially when PL was so effective. He had 15 attempts. Maybe stick with the run game and sprinkle a bit more royce freeman in there and wear them down.

Royce had 13 attempts... also averaging 4.7 yards a carry.

It just didn't really make sense that we seemed to abandon the run in the middle of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua2585 View Post
    It did seem odd that once we got up, it was like we abandoned the run game until the last minutes of the game. A couple of those 3-straight pass play 3 and Outs were driving me crazy, especially when PL was so effective. He had 15 attempts. Maybe stick with the run game and sprinkle a bit more royce freeman in there and wear them down.

Royce had 13 attempts... also averaging 4.7 yards a carry.

It just didn't really make sense that we seemed to abandon the run in the middle of the game.
    They seem to panic and start messing up everything whenever they get a lead. I guess it makes, this team hasnít lead much in any game the last couple years, so itís unfamiliar territory.

Hopefully they can get a few more wins and gain some confidence, then they can relearn how to keep a build on a lead.

Quote Originally Posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post
    I would like to understand why the Offensive Coordinator just cannot gameplan for the entire game? I see the first scripted 15 plays were working and led to 14-0 lead however after that it staggic and has been all year long? When it is 3rd and 6 the WR are trying to go 25 yards or further down the field? Where are the RB screens? Play Action Pass. 10 Yards Hooks Slants? Ect.....
    You game plan for what a defense is going to give you against certain looks. The first drive or two you can sometimes catch a team off balance and do something they weren't expecting. Like trapping on certain formations instead of pulling, breaking tendencies, etc.

However after that first drive or two the defense then makes adjustments to what you did to counteract that. Then you counter...then them. It's an endless chess match in terms of playcalling. You have to know if they do X, I do Y. But if they do this, we'll do that. It's not realistic to script more than the first drive or two.

I'm a high school offensive coordinator--nothing crazy. But ideally I pick my 3-4 formations that I want to see how they lineup against (and i'll get them all in on first drive) -- what techniques their lineman are in, what their safeties are doing, how many are in the box and then from there I call the game. I have a pre-set plan of what plays I want if they do this or that, etc.

I have a been a critic of the offens scheme and playcalling at times,

yes at times it seems like it clicks, others it doesn't

some of you make excellent points though...we are a very young offense....of the main offense, three Wrs are 2nd year, our two main backs are 2nd year, a rookie RG, a 3rd year C, Bolles for all his condemnation is only a 3rd year tackle who only played a single year in D1 football

and then we have a young OC trying to build an offensive playbook...not everything works, this isn't the 'waterboy " and he has a notebook of indefensible plays

some things work, some don't but at times we have seen some really innovative play design, some times its just a matter of execution that stops a great series
    all an all I think the biggest issue is the OLINE

they must get better, wilks issupposed to be just a backup not the starter...and leary is struggling with penalties but there is improvement each week

I think as the oline gels, the pass protection gets better and scrangrelo irons out his playbook the offense will improve

I understand that Denverís Offense is still trying to gel however it is now going into Week 5 and we are still seeing the same problems as in Week 1 and that is super inconsistent Offensive Play Calling. Take an example as in the Jacksonville Game. They had a 11 Minute Offensive Drive that damn well took up the entire 3rd Quarter what does Denver do? Go 3 and Out and Tire Out our own Defense. The same exact thing almost happened in yesterdayís game. Why did they abandoned the run game until the last few minutes of the 4th after it was working so Damn Good? Why not try some RB Screens some Slants when it is 3rd and 6 instead of 30 yard goes all I am asking is for consistency then entire game something that I have not yet seen.