• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KWHIT97
    Master of the Mock
    • Oct 2007

Devin Bush

Man this is the guy I wanted at 10 in the draft. He is making a massive impact for the Steelers and round hsve solidified the position for years for us. I really wish Elway would make ILB a priority next offseason. We can’t keep passing on these guys!
  • Sam_Z
    Banned User
    • Dec 2004

He made a play against a bad chargers team...
    Lol it Doesn’t mean he’s a once in lifetime player...

On the other hand he just might be Joe Greene, Jack Lambert or Jack Hamm!

However what’s done is done and Alexander Johnson has been very well above average for Denver!

Have faith my young bronco buddy!
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 10-13-2019, 05:47 PM.

Comment

• the0rangecrush
      Captain
      • Apr 2009

I'd rather have Risner, Fant, and insert future 3rd. Especially with the way AJ has been playing
      What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
      I don't know and I don't care

Comment

• JvDub95
        Football Immortal
        • Jan 2005

People want to hate on Fant but rookie TEs RARELY come out and are all pro right out of the gate. Witten is your do it all TE and his 1st year played exactly how fants is now. He struggled and Parcells was hard on him. Rookie offensive players in general make their progressive leap in year 2. It's easier for a defender because all they have to do is chase the ball and shed blocks and make tackles. That trade gave us a future long term playmaking TE and or a rock at G or our possible future QB (not sure what pick was our original)

​​​​

Comment

• Hadez
          Football Immortal
          • Nov 2004

AJ has me forgetting the ILB need for now.
          What is Grit? - Angela Duckworth
          effort x talent = skill
          effort x skill = achievement
          How much time do you invest into your dream? 10 hours a week? 20 hours? 40 hours? 80 hours? 120 hours?

Comment

• jazzy22jeff
            Captain
            • Dec 2015

Originally posted by KWHIT97 View Post
            Man this is the guy I wanted at 10 in the draft. He is making a massive impact for the Steelers and round hsve solidified the position for years for us. I really wish Elway would make ILB a priority next offseason. We can’t keep passing on these guys!
            THOUGHT THE EXACT SAME THING AS I AM WATCHING THE GAME!!! We needed D help and we went with a bust of a TE. Bad, Bad, draft day trade.

Comment

• JvDub95
              Football Immortal
              • Jan 2005

Originally posted by jazzy22jeff View Post
              THOUGHT THE EXACT SAME THING AS I AM WATCHING THE GAME!!! We needed D help and we went with a bust of a TE. Bad, Bad, draft day trade.
              You can call him a bust a couple years from now but you can't call him a bust right now....

​​​​

Comment

• Hadez
                Football Immortal
                • Nov 2004

Originally posted by jazzy22jeff View Post
                We used the 52 pick acquired in the trade (with 2 other picks) to get Lock

We also have a 3rd next year.

The conclusion on if that trade was good or not is far from done.
                What is Grit? - Angela Duckworth
                effort x talent = skill
                effort x skill = achievement
                How much time do you invest into your dream? 10 hours a week? 20 hours? 40 hours? 80 hours? 120 hours?

Comment

• DenverBlood
                  Football Immortal
                  • Nov 2005

I don’t see how anyone can watch AJ these past two weeks and feel like we still should’ve taken Bush instead.
                  sigpic

Comment

• orange crush75
                    Captain
                    • Feb 2006

Man I tell you AJ has been balling out . He is a solid player and is helping our D in a big way. I think Fant will really come along .

Comment

• mozzerpete
                      All-Pro
                      • May 2008

Originally posted by Hadez View Post
                      We used the 52 pick acquired in the trade (with 2 other picks) to get Lock

We also have a 3rd next year.

The conclusion on if that trade was good or not is far from done.
                      True but imagine a LB core of

Miller
                      Johnson
                      Bush
                      Chubb

Instead, Denver drafted a soft TE in Fant
                      and a QB who most probably will get out drafted.

Time will tell, of course.

Comment

• lvbronx
                        Old School
                        • Jul 2005

Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
                        People want to hate on Fant but rookie TEs RARELY come out and are all pro right out of the gate. Witten is your do it all TE and his 1st year played exactly how fants is now. He struggled and Parcells was hard on him. Rookie offensive players in general make their progressive leap in year 2. It's easier for a defender because all they have to do is chase the ball and shed blocks and make tackles. That trade gave us a future long term playmaking TE and or a rock at G or our possible future QB (not sure what pick was our original)
                        I agree. TE may be the hardest for rookies since they have to be in both the receiver and OL rooms. Kittle was pretty good as a rookie but there haven't been many. Tony Gonzales was pretty bad his first two years. I think a goal of 40 catches for Fant is pretty good and better than many TEs do their rookie years.

Comment

Working...
                        X