Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 38
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Red 98 - Red 98
    Posts
    14,870
    Broncos are top 4th in both total defense and passing

    18th against the run, but have shown improvement last couple week against some questionable teams

    ......if KC has success on the ground in this upcoming game, they'll surely have success in the air.
    Red 98

    The early bird may get the worm, but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 5280
    Posts
    13,281
    Just an interesting stat, the broncos front 7 starters consist of only TWO draft players, Von Miller and Derek Wolfe. The rest, Mike Purcel, Shleby Harris, Alexander Johnson, Todd Davis, Malik Reed, we all undrafted free agents.

    Anyone trying to discredit the evil genius Vic Fangio, needs to let that sink in.
    Bradley Chubb has an Aaron Donald type ability to disrupt and wreck games!

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    13,255
    Time to get this thread back on topic.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    9,304
    Fangio has proven he knows how to build a defense. It seems he's found his players to make it work. Scangarello is the one I'm still waiting on. Flacco hasn't really shown that he is taking to the scheme, which is likely being hampered by our weak OTs. James coming back should help out tremendously.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 5280
    Posts
    13,281
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    Fangio has proven he knows how to build a defense. It seems he's found his players to make it work. Scangarello is the one I'm still waiting on. Flacco hasn't really shown that he is taking to the scheme, which is likely being hampered by our weak OTs. James coming back should help out tremendously.
    Have you seen Quenton Nelson and Anthony Castandzo In Indy?

    If only Elway signed Juwann James to play LT, perhaps he and Risner could form that same type of impenetrable Force.

    I know a lot of people would respond with “Juwann James is hurt” but perhaps if he was playing left tackle, he would not be hurt.

    Anyway if we had that, I the offense would be mauling these opposing defenses!

    We definitely need some maulers up front!
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 10-16-2019 at 08:16 PM.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    9,304
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Have you seen Quenton Nelson and Anthony Castandzo In Indy?

    If only Elway signed Juwann James to play LT, perhaps he and Risner could form that same type of impenetrable Force.

    I know a lot of people would respond with “Juwann James is hurt” but perhaps if he was playing left tackle, he would not be hurt.

    Anyway if we had that, I the offense would be mauling these opposing defenses!

    We definitely need some maulers up front!
    Agreed. I had hoped that our OL was fixed, but I really worried with the departure of Matt Paradis and Leary being out for so long that the interior was not really set. Ironically the biggest weaknesses come from the outside with Bolles and Wilkinson. Hindsight is 20/20, but it's obvious now that we should have gone OT with the 20th pick this year. Fant may not be useful until mid 2020, not worth a 1st round pick in my opinion.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    1,093
    Is it more or has Bolles started to play decently the last few games?

    Even at the darkest point I was a believer in this staff. Steady, patient teachers that stress the details. I think this team will get steadily better over the course of the year.

    As Cousin Sal put it...this is the best 2-4 team in history.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    320
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Have you seen Quenton Nelson and Anthony Castandzo In Indy?

    If only Elway signed Juwann James to play LT, perhaps he and Risner could form that same type of impenetrable Force.

    I know a lot of people would respond with “Juwann James is hurt” but perhaps if he was playing left tackle, he would not be hurt.

    Anyway if we had that, I the offense would be mauling these opposing defenses!

    We definitely need some maulers up front!
    Juwann James is always hurt.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    10,263
    Quote Originally Posted by BeelzeBob View Post
    Juwann James is always hurt.
    Since this thread is about the coaches, what should they have done differently without James? Wilkinson filled in for James since he went out in Oakland. James is listed as questionable for Thursday night and one report said they would use another week to prepare him. If that’s the case should the coaches do anything different for tomorrow night?

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    13,307
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonny_Quest View Post
    Is it more or has Bolles started to play decently the last few games?

    Even at the darkest point I was a believer in this staff. Steady, patient teachers that stress the details. I think this team will get steadily better over the course of the year.

    As Cousin Sal put it...this is the best 2-4 team in history.
    This below bit is about Bolles but I think a lot of players are starting to come around because of the coaching.

    https://twitter.com/MaseDenver/statu...htmode%3Dfalse

    Essentially says Bolles was the 4th best pass blocking OT per PFF over a 3 week time frame
    All I want for Christmas is a Bronco QB controversy

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    320
    Quote Originally Posted by Hadez View Post
    This below bit is about Bolles but I think a lot of players are starting to come around because of the coaching.

    https://twitter.com/MaseDenver/statu...htmode%3Dfalse

    Essentially says Bolles was the 4th best pass blocking OT per PFF over a 3 week time frame
    Backs up my general view that Flacco’s protection hasn’t been nearly as bad as many here make out.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    649
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Have you seen Quenton Nelson and Anthony Castandzo In Indy?

    If only Elway signed Juwann James to play LT, perhaps he and Risner could form that same type of impenetrable Force.

    I know a lot of people would respond with “Juwann James is hurt” but perhaps if he was playing left tackle, he would not be hurt.

    Anyway if we had that, I the offense would be mauling these opposing defenses!

    We definitely need some maulers up front!

    Wish we could add 4 more Risner's to the line

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Red 98 - Red 98
    Posts
    14,870
    Quote Originally Posted by Hadez View Post
    This below bit is about Bolles but I think a lot of players are starting to come around because of the coaching.

    https://twitter.com/MaseDenver/statu...htmode%3Dfalse

    Essentially says Bolles was the 4th best pass blocking OT per PFF over a 3 week time frame
    Pretty shocking stat to learn there. Only thing to do is to say good job Bolles. Now it's about consistency. Unfortunately it's like Leary said to himself........well, someone's gotta do it........ why not me?
    Red 98

    The early bird may get the worm, but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    320
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    Fangio has proven he knows how to build a defense. It seems he's found his players to make it work. Scangarello is the one I'm still waiting on. Flacco hasn't really shown that he is taking to the scheme, which is likely being hampered by our weak OTs. James coming back should help out tremendously.
    Flacco is producing at his usual level. I mean if you want a chef to cook a great meal you probably shouldn’t give him low quality ingredients.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    13,307
    Quote Originally Posted by dizzolve View Post
    Pretty shocking stat to learn there. Only thing to do is to say good job Bolles. Now it's about consistency. Unfortunately it's like Leary said to himself........well, someone's gotta do it........ why not me?
    Agreed with Bolles. Props to him and Munchak. Now I essentially look at Bolles like a rookie in terms I expect to see improvement every week and no regression. Probably more strict than a rookie actually.

    Even IF Bolles becomes the player we need we will still be looking to replace some of our OL in the off season to get where we want to be imo
    All I want for Christmas is a Bronco QB controversy

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •