Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Plus, maybe now we re-sign Harris. Maybe reading Harris meant Simmons wanted to walk too. So many variables to consider.

Quote Originally Posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
    Well there it is there. That answered my question. Its a good decision by Elway , so I take back my last post . Ty for posting

Elway needs to extend Simmons now!

If the reason for not trading Harris is to get a 3rd round compensatory pick, they better get it. It’s not guaranteed. It could be less or it be nothing.

It basically means they don’t intend to be very active in free agency. They better hit on their draft picks.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I won’t Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KWHIT97 View Post
    Simmons will make the call. He might not want to stay in Denver.

Broncos have 7 picks in first 4 rounds already. I prefer keeping Harris instead of getting a third round pick.

If a team wanted Harris, pay up. DEN shouldnt be in the biz of helping other teams win games in Jan.

I am actually Happy that CHJ stays with the Denver Broncos this Year !! WTG Chris now go get that Interception that you almost had vs the Colts !

Quote Originally Posted by broncolee View Post
    If the reason for not trading Harris is to get a 3rd round compensatory pick, they better get it. It’s not guaranteed. It could be less or it be nothing.

It basically means they don’t intend to be very active in free agency. They better hit on their draft picks.
    That’s like counting on a winning lottery ticket to pay your mortgage. Good luck with that.

Quote Originally Posted by KWHIT97 View Post
    Yes he does!!!!!
    We can’t let him make it to the offseason not locked up for the 3 to 5 years.

Kiszla’s word on Chris Harris Jr two days before the trade deadline:

“Well, there’s not even two more days for Harris in Denver, unless Broncos general manager John Elway discovers the harsh truth prior to Tuesday, when the league’s annual trade deadline expires. It could well be contending NFL teams don’t value a 30-year-old cornerback in the final weeks of his contract as much as Harris loves himself.”

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Kiszla’s word on Chris Harris Jr two days before the trade deadline:

“Well, there’s not even two more days for Harris in Denver, unless Broncos general manager John Elway discovers the harsh truth prior to Tuesday, when the league’s annual trade deadline expires. It could well be contending NFL teams don’t value a 30-year-old cornerback in the final weeks of his contract as much as Harris loves himself.”
    Makes me wonder if this was all a game to get Harris to resign here in the offseason. Elway had to know nobody was going to offer a 2nd for him, just needed to prove to Harris he isn’t as coveted as he thinks he is.

From what I hear, Harris let it be known that wouldn’t sign an extension this year if traded and would test free agency in the offseason. He is 30 but I doubt many teams would trade for a guy that was only gonna be there for the next 8 weeks and then leave. That likely factored in to teams not wanting to make the trade.

From what I have heard, we wanted a 2nd , the Lions offered a 4th and no one budged. Since a 2nd next year would be equal to a 3rd th following year which is when we get our compensatory pic, it makes sense. I would hope that if they had offered a 3rd we would have taken it, but they didn't. I am glad we didn't take anything less than a 3rd. I'll keep him for the rest of the year and let him mentor our young cbs and take a chance on the compensatory if he does not resign. I am not expecting him to resign. He
    Last edited by FL BRONCO; 10-29-2019 at 07:41 PM.
    My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Quote Originally Posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
    Makes me wonder if this was all a game to get Harris to resign here in the offseason. Elway had to know nobody was going to offer a 2nd for him, just needed to prove to Harris he isn’t as coveted as he thinks he is.
    One of the guys on 104.3 The Fan talked about this the other day. I can’t remember which segment they talked about Elway believing Harris will not find the market as generous as he believes. I think it’s also teams coveting a 2nd rd pick for a young player vs a proven player on the other side of 30. I would think Harris can get a fairly good contract, something like Kareem Jackson.