• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DwhitetheGamer
    Starter
    • Oct 2014

I actually feel bad for the Chargers.

Now before I get ridiculed for the title of this video, hear me out.

I just came across an article on this, but I'm on mobile right now so I can't link it right now. However it's a clear conclusion that the Los Angeles Chargers are only here for the sole purpose of existing.

Look at the latest "home" game for the Chargers. So many Terrible Towels waved around. You can't look at that game and tell me that LA cares about Football. Same with the Rams, they often have the LA Coliseum loaded with opposing fans.

Baph, I know you'll be reading this, but there's an unfortunate truth to this. Nobody in LA cares about the Chargers. Dean Spanos destroyed whatever fanbase your team has left, and the only way he's making any money at this point is by the opposing teams who go into the Soccer stadium.
  • Sam_Z
    Banned User
    • Dec 2004

Originally posted by DwhitetheGamer View Post

I just came across an article on this, but I'm on mobile right now so I can't link it right now. However it's a clear conclusion that the Los Angeles Chargers are only here for the sole purpose of existing.

Look at the latest "home" game for the Chargers. So many Terrible Towels waved around. You can't look at that game and tell me that LA cares about Football. Same with the Rams, they often have the LA Coliseum loaded with opposing fans.

Baph, I know you'll be reading this, but there's an unfortunate truth to this. Nobody in LA cares about the Chargers. Dean Spanos destroyed whatever fanbase your team has left, and the only way he's making any money at this point is by the opposing teams who go into the Soccer stadium.
    I’m wondering why the rest of the league would support that move from Qualcomm to Dignity Park.

I don’t quite remember how it all played out but geez they should had been making more with games at Qualcomm with just opposing teams fans alone unless the cost to play there was too high.

Also, I know there are cities that would had welcomed them with opens arms. (OKC or San Antonio) however the league is so obsessed with the LA tv market.
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 10-15-2019, 06:35 AM.

Comment

• Stackhouser
      All-Pro
      • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
      I’m wondering why the rest of the league would support that move from Qualcomm to Dignity Park.

I don’t quite remember how it all played out but geez they should had been making more with games at Qualcomm with just opposing teams fans alone unless the cost to play there was too high.

Also, I know there are cities that would had welcomed them with opens arms. (OKC or San Antonio) however the league is so obsessed with the LA tv market.
      Because they wanted the extra home game!!!!! LOL
      sigpic

Comment

• atwaterandstir
        Football Immortal
        • Jul 2012

The Chargers definitely needed a new stadium, it's just a shame SD couldn't figure it out. Personally, I have many Chargers fans as friends and relatives and that fan base is as passionate as any of them. I do feel bad for them. After the announcement of the move even the die hards had to throw up their hands in complete frustration.

I know attendance issues were a thing, but so was the stadium. I remember sitting in end zone seats once that could only see about a yard deep into the end zone. LA is not going support the Chargers and it's sad, but I fear London is truly the ultimate goal for the league and that franchise.

Comment

• Lumiere
          All-Time Great
          • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Stackhouser View Post
          Stackhouser for the win!
          To infinity...and beyond.

Comment

• Sam_Z
            Banned User
            • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Stackhouser View Post
            They had that in Qualcomm with a lot more ticket sales lol

Comment

• arapaho
              reserved for losing bet
              • Mar 2004

even before the move to the soccer stadium...they had fickle fans...their games would be blacked out for playoff games...the league started buying the tickets needed and donating them to service members just to avoid blackouts
              sigpic
              when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

• 58Miller
                Football Immortal
                • Jul 2013

It’s crazy to think I was down in San Diego for the game where LT broke the TD record. That was the season Shanny sat Plummer for Cutler. Game was a blowout, 48-20 and the stadium was full of Charger fans. Their were broncos fans sprinkled throughout but very few. Stayed that way until Manning arrived, 2013 game I remember looking like a home game. Been like that ever since and carried onto LA at the soccer stadium.
                Bottom line to much to do in Southern CA, if the team stinks the fans won’t come.
                Denver, GB, Pittsburgh, Chicago etc. the fan bases will show win or lose.
                Denver and just filled the stadium despite having 0 wins, Pittsburgh filled it despite only 1 win.
                The Chargers should ship out to Nebraska with their one true fan Baphs, he can recruit his fellow cornhuskers and they will finally get the full time support they deserve

We would plan a week trip around the San Diego game every year, did LA trip a couple years ago and my family just complained about how they missed SD.
                Thanks a lot Spanos!!!!!!
                Last edited by 58Miller; 10-15-2019, 10:57 AM.
                sigpic

Comment

• dizzolve
                  Orange Rush
                  • Mar 2009

I actually feel bad for the Chargers.

To: Chargers fans

The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

Working...
                  X