Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    IDK man, that goal line stop he had looked good and showed good speed there
    It was good enough, but he made a great read and took a great angle. It could just be his strides that make him look slower than he is though. The LBs came to play all in all, LA wanted a foot race to the flats between Ekeler and any LB on our team but they did a great job of getting out there all game and limiting him. The INT he had was beautiful and he shouldíve had another one. Thatís a huge plus because it tells me he put in a lot of work in the film room which can make up for almost athletic limitations.

Hell Yiadom even made a great play to force Ekeler to take a wider angle to the goal line which allowed Jackson to get over there to make the play. He was more physical in coverage which resulted in penalties but itís better than being as far away from the receivers as he was the first few weeks. I think the defense as a whole was a lot more prepared than Iíve seen them in awhile. Idk if thatís because of how the Jags beat us and that was the wake up call or if itís because everyone wants to make up for Chubb going down, or if a light just went off for them and they get it now. But I was very impressed with them this game, there were a lot more blitzes too which LA probably wasnít expecting.

Iím loving the fact that Fangio has named both Johnson and Purcel the starters.

I heard from a source that Bill Kollar was very upset with the idea of Adam Gotsis being benched.

Lol who knows what the trip is there but Iím glad Fangio made the executive decision to get the better players on the field!

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post

I heard from a source that Bill Kollar was very upset with the idea of Adam Gotsis being benched.

Lol who knows what the trip is there but Iím glad Fangio made the executive decision to get the better players on the field!
    Gotsis was one of the guys Kollar pushed to draft. I wouldn't be surprised if he saw him as his own personal project.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    Gotsis was one of the guys Kollar pushed to draft. I wouldn't be surprised if he saw him as his own personal project.
    That same source told me that Kollar actually threatened to retire If Gotsis wasnít drafted.

Now that threat is coming back to haunt Kollar Iím hearing. Iím not going to say that heís lost any credibility But Gotsis hasnít done him any favors with his lack of production.

There has been a lot of busted draft selections but no one else has threatened with retirement. At least I havenít heard of any.

Anyway I guess that is why Kollar wants Gotsis on the field, to justify the selection.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post

Not surprised he got benched but I was surprised he was inactive. I didnít think he was a huge problem, just that Harris isnít a NT. Correct me if Iím wrong but Purcell started at NT and Harris slid over right?

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    Not surprised he got benched but I was surprised he was inactive. I didnít think he was a huge problem, just that Harris isnít a NT. Correct me if Iím wrong but Purcell started at NT and Harris slid over right?
    Yep, Harris just isnt built for NT position.

Not surprised he got benched but I was surprised he was inactive. I didn’t think he was a huge problem, just that Harris isn’t a NT. Correct me if I’m wrong but Purcell started at NT and Harris slid over right?
    he didn't get benched for production or lack...he got benched so we could play a 330 Purcell at NT, and that moved Harris to the DE spot where he plays better at, to fix the run defense Fangio stated they were only dressing 5 Dline, and wanted walker and dremont in for the pass rush so that made gotsis a scratch...from what I read purely a move to shore up the run defense

Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    he didn't get benched for production or lack...he got benched so we could play a 330 Purcell at NT, and that moved Harris to the DE spot where he plays better at, to fix the run defense Fangio stated they were only dressing 5 Dline, and wanted walker and dremont in for the pass rush so that made gotsis a scratch...from what I read purely a move to shore up the run defense
    I think Purcell was definitely brought in to help the run defense after the Jaguars game, but I think there was a message sent to Gotsis on this one. If you are trying to sure up the run defense, do you go into a game with only 5 active defensive lineman, 2 of who are pushing 280 pounds and known as pass rushing prospects who need work on their run defense ? Gotsis was just informed, if you continue to play soft, you wont play.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    This man looks bad ass............and he knows it :-)

Yes! 10char....

I doubt it, we need 2 ILBs and I think the pair makes for a nice combo. Most good defensive units utilize 2 good LBs
    Quote Originally Posted by orange crush75 View Post
    I like Josey Jewell but imo AJ Johnson just took his job. Johnson showed he can make plays . Purcell was a bright spot as well.
    What have you seen which indicates that Jewel is "good"?

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_C View Post
    What have you seen which indicates that Jewel is "good"?
    He's good against the run, is it coincidence the game after he gets hurt our D gives up a 200 yard rusher? 14 tackles in the opener was pretty impressive....I thought

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

He's good against the run, is it coincidence the game after he gets hurt our D gives up a 200 yard rusher? 14 tackles in the opener was pretty impressive....I thought
    Jewel was healthy and played last season when the Jets rushed for 323 yards.

As for the game vs Jaguars, I believe the NFL confirmed Von was held on Fournetteís 81 yard run. Obviously there were other issues with poor tackling,

Considering the man is 255 pounds I wouldnít say heís slow.

I have gone looking (cannot find the stat) - Yards after 1st contact by a LB. I've seen multiple plays where Jewel hits a guy, DOESNT tackle him then adjusts in motion and brings him down 2-3 yards PAST where he made initial contact. These types of comments truly pain me because by all accounts this guy (Jewel) is as stand-up as they make 'em. Let me put this another way....I can tackle a TON of guys but if I let them get 4-5 yards on every play I tackle them on does it really matter? 2-3 plays run against me and its a 1st down all day, all game long. These types of stats we are seeing now "Next Gen" and "PFF" etc. they all exist because of skewed stats and head scratchers at the end of the season from guys who look great on paper with traditional stats but when you actually watch their game tape - have you yelling at them.