Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 25
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Left of Colorado
    Posts
    906

    Bronco Offense. What's Going On?

    I'm a weak arm chair QB but to me, a few (negative?) aspects seem to be obvious with our offense.

    Passing game, Flacco is spending too much time in the pocket. Why?

    1) He's not effectively spotting open receivers / backs?
    2) Receivers / backs not getting open due to them not out smarting the defensive coverage?
    3) Weak / poorly conceived play call, lack of imagination?
    4) It's a no brainer, all of the above?

    Running game, too many plays straight up the middle. Why?

    1) It's seems like most rushing plays are left or right of the center. Yes, no, maybe?
    2) Is our offensive line not capable of consistent effective blocking to create quality gaps?
    3) Weak / poorly conceived play call, lack of imagination?
    4) It's a no brainer, all of the above?

    Puzzling!
    Utah Bronco Freak

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    where the hills touch heaven
    Posts
    15,842
    You ever stop to think that we have an entirely new offensive scheme being designed and implemented

    Our OC is a rookie and is getting the kinks out, what he likes, what he doesnít on the fly

    On top of the new OC and new playbook and scheme we have a new QB

    A new RT
    New center
    New rookie LG
    RG coming off IR
    And Sutton, Hamilton, Lindsey, freeman are young second year players learning their second offense in as many years and Fant is a rookie

    And they as a group only played 22 snaps in preseason

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    5,422
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzbodog View Post
    Puzzling!
    Not really...
    Last edited by TommyBrady12; 10-12-2019 at 03:52 PM.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 5280
    Posts
    13,250
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzbodog View Post
    I'm a weak arm chair QB but to me, a few (negative?) aspects seem to be obvious with our offense.

    Passing game, Flacco is spending too much time in the pocket. Why?

    1) He's not effectively spotting open receivers / backs?
    2) Receivers / backs not getting open due to them not out smarting the defensive coverage?
    3) Weak / poorly conceived play call, lack of imagination?
    4) It's a no brainer, all of the above?

    Running game, too many plays straight up the middle. Why?

    1) It's seems like most rushing plays are left or right of the center. Yes, no, maybe?
    2) Is our offensive line not capable of consistent effective blocking to create quality gaps?
    3) Weak / poorly conceived play call, lack of imagination?
    4) It's a no brainer, all of the above?

    Puzzling!
    Joe Flacco and Emmanuel Sanders should both be on the same page by now, theyíve both worked in this system before. The 2015 broncos picked up a very similar system fairly quickly.

    Perhaps this team isnít picking it up as quickly is due to the way it is being distributed to them.

    I remember hearing a story once where Bill Parcells was basically crapping all over a certain player on the New York Giants squad, when Bill Belichick stepped in and said ďthatís enough bill. He is one of the smartest players on our team and if he is not picking it up, it is because you havenít found a better way explain it to himĒ.

    I think that may be what is happening with this Broncos or hence they may need to change formulas if these guys donít start clicking soon.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    29,877
    Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    You ever stop to think that we have an entirely new offensive scheme being designed and implemented

    Our OC is a rookie and is getting the kinks out, what he likes, what he doesn’t on the fly

    On top of the new OC and new playbook and scheme we have a new QB

    A new RT
    New center
    New rookie LG
    RG coming off IR
    And Sutton, Hamilton, Lindsey, freeman are young second year players learning their second offense in as many years and Fant is a rookie

    And they as a group only played 22 snaps in preseason
    look at all those dumb excuses

    you ever stop to think about all the garbage QB's that have came and gone since manning retied might have something to do with it?

    no because you have defended every single one and have made these same type of excuses. rather than man up and admit they are not playing good you always go with these lame ass excuses, it's the same thing every single year.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    29,877
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyBrady12 View Post
    Not really...
    exactly.....the broncos offense is about what most people thought it would be. the defense (up until the performance against my team) was the puzzling part.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,934
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    look at all those dumb excuses

    you ever stop to think about all the garbage QB's that have came and gone since manning retied might have something to do with it?

    no because you have defended every single one and have made these same type of excuses. rather than man up and admit they are not playing good you always go with these lame ass excuses, it's the same thing every single year.
    That's rich coming from a Rivers fan. Your fan base so fiercely defended him from being labeled a poor sport, it has created unbelievable blinders on you guys.

    You can ask just about any Chargers fan their top 5 favorite Chargers of all time and you can bet Rivers is on that list.

    The fan bases favorite player has choked away the best opportunities that team has prob ever had.....time and time again. It's very rare a Rivers led teams beat a good QB, yet you guys still think he's got the potential of 12 years ago. Talk about excuse making.

    BTW isn't Rivers due for a new contract lol? I'm sure the team will reward him handsomely and the fan base will pretend it's 2006 all over again.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    29,877
    Quote Originally Posted by atwaterandstir View Post
    That's rich coming from a Rivers fan. Your fan base so fiercely defended him from being labeled a poor sport, it has created unbelievable blinders on you guys.

    You can ask just about any Chargers fan their top 5 favorite Chargers of all time and you can bet Rivers is on that list.

    The fan bases favorite player has choked away the best opportunities that team has prob ever had.....time and time again. It's very rare a Rivers led teams beat a good QB, yet you guys still think he's got the potential of 12 years ago. Talk about excuse making.

    BTW isn't Rivers due for a new contract lol? I'm sure the team will reward him handsomely and the fan base will pretend it's 2006 all over again.
    of course he's a top 5 chargers player of all time on most chargers fans board, he's the best chargers QB of all time. you have been saying the same dumb things for years, pretending rivers is just some scrub and chargers fans are delusional in thinking he's a good QB. but how is he a poor sport exactly? that's just idiotic rival fans point of view. everyone loves rivers, even the guys he plays against including von miller.

    did you notice rivers getting in the face of one of your defensive players (can't remember who it was) last week during a play? that's just one of the reasons why we love rivers and that's not being a "poor sport" that's being a fiery competitor. oh and define "rare" you said that last year before he beat both mahomes and big ben

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,934
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    of course he's a top 5 chargers player of all time on most chargers fans board, he's the best chargers QB of all time. you have been saying the same dumb things for years, pretending rivers is just some scrub and chargers fans are delusional in thinking he's a good QB. but how is he a poor sport exactly? that's just idiotic rival fans point of view. everyone loves rivers, even the guys he plays against including von miller.

    did you notice rivers getting in the face of one of your defensive players (can't remember who it was) last week during a play? that's just one of the reasons why we love rivers and that's not being a "poor sport" that's being a fiery competitor. oh and define "rare" you said that last year before he beat both mahomes and big ben
    That's exactly what I was implying.......you are perfect proof. Early on Rivers was labeled (unfairly) as a poor sport because most general fans only saw the facial expressions and what were perceived as tantrums. You fans knew him better than most and fiercely defended him from this (unjust) label. That has put permanent blinders on your fan base as your still in defend at all cost mode..........no matter how many times he comes up short.


    And you need to stop with the dramatic "scrub" reference. Nobody has ever called him scrub QB. He is a good QB that undoubtedly has issues with pressure situations. I have told you the same thing for years and years because it's true. I don't know what his mental issue is, but pressure situations (including facing good QBs) Rivers comes up short...... constantly.

    As for beating good QBs, why don't you post his record against the better QBs of his generation?
    Last edited by atwaterandstir; 10-13-2019 at 09:46 AM.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,934
    Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    You ever stop to think that we have an entirely new offensive scheme being designed and implemented

    Our OC is a rookie and is getting the kinks out, what he likes, what he doesn’t on the fly

    On top of the new OC and new playbook and scheme we have a new QB

    A new RT
    New center
    New rookie LG
    RG coming off IR
    And Sutton, Hamilton, Lindsey, freeman are young second year players learning their second offense in as many years and Fant is a rookie

    And they as a group only played 22 snaps in preseason
    Pretty much this- we have already seen gradual improvement in some areas and I expect these players to become more and more comfortable with the offense and with each other's tendencies.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    29,877
    Quote Originally Posted by atwaterandstir View Post
    That's exactly what I was implying.......you are perfect proof. Early on Rivers was labeled (unfairly) as a poor sport because most general fans only saw the facial expressions and what were perceived as tantrums. You fans knew him better than most and fiercely defended him from this (unjust) label. That has put permanent blinders on your fan base as your still in defend at all cost mode..........no matter how many times he comes up short.


    And you need to stop with the dramatic "scrub" reference. Nobody has ever called him scrub QB. He is a good QB that undoubtedly has issues with pressure situations. I have told you the same thing for years and years because it's true. I don't know what his mental issue is, but pressure situations (including facing good QBs) Rivers comes up short...... constantly.
    what blinders? i have been critical of rivers at times, including this week when he for sure didn't play well against the broncos. the problem i constantly have around here is people always want to point the finger at rivers when they lose because its lazy and makes for good smack talk.

    there have been times when rivers has choked in pressure situations, there also have been times when things have happened out of his control yet you would still blame him for those losses. for example, the jets playoff loss when his kicker who only missed two kicks all year missed three in that game and the defense got ran over in the running game.

    or last year when the chargers lost to the pats and he didn't play bad at all but was under fire all game long and the defense couldn't stop the pats to save their lives. you can say that's simply rivers choking in a pressure situation but again, that's just lazy and makes for good smack talk but in my honest opinion not accurate at all.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    where the hills touch heaven
    Posts
    15,842
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    look at all those dumb excuses

    you ever stop to think about all the garbage QB's that have came and gone since manning retied might have something to do with it?

    no because you have defended every single one and have made these same type of excuses. rather than man up and admit they are not playing good you always go with these lame ass excuses, it's the same thing every single year.
    Are we talking about three years ago???

    Think fast

    No

    We talking about this year

    So unless your feeble brain can grasp that perhaps stay in your injury excuse threads

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Red 98 - Red 98
    Posts
    14,773
    Hi^Jack alert
    Red 98

    The early bird may get the worm, but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    29,877
    Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    Are we talking about three years ago???

    Think fast

    No

    We talking about this year

    So unless your feeble brain can grasp that perhaps stay in your injury excuse threads
    oh but we talk about three years ago or even over a decade ago when it is convenient for you, don't we? now i'm supposed to believe the same dumb crap you have been saying? you're the only person here who is openly and unapologetic by being a complete and total hypocrite, it's just astonishing.

    you make excuses constantly yet i'm an excuse maker when i mention a team that has been decimated much worse than yours (who you think have a talent issue which makes this even more amazing). then you have no issue making an excuse for a team losing to the chargers because they were without one damn guy??

    you couldn't make this stuff up if you tried, that's some impressive hypocrisy for you, you sir would do well in politics.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    29,877
    Quote Originally Posted by dizzolve View Post
    Hi^Jack alert
    lets be honest, this thread was going nowhere anyways. the problem is elway cant find a decent QB to lead his offense to save his life, that's the end of the thread topic right there.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •