• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dizzolve
    Orange Rush
    • Mar 2009

Broncos are top 4th in both total defense and passing

18th against the run, but have shown improvement last couple week against some questionable teams

......if KC has success on the ground in this upcoming game, they'll surely have success in the air.
    The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

• Sam_Z
      Banned User
      • Dec 2004

Just an interesting stat, the broncos front 7 starters consist of only TWO draft players, Von Miller and Derek Wolfe. The rest, Mike Purcel, Shleby Harris, Alexander Johnson, Todd Davis, Malik Reed, we all undrafted free agents.

Anyone trying to discredit the evil genius Vic Fangio, needs to let that sink in.

Comment

• Rastic
        Modulated
        • Oct 2013

Time to get this thread back on topic.

Comment

• TheAsianPA
          Captain
          • Oct 2015

Fangio has proven he knows how to build a defense. It seems he's found his players to make it work. Scangarello is the one I'm still waiting on. Flacco hasn't really shown that he is taking to the scheme, which is likely being hampered by our weak OTs. James coming back should help out tremendously.
          Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

• Sam_Z
            Banned User
            • Dec 2004

Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
            Fangio has proven he knows how to build a defense. It seems he's found his players to make it work. Scangarello is the one I'm still waiting on. Flacco hasn't really shown that he is taking to the scheme, which is likely being hampered by our weak OTs. James coming back should help out tremendously.
            Have you seen Quenton Nelson and Anthony Castandzo In Indy?

If only Elway signed Juwann James to play LT, perhaps he and Risner could form that same type of impenetrable Force.

I know a lot of people would respond with “Juwann James is hurt” but perhaps if he was playing left tackle, he would not be hurt.

Anyway if we had that, I the offense would be mauling these opposing defenses!

We definitely need some maulers up front!
            Last edited by Sam_Z; 10-16-2019, 08:16 PM.

Comment

• TheAsianPA
              Captain
              • Oct 2015

Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post

If only Elway signed Juwann James to play LT, perhaps he and Risner could form that same type of impenetrable Force.

I know a lot of people would respond with “Juwann James is hurt” but perhaps if he was playing left tackle, he would not be hurt.

Agreed. I had hoped that our OL was fixed, but I really worried with the departure of Matt Paradis and Leary being out for so long that the interior was not really set. Ironically the biggest weaknesses come from the outside with Bolles and Wilkinson. Hindsight is 20/20, but it's obvious now that we should have gone OT with the 20th pick this year. Fant may not be useful until mid 2020, not worth a 1st round pick in my opinion.
              Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

• Jonny_Quest
                Playmaker
                • Dec 2010

Is it more or has Bolles started to play decently the last few games?

Even at the darkest point I was a believer in this staff. Steady, patient teachers that stress the details. I think this team will get steadily better over the course of the year.

As Cousin Sal put it...this is the best 2-4 team in history.

Comment

• BeelzeBob
                  Practice Squad
                  • Aug 2019

Juwann James is always hurt.

Comment

• Fantaztic7
                    Banned User
                    • Dec 2015

Originally posted by BeelzeBob View Post
                    Juwann James is always hurt.
                    Since this thread is about the coaches, what should they have done differently without James? Wilkinson filled in for James since he went out in Oakland. James is listed as questionable for Thursday night and one report said they would use another week to prepare him. If that’s the case should the coaches do anything different for tomorrow night?

Comment

• Hadez
                      Football Immortal
                      • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Jonny_Quest View Post
                      Is it more or has Bolles started to play decently the last few games?

Even at the darkest point I was a believer in this staff. Steady, patient teachers that stress the details. I think this team will get steadily better over the course of the year.

As Cousin Sal put it...this is the best 2-4 team in history.
                      This below bit is about Bolles but I think a lot of players are starting to come around because of the coaching.

Essentially says Bolles was the 4th best pass blocking OT per PFF over a 3 week time frame
                      What is Grit? - Angela Duckworth
                      effort x talent = skill
                      effort x skill = achievement
                      How much time do you invest into your dream? 10 hours a week? 20 hours? 40 hours? 80 hours? 120 hours?

Comment

• BeelzeBob
                        Practice Squad
                        • Aug 2019

Originally posted by Hadez View Post
                        This below bit is about Bolles but I think a lot of players are starting to come around because of the coaching.

Essentially says Bolles was the 4th best pass blocking OT per PFF over a 3 week time frame
                        Backs up my general view that Flacco’s protection hasn’t been nearly as bad as many here make out.

Comment

• jdhdiggs
                          Starter
                          • Oct 2005

Wish we could add 4 more Risner's to the line

Comment

• dizzolve
                            Orange Rush
                            • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Hadez View Post

Pretty shocking stat to learn there. Only thing to do is to say good job Bolles. Now it's about consistency. Unfortunately it's like Leary said to himself........well, someone's gotta do it........ why not me?
                            The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

• BeelzeBob
                              Practice Squad
                              • Aug 2019

Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
                              Flacco is producing at his usual level. I mean if you want a chef to cook a great meal you probably shouldn’t give him low quality ingredients.

Comment

• Hadez
                                Football Immortal
                                • Nov 2004

Originally posted by dizzolve View Post
                                Pretty shocking stat to learn there. Only thing to do is to say good job Bolles. Now it's about consistency. Unfortunately it's like Leary said to himself........well, someone's gotta do it........ why not me?
                                Agreed with Bolles. Props to him and Munchak. Now I essentially look at Bolles like a rookie in terms I expect to see improvement every week and no regression. Probably more strict than a rookie actually.

Even IF Bolles becomes the player we need we will still be looking to replace some of our OL in the off season to get where we want to be imo
                                What is Grit? - Angela Duckworth
                                effort x talent = skill
                                effort x skill = achievement
                                How much time do you invest into your dream? 10 hours a week? 20 hours? 40 hours? 80 hours? 120 hours?

Comment

Working...
                                X