Former Bronco Lineman arrested in Boulder on Attempted Murder Justin Bannan

Sad story out of Boulder just now - Former NFL defensive lineman Justin Bannan is sitting in a Colorado jail, on charges of suspicion of attempted first-degree murder. According to Mitchell Byars of the Boulder Daily Camera, Bannan was arrested on a number of charges, including first-degree assault and first-degree burglary after the shooting of a woman.

The 40-year-old Bannan played 12 years in the league, with the Bills, Ravens, Broncos, Rams, and Lions.

According to Boulder police, the woman was shot and transported to the hospital with non-life threatening injuries. Police believe the woman and the alleged shooter know each other, but arent clear what led to the shooting.
    Bronco Bob

Holy crap. I think we got him from Baltimore didn't we? Or at least that's where he spent some time. That's crazy

He made some plays for us at times

But ..... I hope he didn't kill anyone

EDIT: pulled up the story. He's saying the Russian Mafia was after him! Oh my ............first thing popped into my head is CTE
    Red 98

The early bird may get the worm, but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese

I don't know who we got him from nor do I really remember him at all. But in an update I just found : A police affidavit said Bannan shot the woman in the shoulder, after she unlocked her door in a building which Bannan is part-owner. When police found Bannan, he was carrying a bag with two loaded handguns, and an extra magazine. They also found “a rolled-up $20 bill coated with a white substance that tested positive for cocaine.” That's why they call it Dope - LOL. I'm just glad I never found a liking for coke.
    Bronco Bob

Actually he's a Buff Alumn I think
    Red 98

The early bird may get the worm, but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese

Quote Originally Posted by dizzolve View Post
    Actually he's a Buff Alumn I think
    Yes, he is.

Quote Originally Posted by bfallona View Post
    I don't know who we got him from nor do I really remember him at all. But in an update I just found : A police affidavit said Bannan shot the woman in the shoulder, after she unlocked her door in a building which Bannan is part-owner. When police found Bannan, he was carrying a bag with two loaded handguns, and an extra magazine. They also found a rolled-up $20 bill coated with a white substance that tested positive for cocaine. That's why they call it Dope - LOL. I'm just glad I never found a liking for coke.
    I did....

Seriously, nothing surprises me anymore. Seems like every week or so, another pro athlete, entertainer, or people you would never expect to go down that bad path, are found guilty. Initially it makes no sense. But part of this is a realization that people have problems, or go into desperation, or even off the wall completely. Much of this, I believe, (other than poor upbringing in and of itself) is mental health related. It reaches far and deep. And yes, poor upbringing can cause serious mental health issues.

LoL - Me 2 but OUR Coke is not only cheaper but it's legal. Nice humor. Go Broncos.
    Bronco Bob

Quote Originally Posted by dizzolve View Post
    Holy crap. I think we got him from Baltimore didn't we? Or at least that's where he spent some time. That's crazy

He made some plays for us at times

But ..... I hope he didn't kill anyone

EDIT: pulled up the story. He's saying the Russian Mafia was after him! Oh my ............first thing popped into my head is CTE
    I would give a lot to know how the CTE discussion sounds in the future.