Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    I keep hoping to see news that we’ve traded him. What are we waiting for? He won’t resign here, he doesn’t want to be part of a rebuild, a competitive team will give him too dollar. If we can get a 2nd or even a 3rd out of him why the heck not?

Quote Originally Posted by KWHIT97 View Post
    I keep hoping to see news that we’ve traded him. What are we waiting for? He won’t resign here, he doesn’t want to be part of a rebuild, a competitive team will give him too dollar. If we can get a 2nd or even a 3rd out of him why the heck not?
    Maybe they’re hoping he will resign in the offseason, or they’re waiting till the last minute

I think our secondary is too depleted to trade him now, and probably the value we would get for him right now wouldn't exceed what we'll get in the form of a compensatory level pick.

Quote Originally Posted by KWHIT97 View Post
    According to Schlereth and Kliss, there is an agreement in the contract that states “the Broncos cannot renegotiate with CHJ until the end of the 2019 season”.

They pretty much guaranteed to CHJ that they would allow him to become a free agent without any franchise tags or long term extensions to lock him up.

Based on that, I could almost guarantee that CHJ will not be a bronco post 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by Skylan View Post
    I think our secondary is too depleted to trade him now, and probably the value we would get for him right now wouldn't exceed what we'll get in the form of a compensatory level pick.
    I heard Elway was offering a fourth with CHJ for a second.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    I heard Elway was offering a fourth with CHJ for a second.
    I've seen that 6 teams are interested. Eagles don't want to give up a 2nd. Texans were real interested until they traded for Conley.

Quote Originally Posted by Spice 1 View Post
    I've seen that 6 teams are interested. Eagles don't want to give up a 2nd. Texans were real interested until they traded for Conley.
    Harris with a 4th isn’t bad for a 3rd, but John wants a 2nd. He’s holding firm with this however these picks are just to valuable to hand over especially for an aging CB.
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 10-29-2019 at 11:54 AM.

Well CHJ is staying till the end of the year

No need to trade him when he's going to be a free agent anyways. Right now we need all the help we can get. Let's face it, we need to sign him to new deal anyways. He's one of the best in the league. What are we going to do, let him go and get what in return? Callalhan to be was waste of money...another injury prone player we don't need. Should have picked up Ramsey when trade talks where on the table. How many 1st Round Draft picks CB's exploded their first year? Not very many..Keep Harris and the rest of our Defense and fix the Offense. Start by firing the OC, cause his play calling is weak, not aggressive enough and overall doesn't work!

This was another debacle by Elway. It was a one yr contract and it's obvious CHJ wants to get paid and Elway doesnt wanna pony up. He should have been traded . Were not going anywhere this year so it would have been nice to get some draft stock . Instead we get to watch him just walk away.

Harris should fetch a third round comp pick, no? Maybe no team would surrender a pick higher than a 4th?

I’m ticked we didn’t offer a package to get LT Trent Williams. Having Trent and Risner protecting Lock’s left side would’ve helped the kid.

Quote Originally Posted by orange crush75 View Post
    This was another debacle by Elway. It was a one yr contract and it's obvious CHJ wants to get paid and Elway doesnt wanna pony up. He should have been traded . Were not going anywhere this year so it would have been nice to get some draft stock . Instead we get to watch him just walk away.
    Walk away for a 3rd round comp pick and also there may be interest to bring him back next year. I get wanting to trade older vets for picks but you can't just give away a top flight corner.

Quote Originally Posted by fraguela09 View Post
    Harris should fetch a third round comp pick, no? Maybe no team would surrender a pick higher than a 4th?

I’m ticked we didn’t offer a package to get LT Trent Williams. Having Trent and Risner protecting Lock’s left side would’ve helped the kid.
    I'm guessing they wanted a 1st plus a pick, especially after they leaked the Browns offered a 2nd. That's a high price for a 31 year old with a scary injury history.

From what I understood...

Elway held out for a 2nd rounder
    A comp pick will most likely land a 3rd rounder
    CHJ wife is expecting and due any day - he wants to finish the season here.
    Word is the only offer was Detroit for a 3rd.

I think all things considered, not trading him is okay.

It gives CHJ his desire to stay here, and you still have a comp pick coming.
    They didn't do CHJ a dirty and send him to Detroit while his wife is about to have a baby.
    It's doubtful he signs with Denver, but it looks like they did the right thing with him (this time).

Most likely Justin Simmons as well.

Trading CHJ would had freed up money to extend Simmons who is quietly having the best season of any NFL safety but

“In Elway we trust”.