Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
    This team is 2 plays and a few seconds from being 4-2. When they played @ the Chargers the Chargers weren't considered a bad team and they could turn it around this season. The Broncos not only beat the Titans, they SHUT THEM OUT!
    A lot depends on the next 3 games before the bye, the Broncos DO have a chance to turn this season around. They also play Buffalo and Houston this season, that helps the Broncos to be able to control their destiny... not to mention game twos against division teams.
    It will all have to start tomorrow night though.

Up til this week, I did not give as much credence to the "4 and 2" notion, because in spite of the refs, The Broncs still could have made enough plays to win those games on their own. And sometimes the difference between champions and those just behind is a very fine line, but usually defined by one team's "will to win".

But now that the team is in position to make a more serious playoff visit, yes, the fact they are in the hunt AND lost some close ones, makes them more credible, to me anyway. I still don't give them credit for wins they never achieved, but it's more along the lines of, this team has been in tight, and are now learning how to win again.

When Jacksonville rushed for 269 yards and Bradley Chubb was lost for the rest of the season, things weren't looking too good from my point-of-view.

Then the D shut down the run in the next two games and went off with seven sacks by five different players against Tennessee. The team is picking up the slack after the loss of Chubb.

KC's D doesn't seem to be stopping much of anything. Denver's pass D can be a good combo of pressure and coverage. Mahomes' mobility may be less than usual. I think Denver can run the ball and use a lot of PAP which is right in Scangarello's wheelhouse.

Fangio is resting the team on a short week and concentrating on mental preparation which IMO is pretty smart. Home field favors a fresh Broncos team. I like the matchups.

A win against the Chiefs tomorrow night would put a whole different slant on the season. Even after opening with four straight losses, the coaches didn't stop coaching and the players have played through adversity showing that they didn't lose heart.

It will be interesting.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Interesting stats regarding our upcoming match up with KC

Mahomes has an 82.2 passer rating facing man coverage (17th in NFL, min. 25 att.) while leading the NFL with a 152.3 passer rating against zone coverage in 2019, per Pro Football Focus.

The Chiefs have the lowest average time of possession in NFL the past two weeks (21:29). Part of the issue is K.C.'s own inability to run the ball behind a banged-up o-line. In the past two weeks, the Chiefs 12.5 carries per game (fewest in NFL) and a 24.0 run percent.

Despite the recent struggles, Mahomes still leads the NFL with 350.7 passing YPG and remains on pace to throw for 5,611 yards, besting Peyton Manning's record (5,477) for a single season.
    Red 98

The early bird may get the worm, but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese

Chiefs have ruled Watkins, Jones, Fuller, Fisher and Wylie out. With jones and Fuller our the offense should have an easier time. Hopefully with the oline banged up the defense can get pressure and mitigate the speed they still have at WR

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    When Jacksonville rushed for 269 yards and Bradley Chubb was lost for the rest of the season, things weren't looking too good from my point-of-view.
    No doubt. They didn't look like a team that was capable of winning their next two games - they looked more like a team that might only win two games all season.

I don't think I remember a more important early, regular season game. This will be THE turning point in the season. If they can win here, it will have laid a foundation they can build for the rest of the year. If they lose, the season is most likely lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua2585 View Post
    I don't think I remember a more important early, regular season game. This will be THE turning point in the season. If they can win here, it will have laid a foundation they can build for the rest of the year. If they lose, the season is most likely lost.
    Absolutely. Winning this game would go a long way as far as restoring this teamís credibility. I, for one, have been highly skeptical and critical of this team. Winning tomorrow would definitely make me rethink this teamís chances of crawling out of the basement. Losing, however, puts them in a pretty deep hole. Iím looking forward to seeing how it turns out.

It appears KC is not in the best of health right now. They'll be missing one of their bigger starting receivers, a CB, their LT and evidently Mahommes isn't 100%.

All these things certainly wont hurt our chances but Mahommes is a total wild card. No telling just how much a difference he can make. Last couple weeks he wasn't able to lead them to wins.

If there is any way the Broncos can steal this game -- it just changes everything. It changes the whole AFC picture
    Red 98

Also that great DL Chris Jones is out. That could be huge. Because hes the kind of player I could see getting to Flacco ..........I'd bet money on it

He killed us last year
    Red 98

I just want us to win 7 games forget the playoffs be better than last year low expectations but they have been disappointing as I have them projected at maybe 5 wins but I need that 7 to feel better about the team. Playoffs!?!? Pfft forget about that i will eat serious crow if they make the post season it ain't happening
    Last edited by Broncoyearound; 10-16-2019 at 03:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    DB....I've been a bit down on this team so far, and like you, I need some proof. But this AFC is not exactly kicking it just yet, and who would've thought that The Raiders would be in wild card position....I know it's early. Maybe Gruden and Mayock are changing things, because they lost AB (hmmm...maybe that was the turning point!), and one of their first rounders is out for the season.

Regardless, teams look beatable again.....and yes to those who have supported them much kinder than I, with a bit of luck/timely plays, this team could be 3 and 3, maybe 4 and 2. But not going to get deep into "what ifs". lets do it the way it counts....on the scoreboard.
    The biggest factor against the Broncos will be the officials. Seems like Denver has been getting a ton of penalties (whether warranted or not) IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Broncoyearound View Post
    I just want us to win 7 games forget the playoffs be better than last year low expectations but they have been disappointing as I have them projected at maybe 5 wins but I need that 7 to feel better about the team. Playoffs!?!? Pfft forget about that i will eat serious crow if they make the post season it ain't happening
    Probably don't have to wait but 30 hours to have a grasp on if the playoffs are anywhere near a possibility. After tomorrow's game we'll know the fate of the Broncos this season. Not mathematically --- but instinctually

Actually .....if Broncos win, considering the Chiefs are banged up --- could astericize the W.
    Red 98

Quote Originally Posted by dizzolve View Post
    Probably don't have to wait but 30 hours to have a grasp on if the playoffs are anywhere near a possibility. After tomorrow's game we'll know the fate of the Broncos this season. Not mathematically --- but instinctually

Actually .....if Broncos win, considering the Chiefs are banged up --- could astericize the W.
    I hope so. I think most of us expected us to be in an better place at this point in time. However if they can put it together and make a run at things I'd recant the statement that Elway needs to go and we need a full rebuild. I will say we arent without our flaws but with this coaching staff we could be headed for good things to come in the upcoming years.

I know I am not thinking about playoffs. This is a pivotal season though in terms of how bad we might clamour for change. I mean if we were 4-12 3-13 most of us would want to blow it up but, if the team finishes about 7-9 8-8 9-7 I mean there is hope there. We would be intrigued 1, because we started 0-4 and the team dug out and improved under a 1st year coach. 2, it buys Elway at least another year, 3 if they make a change at qb and we finish with that kind of record maybe we have a guy in Denver in Drew Lock as he would rack up wins. At this point though no need to play Lock. Flacco hasn't been terrible and no he hasn't been great. I just don't think his play warrants benching for Lock just yet.

Lot of stuff still yet to play out but I'm looking at things other than playoffs. Now dont get me wrong we make the playoffs I'm beyond ecstatic even more than Tyson lol but my expectations were never high this year to begin with but with that start we all got popped in the mouth. I like how they are responding as the team is showing fight and still competing. It would be real easy for some guys to have packed it in and coasted but they play hard and at the end of the day I can only respect it.

Long post but just my thoughts.

We will have to see what happens tomorrow night. That will prove what we are or aren't capable of. Lose on Thursday and the division becomes near impossible to win, which is one of the biggest implications on making playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Broncoyearound View Post
    I hope so. I think most of us expected us to be in an better place at this point in time. However if they can put it together and make a run at things I'd recant the statement that Elway needs to go and we need a full rebuild. I will say we arent without our flaws but with this coaching staff we could be headed for good things to come in the upcoming years.

I know I am not thinking about playoffs. This is a pivotal season though in terms of how bad we might clamour for change. I mean if we were 4-12 3-13 most of us would want to blow it up but, if the team finishes about 7-9 8-8 9-7 I mean there is hope there. We would be intrigued 1, because we started 0-4 and the team dug out and improved under a 1st year coach. 2, it buys Elway at least another year, 3 if they make a change at qb and we finish with that kind of record maybe we have a guy in Denver in Drew Lock as he would rack up wins. At this point though no need to play Lock. Flacco hasn't been terrible and no he hasn't been great. I just don't think his play warrants benching for Lock just yet.

Lot of stuff still yet to play out but I'm looking at things other than playoffs. Now dont get me wrong we make the playoffs I'm beyond ecstatic even more than Tyson lol but my expectations were never high this year to begin with but with that start we all got popped in the mouth. I like how they are responding as the team is showing fight and still competing. It would be real easy for some guys to have packed it in and coasted but they play hard and at the end of the day I can only respect it.

Long post but just my thoughts.
    I say....this. ^^^^
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich