Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    And, I would add, if the coaching staff believed AJ was on the verge... close... or would eventually be... a stud ILB, then I can understand their decision to ignore Bush and ILB in the first round.

Liking Johnson, wanting time add a young dynamic weapon for the offense, and getting ammo to possible target a QB in the second...

Well, Itís sound logic regardless of how it turns out.

Quote Originally Posted by fraguela09 View Post
    And, I would add, if the coaching staff believed AJ was on the verge... close... or would eventually be... a stud ILB, then I can understand their decision to ignore Bush and ILB in the first round.

Liking Johnson, wanting time add a young dynamic weapon for the offense, and getting ammo to possible target a QB in the second...

Well, Itís sound logic regardless of how it turns out.
    Everyone in the NFL is in the highest skill level of their respective position's. Seeing how our HC is of the defensive mind he had to of seen the potential in AJ. That's the 1st thing he does is evaluate his team and see what the strengths and weakness are and who fits where. I think we have a gem in Fangio on our team and our defense is going to stay filthy as long as we keep him on staff, imo

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    Everyone in the NFL is in the highest skill level of their respective position's. Seeing how our HC is of the defensive mind he had to of seen the potential in AJ. That's the 1st thing he does is evaluate his team and see what the strengths and weakness are and who fits where. I think we have a gem in Fangio on our team and our defense is going to stay filthy as long as we keep him on staff, imo
    Agreed, I was among those who thought ILB was a big need for us and was a bit dissapointed we traded out of getting Devin Bush, but in the end knowing Fangio and how much experience he has in running a defense, he simply knows the type of guy he needs at certain spots to be successful and if he knew AJ was only a couple games away from starting and being the type of player he needed at the spot.

It's the value of experience, and Fangio has a ton of that. I'm glad we've started to show what this defense can do, and just in time for a tough test against KC. If we win we are right in the thick of the division race.

This is what makes pro sports fun. The guy gets a shot and makes an immediate impact. He deserves to start and I hope he just gets better. Physically, the guy looks like a monster too. Hereís hoping we found the ILB weíve been waiting for.

Quote Originally Posted by RocketArm006 View Post
    This is what makes pro sports fun. The guy gets a shot and makes an immediate impact. He deserves to start and I hope he just gets better. Physically, the guy looks like a monster too. Here’s hoping we found the ILB we’ve been waiting for.

Totally Agree !!

Credit to Vance Joseph and Joe Woods for seeing potential in A.J. Johnson. Johnson made a handful of solid plays in the 2018 preseason and he remained with the Broncos.

Iím not sure the current coaching staff viewed him as a starter because they signed Corey Nelson for depth in early September. It seems as if Fangio saw the potential in Johnson however, Jewellís hamstring injury opened the door.

If I recall, Johnson was projected a 2nd round talent. Itís great to see his impact and Thursday night vs Chiefs will be a test. One of his weaknesses is the time to get to top speed in coverage. Will be interesting to see if he covers Kelce.
    Last edited by Fantaztic7; 10-14-2019 at 07:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Credit to Vance Joseph and Joe Woods for seeing potential in A.J. Johnson. Johnson made a handful of solid plays in the 2018 preseason and he remained with the Broncos.

Iím not sure the current coaching staff viewed him as a starter because they signed Corey Nelson for depth in early September. It seems as if Fangio saw the potential in Johnson however, Jewellís hamstring injury opened the door.

If I recall, Johnson was projected a 2nd round talent. Itís great to see his impact and Thursday night vs Chiefs will be a test. One of his weaknesses is the time to get to top speed in coverage. Will be interesting to see if he covers Kelce.
    Iím interested to see how/if he is used for TE coverage as well. He plays with a certain amount of tenacity, so it should be very interesting to see what he does in coverage.

Quote Originally Posted by RocketArm006 View Post
    I’m interested to see how/if he is used for TE coverage as well. He plays with a certain amount of tenacity, so it should be very interesting to see what he does in coverage.
    This will be his biggest test yet. He did well against coverage on Delanie Walker, who is no joke, but Walker is not Travis Kelce. It can be done, just hope he knows what he's up against.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    This will be his biggest test yet. He did well against coverage on Delanie Walker, who is no joke, but Walker is not Travis Kelce. It can be done, just hope he knows what he's up against.
    It wonít only be Johnson on him but Simmons and Jackson as well. Johnson is a very mature player whoíll be 28 in December.

This will be very interesting matchup to see but Iím just hoping Scangarello opens up his playbook and runs right at KCs interior in order to control the clock and help the defense.

The Broncos needed some bulk and they got it in Purcel and Johnson, hopefully itís not wasted!
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 10-14-2019 at 08:53 PM.

Red 98

The early bird may get the worm, but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese

We signed AJ in Aug of 2018. He had legal issues but once he was found innocent at trial apparently a lot of teams went after him and he chose the Broncos. He had not played football in a long time before playing with us (see article below)

In 2018 he was credited for 13 ST snaps and 0 Defensive Snaps.

Watching Vic's pressers it seems the coaching staff this year has been working on AJ because he has some bad habits they been trying to coach out of him. Probably why he saw 0 Defensive snaps in 2018

Here is an article I found

https://247sports.com/nfl/denver-bro...cos-120863373/

2018 Snap Count

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...nap-counts.htm

The Vic pressers are all on Denverbroncos.com
    All I want for Christmas is a Bronco QB controversy

Quote Originally Posted by dizzolve View Post
    Totally Epic !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dizzolve View Post
    LOL. Now we have a T-Rex on D and a Taz on O.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    It won’t only be Johnson on him but Simmons and Jackson as well. Johnson is a very mature player who’ll be 28 in December.

This will be very interesting matchup to see but I’m just hoping Scangarello opens up his playbook and runs right at KCs interior in order to control the clock and help the defense.

The Broncos needed some bulk and they got it in Purcel and Johnson, hopefully it’s not wasted!
    I am truly excited to see Jackson and Simmons working against Kelce. These two are really starting to play well with each other.
    Side note- Jackson has shown to be a willing tackler that I wasn't necessarily expecting.

Another article posted on Yahoo about Johnson

https://sports.yahoo.com/broncos-lb-...6584--nfl.html
    All I want for Christmas is a Bronco QB controversy