• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kyousukeneko
    Football Immortal
    • May 2010

our coaching staff

we should not judge them on the over all records, but the improvements each coach and ect are getting better each week. we need to let them do there things here for more then a year.i think we have a really good staff in place. and we have people who are showing improvements and doing better ever weak. the first few weeks the game plan was terrible but it has been getting better every week. fangio has been similar. i feel we should not give up on this defense.
    sigpic
    oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait
  • Hadez
    Football Immortal
    • Nov 2004

Agreed completely

It takes time to teach their way of playing.

IMO previous coaching left a lot to be desired so there are some basic NFL things some of these players need to be taught.

I hope to just keep seeing improvement every week and no regression.
    What is Grit? - Angela Duckworth
    effort x talent = skill
    effort x skill = achievement
    How much time do you invest into your dream? 10 hours a week? 20 hours? 40 hours? 80 hours? 120 hours?

Comment

• samparnell
      Soy Capitan Meshpoint
      • Nov 2007

Even though it wasn't reflected on the scoreboard, there was some good football being played by the Denver Broncos in the first four games. Still, one wonders about the psychological effect of going winless for a month, especially on young players.

After what happened in the second half against Jacksonville, I was worried about Denver's run D. I was especially concerned about facing Derrick Henry last Sunday in view of what Leonard Fournette had accomplished.

Chargers and Tennessee rushed for 74 yards combined against Denver's run D the past two weeks. Henry had 28 yards on 15 rushing attempts on Sunday, less than 2 yards per attempt.

That shows me that, in spite of four straight losses, the coaches kept coaching and the players have not lost confidence, and are still bought in to the program. To go from surrendering 269 yards rushing to the Jags to giving up 74 yards rushing in the next two games means the coaches figured out what was wrong and what they tried to fix it worked.

Elway has always wanted a coaching staff that would develop young players regardless of how they were acquired. It looks like Fangio and his staff are getting some good results with a number of young players.

In spite of Spring football, TC and preseason, it apparently takes time to see the new D and O produce team results on the field in regular season games. Defense was way better at LAC and went off on the Titans. That lays the foundation for Offense to pick it up going forward. O usually takes longer to gel, but there has been noticeable improvement.

KC's defense has not defended the run well and they aren't that much better in pass defense. It will be the same football situation: run the ball and stop the run. Fangio's D has a lot of looks. I was not expecting to see Cover 9.
      Last edited by samparnell; 10-15-2019, 03:13 PM. Reason: no team in San Diego :D
      "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• Rastic
        Modulated
        • Oct 2013

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
        Even though it wasn't reflected on the scoreboard, there was some good football being played by the Denver Broncos in the first four games. Still, one wonders about the psychological effect of going winless for a month, especially on young players.

After what happened in the second half against Jacksonville, I was worried about Denver's run D. I was especially concerned about facing Derrick Henry last Sunday in view of what Leonard Fournette had accomplished.

San Diego and Tennessee rushed for 74 yards combined against Denver's run D the past two weeks. Henry had 28 yards on 15 rushing attempts on Sunday, less that 2 yards per attempt.

That shows me that, in spite of four straight losses, the coaches kept coaching and the players have not lost confidence, and are still bought in to the program. To go from surrendering 269 yards rushing to the Jags to giving up 74 yards rushing in the next two games means the coaches figured out what was wrong and what they tried to fix it worked.

Elway has always wanted a coaching staff that would develop young players regardless of how they were acquired. It looks like Fangio and his staff are getting some good results with a number of young players.

In spite of Spring football, TC and preseason it, apparently takes time to see the new D and O produce team results on the field in regular season games. Defense was way better at LAC and went off on the Titans. That lays the foundation for Offense to pick it up going forward. O usually takes longer to gel, but there has been noticeable improvement.

KC's defense has not defended the run well and they aren't that much better in pass defense. It will be the same football situation: run the ball and stop the run. Fangio's D has a lot of looks. I was not expecting to see Cover 9.
        Love the coaches perspective.

The defense has shown marked improvement and the issue of development is crucial going forward.
        Last edited by Rastic; 10-15-2019, 09:32 AM.

Comment

• Hadez
          Football Immortal
          • Nov 2004

San Diego and Tennessee rushed for 74 yards combined against Denver's run D the past two weeks. Henry had 28 yards on 15 rushing attempts on Sunday, less that 2 yards per attempt.

In spite of Spring football, TC and preseason it, apparently takes time to see the new D and O produce team results on the field in regular season games. Defense was way better at LAC and went off on the Titans. That lays the foundation for Offense to pick it up going forward. O usually takes longer to gel, but there has been noticeable improvement.

Good points

It is also brought up pretty often on all the NFL TV channels that even with a new coaching staff advantages of extra offseason practices there is less time for coaches to work with players before the season since the last CBA was negotiated.

Apparently one of the things the owners caved on was less off season workload for the players.
          What is Grit? - Angela Duckworth
          effort x talent = skill
          effort x skill = achievement
          How much time do you invest into your dream? 10 hours a week? 20 hours? 40 hours? 80 hours? 120 hours?

Comment

• orange crush75
            Captain
            • Feb 2006

Nice post Sam !

Comment

• BroncoRy
              Special Teams
              • Sep 2006

I was thinking about the coaching staff recently as well. Look at the young players that are improving under this new staff, I somehow feel VJ wouldn't be getting the same results from Alexander Johnson, Walker, and a few others.

Comment

• BeelzeBob
                Practice Squad
                • Aug 2019

Originally posted by BroncoRy View Post
                I was thinking about the coaching staff recently as well. Look at the young players that are improving under this new staff, I somehow feel VJ wouldn't be getting the same results from Alexander Johnson, Walker, and a few others.
                We know exactly what results he’d be getting out of Walker.

Comment

• Sam_Z
                  Banned User
                  • Dec 2004

Originally posted by BeelzeBob View Post
                  We know exactly what results he’d be getting out of Walker.
                  No doubt, Walker had 3 sacks in his first two seasons under VJ. He has 3 in 6 games under Fangio. Not bad for an interior lineman!

Comment

• Taos_Broncomaniac
                    Football Immortal
                    • Oct 2008

Chargers and Tennessee rushed for 74 yards combined against Denver's run D the past two weeks. Henry had 28 yards on 15 rushing attempts on Sunday, less than 2 yards per attempt.

It took four games to wake this D up! Now they're feelin' froggy.

What's it going to take to get a difference making tight end? Or rear view mirrors.
                    [sigpic

Comment

• beastlyskronk
                      Football Immortal
                      • Jun 2007

Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
                      No doubt, Walker had 3 sacks in his first two seasons under VJ. He has 3 in 6 games under Fangio. Not bad for an interior lineman!
                      And he’s only played 31% (122) of the defensive snaps this season. That’s a sack roughly every 40 snaps which is actually up from his 121 snaps the first two seasons where it was a sack roughly every 60 snaps.

Comment

• ArchAngel
                        Special Teams
                        • Jun 2007

Listening to Derrick Wolfe on 850 KOA, he said Fangio's defense is very complicated, requiring alot of pre-snap reads. Wolfe said the defense is now jelling and Hope's it carries through the rest of the season

Comment

• skeeter01
                          Football Immortal
                          • Apr 2008

To toot my own horn....I said this would happen after our first three losses. " Let the coaches coach" I saw potential......now....after watching Jacksonville run right through us in the second half of that game, I started second guessing myself.....but- walah....my prophecy came true. The coaches are coaching and positive things are occurring. Go Broncos !!

Comment

• orange crush75
                            Captain
                            • Feb 2006

I dont know what to think about our TEs except they seem to be injury prone. I think Fant will excel . I'm pretty happy with our coaching staff . I think they're starting to gel . I want to see some big shots from Flacco . Hoping Scangarello calls a good game .

Comment

• DENVERSB50CHAMP
                              Football Immortal
                              • Mar 2017

Coach Fangio is the Real Deal !

Comment

Working...
                              X