Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    Love the enthusiasm. They have to finish 6-3 just to go 8-8. I agree the division is looking worse than we anticipated. They still have to win games, though. If they can pull off a win in Indy it might look a little more promising. We shall see. My expectations are pretty low.

The Broncos, after losing a game that might have swung things completely around, are still within reach of a playoff berth. Seems wild, but The AFC is underperforming, with only 5 teams over 500, and only 6 at 500 or above. Whereas The NFC has 8 teams above 500 and 10 at 500 or above. That may not sound like a huge difference but it is. the fact that 4 more teams are at 500 and up makes it so much harder for NFC teams to make the playoffs. Remember, with only 2 wildcards, that means that, based on current standings, one or more good teams wil not make the NFC playoffs, whereas we may see an ordinary AFC team get in.

For me, Buffalo is one of the AFC wild cards. They have the D and some potential on O. After that, based on today's positions, Houston is the next best bet. But after that it's not clear cut by any means, and if Buffalo or Houston falter a little, almost any AFC team has a shot (excl. Miami and The Bengals). Three wins puts you on the doorstep!

However....based on what we are observing about The Broncs, there are not deserving at this time. Sure, formats are formats, and average teams have made it before, but like Aikman said last night, The NFC might require at least 10 wins to get a wild card.

I lean towards all the other threads around here, about fixing the team, and using this year as a starting point towards our "improved" team. Not even sure how that translates to playoffs this season??? Hey, take things as they come....BUT be proactive in the background.
    Last edited by CanDB; 10-21-2019 at 07:27 AM.

Special thanks to Sam_Z for the SB rings collage above

Poor can, tries to be optimistic and the team blows up in his face.

Gonna be a long rest of the season.

As bad as this season started we're still only two games out of the wild-card.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel B. View Post
    LOL. Definitely my favorite coach rant of all time. Applicable to our situation for sure.

At a certain point you just have to be honest about this team. It's over.

You probably thought we still had a chance to beat the Niner's in the Superbowl too when we were down 55-10. Fat lady is singing loud and clear.......

Also, there was a time when teams feared coming to Mile High. Rarely would we lose a game at home. Now it seems to be the norm. Losing 3 of 4 at home, hard to swallow.......

Quote Originally Posted by JW7 View Post
    Do you really believe this or are you just being dramatic?
    I really believe that. If they can't score more than 6 points against a team's bench warmers, how in the world will they ever win a game?

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    How much would you bet on that?
    After what I saw on Thursday against a bunch of non starters, I would bet the farm.