Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac View Post
    Not that bush isnít playing awesome,,but with AJ playing like he is... Risner being a stud, Fant flashing his potential...and Luck waiting to be judged.... I am liking how things played out for us right now... we have some young players to build around..
    Something you want to share?

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Something you want to share?
    Lol, auto correct really made that post speculative....

Lock....it’s lock.....
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

Lol, auto correct really made that post speculative....

Lock....it’s lock.....
    Lol.....

Only 29 teams to go and everyone will have Allen at QB. Josh Allen, Kyle Allen and Brandon Allen taking over.

Not that bush isn’t playing awesome,,but with AJ playing like he is... Risner being a stud, Fant flashing his potential...and Luck waiting to be judged.... I am liking how things played out for us right now... we have some young players to build around..
    Good to see fans that see the good!!!

FWIW...
    After an October in which he racked up 28 total tackles, 1.5 sacks, three passes defensed, one interception and one forced fumble in four games, linebacker Alexander Johnson has been named Pro Football Focus' AFC Defensive Player of the Month.
    I am not a big fan of PFF's grading but they are a source that does grade NFL players relatively. PFF has given him the highest grade of ANY defender in the AFC, hasn't missed a tackle, has a 92.4 overall defensive grade out of 100, currently ranks as the league's top linebacker, rated Johnson as a well-rounded linebacker with few weaknesses — his grades in coverage (91.1), run defense (91.0) and tackling (82.5) rank first, first, second and 12th among linebackers as the Broncos head into the bye week.
    And the Broncos didn't even use a high draft pick... or a draft pick at all!
    Last edited by brianmcfarlane; 11-06-2019 at 08:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
    FWIW...
    After an October in which he racked up 28 total tackles, 1.5 sacks, three passes defensed, one interception and one forced fumble in four games, linebacker Alexander Johnson has been named Pro Football Focus' AFC Defensive Player of the Month.
    I am not a big fan of PFF's grading but they are a source that does grade NFL players relatively. PFF has given him the highest grade of ANY defender in the AFC, hasn't missed a tackle, has a 92.4 overall defensive grade out of 100, currently ranks as the league's top linebacker, rated Johnson as a well-rounded linebacker with few weaknesses — his grades in coverage (91.1), run defense (91.0) and tackling (82.5) rank first, first, second and 12th among linebackers as the Broncos head into the bye week.
    And the Broncos didn't even use a high draft pick... or a draft pick at all!
    From an article I read he had a lot of teams to choose from once his issues were behind him.

He picks the Orange and Blue and I am happy for it
    All I want for Christmas is a Bronco QB controversy

Not that bush isnít playing awesome,,but with AJ playing like he is... Risner being a stud, Fant flashing his potential...and Luck waiting to be judged.... I am liking how things played out for us right now... we have some young players to build around..
    Add Lindsay, Jano....hopefully some of the guys who been playing well the recently keep their projected path like Walker and 27 Harris....we may be about to witness the verge of a turn around here.

Simmons has been good since last coaching staff imo but this year he seems to be taking his game to another level.

Quote Originally Posted by Hadez View Post
    From an article I read he had a lot of teams to choose from once his issues were behind him.

He picks the Orange and Blue and I am happy for it
    it is probably due to the fact he Idolized Al Wilson. and wilson went from TEn to here so maybe he wanted to make the same jump. plus he has a really good relationship with Al.

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    it is probably due to the fact he Idolized Al Wilson. and wilson went from TEn to here so maybe he wanted to make the same jump. plus he has a really good relationship with Al.
    He does kinda remind me of Al in how he brings aggression play in and play out.

Quote Originally Posted by Hadez View Post
    He does kinda remind me of Al in how he brings aggression play in and play out.
    https://www.denverbroncos.com/news/h...on-sees-potent

i don't know if this has been posted but there he talks about trying to model his game after Wilson. and Wilson has taken up a mentor ship role for him sense college. so that connection is why he probably ended up here.

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Credit to Vance Joseph and Joe Woods for seeing potential in A.J. Johnson. Johnson made a handful of solid plays in the 2018 preseason and he remained with the Broncos.
    A point that goes missing is that often times later round picks, undrafted free agents, and guys like Johnson, they are vouched for and found by position coaches and area scouts, not the General Manager. In the grand scheme of things the General Manager has too much to be worried about to be focusing on small time players out of mid level mid-west schools like Kansas.

Often Elway has gotten credit for "finding" guys like Chris Harris, Malik Jackson, and Danny Trevethan, but I think later round guys and undrafted players like this are more so the product of hard working area scouts and position coaches who locate them, and then develop them. I tend to think a General Manager should be graded on the first 3 rounds of the draft, and what they do in free agency, and I guarantee Joseph, or Woods, or a linebacker coach, or an area scout was the one too recommend bringing in Johnson, and credit to this coaching staff for playing him.

Quote Originally Posted by johnlimburg View Post
    A point that goes missing is that often times later round picks, undrafted free agents, and guys like Johnson, they are vouched for and found by position coaches and area scouts, not the General Manager. In the grand scheme of things the General Manager has too much to be worried about to be focusing on small time players out of mid level mid-west schools like Kansas.

Often Elway has gotten credit for "finding" guys like Chris Harris, Malik Jackson, and Danny Trevethan, but I think later round guys and undrafted players like this are more so the product of hard working area scouts and position coaches who locate them, and then develop them. I tend to think a General Manager should be graded on the first 3 rounds of the draft, and what they do in free agency, and I guarantee Joseph, or Woods, or a linebacker coach, or an area scout was the one too recommend bringing in Johnson, and credit to this coaching staff for playing him.
    Great perspective. Itís amazing to see the difference in the defense since he started playing. It will be interesting to see the impact of Fangio on Johnsonís play as time goes on.

Quote Originally Posted by johnlimburg View Post

Lots of postulating done here. To assume that Elway has nothing to do with his late hits and UDFA is ridiculous.

I guess if you're going to assume that, can we place the blame on McCoy for banging the table for Bolles or Kollar doing the same for Gotsis? Or were these strictly Elway decisions in your eyes because they were early picks.

A gm should be graded on the whole building of a team. Sure, area scouts help and do the dirty work but thinking a gm should be judged on the first 3 rounds of the draft is one of the most absurd things I've seen posted on these boards.

I'm sure Elway signs off on every move and I'm sure he had a hand in signing players like Johnson, CHJ, Travathan, Jackson, etc.
    Last edited by JW7; 11-06-2019 at 06:03 PM.

Pro Football Focus on Friday named Johnson its AFC defensive player of the month for October. Johnson received a 91.9 grade by PFF — the second highest among linebackers behind Vikings’ Eric Kendricks, the NFC defensive player of the month.
    https://www.denverpost.com/2019/11/0...october-honor/

WoW !! I totally got the Al Wilson vibe when I was watching him playing however I never knew that Al is his Mentor !! Al Wilson was Awesome and so far AJ is Awesome !!