Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

So......How Did Phillip Lindsay Go Undrafted (Again)??

Whatever I read in fantasy said, do not start Phillip Lindsay against The Chargers. Some said "bust"!

I had to miss some of the game, but from what I can tell, he had another solid game, including a big run late to seal it.

I am sure this is old news, and the fact he was smallish, and maybe it was where he played, but this is one of the best "undrafted" players I've seen in a while. Not too many backs step in and literally take over, like he has.

We are no strangers to quality "undrafted" players for sure. But this guy was a steal!! In fact, in my opinion, in terms of team value this is the #1 player NOT to lose (not like we're trading him). And as much as I still luv Von, we don't win many games this season without Lindsay. It's almost a guarantee.

I have been critical of Elway and the brass of late, but they have found a few gems along the way. I appreciate that. This smallish, local dude has been a SIGNIFICANT value add!!!

Yeah- It was just about his size and concerns of him holding up, which remains to be seen... but the dude is explosive and SO fun to watch every time he touches the ball.

His size is the only thing. He didnít get an invitation to the combine because of his size and same with the draft. Kid was a good college player and has always played with a lot of heart. It was all due to his size, IMO. We ended up with him, so Iím definitely grateful for that. Heís my favorite player right now, for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    Whatever I read in fantasy said, do not start Phillip Lindsay against The Chargers. Some said "bust"!

I had to miss some of the game, but from what I can tell, he had another solid game, including a big run late to seal it.

I am sure this is old news, and the fact he was smallish, and maybe it was where he played, but this is one of the best "undrafted" players I've seen in a while. Not too many backs step in and literally take over, like he has.

We are no strangers to quality "undrafted" players for sure. But this guy was a steal!! In fact, in my opinion, in terms of team value this is the #1 player NOT to lose (not like we're trading him). And as much as I still luv Von, we don't win many games this season without Lindsay. It's almost a guarantee.

I have been critical of Elway and the brass of late, but they have found a few gems along the way. I appreciate that. This smallish, local dude has been a SIGNIFICANT value add!!!

Elway gets zero credit for Lindsay. He only signed with the Broncos because he grew up a fan of the team and his family encouraged it. He came very close to signing with someone else when the Broncos couldnít even be bothered to draft him with a late rounder. He was straight up offended by that. Elway got lucky.

Lindsey amazes me more than he doesn't. He might be the fastest guy in the nfl to get to top speed. 0-60 in .0000001 seconds. Speed kills

But he's more than just a fast and quick player. He's a spark plug. He can change momentum. He's tough. I can't say enough great things about him.

He's no Christian McCaffrey but thank god we got the lil guy
    Red 98

The early bird may get the worm, but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese

Imagine if we'd drafted Chris Carson instead of De'Angelo Henderson also... There's a change of pace for ya. See how Patrick Mahomes likes having the ball for 10 minutes the entire game.

Who the heck has called him a bust Can? You literally cannot call an undrafted player a bust.

Itís the most oxymoron thing In the NFl. Not saying you havenít heard it somewhere. Just not sure why anyone would use that term.

I personally love him. Heís capable of being a workhorse even if the broncos are afraid to make him one.

Someone pointed out that Lindsay had the best average time, for the untouched time between handoff and initial contact, while Freeman had the best "after contact" results. Can't remember where I read it (on this board), and probably not 100% accurate anymore, but that's a very nice tandem to have, in a very young backfield...of running backs that is.

So Lindsay seems to find lots of space early (combo of vision, quickness, speed, etc.), whereas Freeman can really extend plays.
    Last edited by CanDB; 10-07-2019 at 10:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Who the heck has called him a bust Can? You literally cannot call an undrafted player a bust.

It’s the most oxymoron thing In the NFl. Not saying you haven’t heard it somewhere. Just not sure why anyone would use that term.

I personally love him. He’s capable of being a workhorse even if the broncos are afraid to make him one.
    No no DB....I meant that he was described as a "bust" in fantasy for yesterday's game. That game label happens for good players from time to time (as in poor matchup). But they were clearly wrong in that prediction. My point was, even when he is predicted by some to have an off game, he in fact, had a good game.

Quote Originally Posted by Spice 1 View Post
    Imagine if we'd drafted Chris Carson instead of De'Angelo Henderson also... There's a change of pace for ya. See how Patrick Mahomes likes having the ball for 10 minutes the entire game.
    Absolutely!! Chris Carson plays the way we were hoping Royce would.

5'8 190 (pre-season weight, I wouldn't be surprised if he loses 5-10lbs during the season)

If you add 4 inches and 20-30 lbs to the guy, while keeping everything else constant, he probably would have been a 1st rounder.

The NFL is always evolving, we saw some smallish backs get drafted in this last draft, like Darrell Henderson in the 3rd, they can thank Philip Lindsay. Unfortunately for Lindsay, he had to be a trendsetter, as before guys his size were usually undrafted.

There are plenty of examples, TJ Hockenson was drafted early in the first, rare for a TE, but after teams saw how Gronk and Travis Kelce could change games, suddenly TEs are more valuable.

Kyler Murray and Baker Mayfield can both thank Russel Wilson for being drafted first overall, 10 years ago (before Wilson) theyíre probably 4th round or later picks.

Fantasy is crazy

Hard to know exactly when one team will put things together...or another team may have a bad game.

I know Jano was back the previous week but imo this was the first week I really noticed Jano clearing a path like he did last year on a regular basis.
    All I want for Christmas is a Bronco QB controversy

This dude is amazing. His height kept him off of many team's radar, including the Broncos. I remember hearing daily reports from his first camp, where he was the talk of camp. I think we have to find ways to get him the ball more. He seems to be making the best of his opportunities that are called and his speed is opening things up for him. We have to do a better job in throwing him screens and quick outs. The play when he motioned in from WR, faked the block and then caught a swing pass was the perfect play call, but we only have one or two of those a game for Lindsay. The kid is so explosive, we've got to find more ways to put him in one on one situations.

No no DB....I meant that he was described as a "bust" in fantasy for yesterday's game. That game label happens for good players from time to time (as in poor matchup). But they were clearly wrong in that prediction. My point was, even when he is predicted by some to have an off game, he in fact, had a good game.
    Oh my bad. Iím at Disney world with the kids so I missed the game other than highlights. And didnít read much of the boards for the past few days. So your comment went over my head clearly.