Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Someone tell Scrangerello to run the ball behind him at least 15 times per game, and maybe even try to isolate him in some pass patterns from time to time. I have been hard on Janovich over the years, I thought he would of been cut last off-season, but when healthy he has shown he can help the run game immensely.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Fant just needs time. He should turn into a very good TE.
    Oh I couldnít agree more, I just want him to be more of a blocker and not so one dimensional like JT was but weíll find out in time.

Quote Originally Posted by johnlimburg View Post
    Someone tell Scrangerello to run the ball behind him at least 15 times per game, and maybe even try to isolate him in some pass patterns from time to time. I have been hard on Janovich over the years, I thought he would of been cut last off-season, but when healthy he has shown he can help the run game immensely.
    Iím glad heís managed to stay on, I still value a great full back probably more than most and this guy IMO is every bit as good as Howard Griffith with the potential to be even better if given the chance!

3 YR at 1.9 per year? uhhhhh yes. Im not one to resign RBs unless they are generational and even then.....idk. But jano isnt a RB. Hes a FB. Different wear and tear and dollar per dollar a totally different realm of a cap hit. Good Job front office.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_C View Post
    Could we not have found a FB as a UDFA who can compare to Jano? I hate to sound all New England here but could those dollars not been saved and put towards other players with more impact?
    "The Patriots took care of a bit of before-summer business Thursday, ironing out a two-year contract extension with fullback James Develin, according to a league source. The deal is worth $3.8 million and includes a $600,000 signing bonus, according to the NFL Network"

I think Denver and New England are about on the same page as far as valuing the fullback

Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    Man, donít resign players we mad

We resign players we mad
    No I am not mad. Out of that class Jano is easily the best or one of them for sure. My only point is that FBs are not used by every team AND at the CFB level are often filled in for by a TE. Given that such a talented FB can be had in the 6th and that so few are ever drafted now...maybe we simply could have not resigned him and had our pick of FBs in the 5th or 6th rounds of the draft.

My point simply is that Jano is a good blocker and plays ST well. Ultimately though I thought Juwan Thompson showed that he could run the ball better and thus be a better rounded option for our offense.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_C View Post
    Could we not have found a FB as a UDFA who can compare to Jano? I hate to sound all New England here but could those dollars not been saved and put towards other players with more impact?
    It is hard to truly evaluate untll one can look at the contract and the effect on the cap...and honestly how easily a team can free themselves from the contract and take min cap hit.

I think Jano is an asset to the team that not only vastly improves our running game but provides options in the passing game very similar to what Howard Griffith would do. Not going to see him put up amazing stats but he will provide timely plays.

I do not think we could easily replace his value...once again need to see contract details tho.
    All I want for Christmas is a Bronco QB controversy