Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Big Disappointments...

Veteran players whining in public instead of bolstering the team and playing better themselves as an example to others.

Bigger Disappointment, fickle fans! Maybe but it is what it is...
    [

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Jack View Post
    I like him, I just want him make sure he always acts like a leader on defense. And I would like to see him get a few picks.
    Agree with this for sure .

When the Head Coach causes you to long for the "good ole days" when we had Vance Joseph, then he wins the award as the "Most Disappointing".

Quote Originally Posted by orange crush75 View Post
    CHJ? This guy is one of the bright spots on the D. He kept D. Adam's and K. Allen under their avg . This is one of the things that bugged me about Elway . Elway paid Callahan good money and Callahan hasnt been the player CHJ has been and he cant even get on the field.
    He did a better job on Robinson than anyone else has done this year too. That includes Josh Norman and Xavier Rhodes. Do with that information what you will.

Harris is the same player he was last year - a situational player who can create pressure as a complementary piece. I'm more disappointed in the FO thinking he, along with Wolfe, Gotsis, etc could be every down disrupters in the run game and pass game. The weakness inside makes every level of the defense worse. On O, I'm most disappointed in Bolles and James. Bolles coming in as an older player only made sense if he could be an impact player quickly. He's an impact player allright, just not in a positive way. James I guess we'll see when he returns. We all know Flacco needs a strong run game and clean pocket to succeed. Run game was better against SD, but disappointed run and pass blocking hasn't been better this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Jack View Post
    I don't like the Way Harris points at people when he gets burned.
    You sure he is getting burned or was someone else supposed to pick up the coverage in that area? It is easy for us to say he got burned, but we don't know the coverage or play.

I would say these are my biggest disappointments

1. Lack of pass rush from our edge rushers.
    2. Lack of fire on both sides of the ball, no urgency
    3. Play calling at times

If I had to pick players probably Von and Chubb up until the last game as I expected a great pass rush.

Injuries are #1

Miller, Bolles, and our defensive scheme are the big ones for me.

Bolles and Yiadom have been disappointments. I actually was expecting it with both, but I was really hoping, especially with the new coaches and scheme that it would be different.
    My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

I'm not disappointed in the team or the FO as it hasn't been long since the championship runs and SB 50. But, I must say the refs have disappointed me extremely.

Not disappointed in any 1 player but disappointed with the team's play on offense and defense as a whole.

Offense still barely scores 10 points and the offensive play calling lacks innovation.

Defense is even more disappointing...I just knew Fangio would 'bring the nasty' to our defense but we play softer than when VJ/Woods were running it.

For now I'm going to chalk it all up to the learning curve of having new coaches & new schemes but my 'learning curve' patience is wearing thin.

Special thanks to Sam_Z for the SB rings collage above

Biggest disappointment

1. The coaches and from office thinking. 290 DE could play NT in a 3-4

2. Injuries, including two highly paid FA acquisitions James and Callahan and our new Cb and Chubb being out for the season

3. How long itís taking scrangrello to pick this offense up

4. Officiating it sucks

5. Fans who blame everything from Hamilton dropping a easy td to their dog getting worms on either Flacco or elway

What is keeping me sane is knowing that the offense is showing life, and knowing that a offense with a new OC who is creating a new playbook and offense with a new qb, new center, new lg and RT
    With a very young core may take time to gel

And the defense fixed their issue at NT

Quote Originally Posted by CinnaMunMun View Post
    You sure he is getting burned or was someone else supposed to pick up the coverage in that area? It is easy for us to say he got burned, but we don't know the coverage or play.
    Harris always throws his hands in the air like it isn't his fault - pretty much on each play or reception that happens on him or in his area. It's ridiculously annoying.

Von Miller

In the last seven games Von has two sacks. He hasnít set the tone as a leader. Other players should feed off Vonís intensity. Unfortunately heís not consistently played with the intensity and impact expected. His lack of impact plays isnít a surprise though, as we know Von disappears from time to time.

Fangioís comments on Von after the game last Sunday:

ďI thought his rush was okay, he was close a few times. I think heís capable of better, but he was coming free some and did help the pass defense in that way. His run defense was up and down a little bit.Ē

The scheme could play a role, but no sacks in 6 of 7 games going back to 2018 means he hasnít played hard enough.

I'm not liking players who appear to feel entitled. This would include Sanders and Harris. I would have traded Sanders after his antics last year. But I enjoy watching the Broncos play and that's my bottom line. My biggest Bronco related disappointment is in the stadium concessions. If there's anything good I didn't find it.