Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Results 46 to 58 of 58
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    639
    Biggest disappointments based on my original expectations

    1. Bryce Callahan - was very excited we signed him. Not so much any more
    2. Theo Riddick - not his fault he is injured, but disappointed
    3. Issac Yiadom - Jesus this guy is worthless and I expected far more
    4. Noah Fant - Might as well call him "FANT-OM". Dude is a total ghost out there
    5. Jewell - It is evident hs is a good backup but not a starter.
    6. Coaching staff - Defensively I think it has been pretty putrid until lately. Offensively, terrible really. Watching our offense is like watching paint dry. NO excitement to it at all. I am looking for someone to juice this thing a little bit

    Sure there are others but top of mind right now
    Wanting to win does not make you a winner. Refusing to fail does.

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    10,209
    Quote Originally Posted by MileHigh Salute View Post
    Biggest disappointments based on my original expectations

    1. Bryce Callahan - was very excited we signed him. Not so much any more
    2. Theo Riddick - not his fault he is injured, but disappointed
    3. Issac Yiadom - Jesus this guy is worthless and I expected far more
    4. Noah Fant - Might as well call him "FANT-OM". Dude is a total ghost out there
    5. Jewell - It is evident hs is a good backup but not a starter.
    6. Coaching staff - Defensively I think it has been pretty putrid until lately. Offensively, terrible really. Watching our offense is like watching paint dry. NO excitement to it at all. I am looking for someone to juice this thing a little bit

    Sure there are others but top of mind right now
    Hoganís fault for the poor throw that led to the injury.

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    9,272
    What in the world is up with Fant? As much crap I give Flacco, his int wasn't on him. Literally hit Fant on his back with a perfect throw. Dude just doesn't realize his assignments

  4. #49
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    1,480
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    What in the world is up with Fant? As much crap I give Flacco, his int wasn't on him. Literally hit Fant on his back with a perfect throw. Dude just doesn't realize his assignments
    He looked back into the sun and couldn't find the ball. That happens to best receivers.
    Go Hard or Go Home

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    the treasure valley, Idaho
    Posts
    16,043
    TEís take time to develop. Fant will be fine. He has to learn more than any other skill position except quarterback.
    Gates only caught 24 balls for 389 yards his rookie year.
    Shannon Sharpe was completely forgettable his rookie year.

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    the gulf of mexico
    Posts
    15,600
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    TEís take time to develop. Fant will be fine. He has to learn more than any other skill position except quarterback.
    Gates only caught 24 balls for 389 yards his rookie year.
    Shannon Sharpe was completely forgettable his rookie year.
    Exactly TEs have to not only learn their routes from the in line they have to learn them split out, then they have to learn their blocking assignments in the run game and all the protection assignments in pass protection while adjusting to the speed of the NFL.

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Roskilde, Denmark
    Posts
    2,833
    I think the biggest disappointment is that they sent Kubes packing, and that we are seeing Vikings put up roughly twice the rushing yards we are. It has been clear throughout that we pretty much needs a pass to gain the next first down. We cannot lean on the rushing attack to set up passing because the three runs rarely produce a first down, and that means that the playaction that we are set up to be good at falters.

    The first 4 weeks the defense was bad, but it seems to have turned around.

    Another real huge issue on offense the ability to come down with the ball - first drive against Titans Flacco puts a perfect pass in the hands of Sutton on the 4 yard line and it gets knocked out, Fant is hit in the neck for an interception - ball placement was where Fant was open and only he could get it if he turned the right way. When we go back and look at the receivers we have had the last 10 years, BMarsh, BLoyd, DT, Decker, Stockley, Wes, Sanders.... they all won those battles 8 of 10 times.

    Not being 4-2 now as we should have been!

  8. #53
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    West Texas
    Posts
    1,113
    Biggest disappointment, that we are still fumbling around ownerless...

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    9,272
    Biggest disappointment? Elway.

    He came in and really transformed this franchise as a player and a GM. He found Manning and a defense, and led us to two SB appearances and a win. But then he proved he didn't know how to formulate sustained success. Mistake after mistake, and now the utter humiliation of being a loser franchise that sees no end unless he goes.

    Yeah. Biggest disappointment? John Elway.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

  10. #55
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,140
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    Biggest disappointment? Elway.

    He came in and really transformed this franchise as a player and a GM. He found Manning and a defense, and led us to two SB appearances and a win. But then he proved he didn't know how to formulate sustained success. Mistake after mistake, and now the utter humiliation of being a loser franchise that sees no end unless he goes.

    Yeah. Biggest disappointment? John Elway.
    Iíll take it one step further.

    My biggest disappointment is the trust vs ownership. Elway drove the roster into the ground, but itís due to a fractured organization that is in gridlock.

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    371
    My biggest disappointment is the entire team. From defensive play to offensive play. Joe Flacco has been a major disappointment as well. I also put a lot of it as well on the coaches. Wide receivers dropping balls to not playing with determination and passion.

    As well, I feel Vic Fangio is not a good fit for the Head coaching job.

    This team as a whole have a jekyll and Hyde approach that is not working.
    D.E

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    389
    I can't see past the orange and blue impenetrable fog bank of disappointment to single out any individual icebergs looming in front of this BroncosTitanic. It's all bleak, miserable and will inevitably end with nothing but a huge sinking feeling.

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    2,236
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    TEís take time to develop. Fant will be fine. He has to learn more than any other skill position except quarterback.
    Gates only caught 24 balls for 389 yards his rookie year.
    That's what we said about Oline too, and here we are and Garrett Holds is still the Bust everyone thought he was.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •