Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Linebacker AJ Johnson

I think Denver just found it’s new and improved Linebacker ! AJ Johnson just balled out and if you ask me he should be starting from this point on same goes for Mike Purcell.

How good is it playing young players, you never know what you might find. Obviously crowning Johnson and Purcell as anything after one game is silly, but man did they have a nice first showing. I would love to see tired veterans on this team get benched for younger guys to see what we have, and not just at the quarterback position either. Why ? Because you might find a long-term answer in someone like Johnson or Purcell, like we did with Trevathan, and Jackson in the past. Youth movement is the way to go. I rekon add Purcell to that thread title, he was stout today.

Dude can play.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Last year, posters here were arguing with me, they were saying Johnson wouldn’t even make the team..... haha

Glad he had a good game, hopefully he keeps it up, we desperately need at ILB

You can tell he's in game shape now compared to last year and understands the defense. Guy was all over the field today.

Malik Reed was a huge bright spot as well. Kid is extremely fast and I know I keep saying it but dang he looks so much like Dumervil to me.

DeMarcus Walker made some plays and Dremonte Jones added pressure. I don’t want to speak too soon but it looks as if this defense just may be coming together.

They’re playing in a complicated scheme but they’re finally getting it, at least it seems that way.

I know it was just one game, but if they could actually fill 2 of the biggest holes on the team with players already on the roster, well... that would be something special

Quote Originally Posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
    Last year, posters here were arguing with me, they were saying Johnson wouldn’t even make the team..... haha

Glad he had a good game, hopefully he keeps it up, we desperately need at ILB
    Johnson was a very good prospect coming out of Tennessee. He might have projected as a 2nd round pick. He ran into legal issues and took a while to be exonerated. The guy survived doing MMA before getting a chance with the Broncos last season. I remember the people saying he had zero chance to make the team. He played hard on Special Teams and worked hard. I cannot recall exactly what held him back from being projected as a 1st round talent - running style with a long stride was reported as a weakness for closing speed IIRC. Anyway, I loved the effort he put on the field today. This roster needs guys like him - guys who leave everything on the field.
    Last edited by Fantaztic7; 10-06-2019 at 09:57 PM.

It was very encouraging to see a depth player getting a lot of playing time and playing so well. He got an opportunity and capitalized on it for sure. I hope he keeps it up. We can use some spark at ILB.

Two huge redzone plays. Broncos don't win this game without him.

I was actually very impressed by what I saw last night. He looked so hungry and aggressive out there.. love it!

Dude can play and I hope he keeps it up!
    Adopted Poster
    AZ Snake Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Wow, he looks like a monster in that picture!!

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

I like Josey Jewell but imo AJ Johnson just took his job. Johnson showed he can make plays . Purcell was a bright spot as well.

Quote Originally Posted by orange crush75 View Post
    I like Josey Jewell but imo AJ Johnson just took his job. Johnson showed he can make plays . Purcell was a bright spot as well.
    I doubt it, we need 2 ILBs and I think the pair makes for a nice combo. Most good defensive units utilize 2 good LBs

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco