Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    Harris needs to quit with the whole "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!!?" hands in the air act every time a reception is caught ON him, or near him.

He's a great player, but he's never been one to avoid pointing the finger at another teammate. HARDLY a comparison to the GOAT Champ Bailey - who went about his game in a quiet and respectful manner.

Quote Originally Posted by Peerless View Post
    Harris needs to quit with the whole "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!!?" hands in the air act every time a reception is caught ON him, or near him.

He's a great player, but he's never been one to avoid pointing the finger at another teammate. HARDLY a comparison to the GOAT Champ Bailey - who went about his game in a quiet and respectful manner.
    Chris is really getting on my nerves with that nonsense. Itís a bad look and shows a lack of accountability and leadership.

Even when he makes a play and a team mate comes to celebrate with him ........ he blows them off half the time. C'mon man.........spread the love
    Red 98

The early bird may get the worm, but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese

Iím a bit concerned about the Depth at CB. Devontae and Duke have looked decent, but Iím not yet convinced they can both be future starters. Who knows if Bryce will ever be the same.

Honestly, Iím not so sure CHJ is worth what he thinks he is and I wonít be upset if he isnít re-signed. I just think CB is another significant concern going into the offseason along with QB and o-line.

Quote Originally Posted by dizzolve View Post
    Even when he makes a play and a team mate comes to celebrate with him ........ he blows them off half the time. C'mon man.........spread the love
    When someone else gets a turnover heís usually the first one there celebrating with them.

People can complain all they want about pointing blame at others when his man gets a big play but more often than not itís because the help wasnít where it was supposed to be, the Diggs TD being a perfect example. Both the CB and the S got caught up in the action in front of them because of the rollout you donít expect a QB to hang on to the ball that long so they completely left their zone, with the defense playing Cover 3, Harris shouldnít be running all the way to the other side of the field and since he plays the WR and doesnít watch the QB he likely never noticed the rollout so he let Diggs run through the other 2 deep 3rds that shouldíve had Jackson and the other Harris there. Generally when you see a post route you see some form of wheel or corner route coming behind it so thatís likely what Harris expected since he didnít see the rollout, if he did he likely tries to get over the top of Diggs at the top of his route. Holding his hands up after a play is just his way of trying to hold guys accountable he even does it when his guy doesnít get the catch. Itís no different than when Manning railed on Matt Willis after a pick because he ran the wrong route.

Harris established himself as an elite CB by playing within the frame of the defense and knowing where everyone else is supposed to be so he can leverage his WR in a way that takes him out of the play. When guys arenít where they are supposed to be heís going to be badly out of position because heís playing to that help.

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    When someone else gets a turnover he’s usually the first one there celebrating with them.

People can complain all they want about pointing blame at others when his man gets a big play but more often than not it’s because the help wasn’t where it was supposed to be, the Diggs TD being a perfect example. Both the CB and the S got caught up in the action in front of them because of the rollout you don’t expect a QB to hang on to the ball that long so they completely left their zone, with the defense playing Cover 3, Harris shouldn’t be running all the way to the other side of the field and since he plays the WR and doesn’t watch the QB he likely never noticed the rollout so he let Diggs run through the other 2 deep 3rds that should’ve had Jackson and the other Harris there. Generally when you see a post route you see some form of wheel or corner route coming behind it so that’s likely what Harris expected since he didn’t see the rollout, if he did he likely tries to get over the top of Diggs at the top of his route. Holding his hands up after a play is just his way of trying to hold guys accountable he even does it when his guy doesn’t get the catch. It’s no different than when Manning railed on Matt Willis after a pick because he ran the wrong route.

Harris established himself as an elite CB by playing within the frame of the defense and knowing where everyone else is supposed to be so he can leverage his WR in a way that takes him out of the play. When guys aren’t where they are supposed to be he’s going to be badly out of position because he’s playing to that help.

Totally Agree. The Sad thing is when he leaves our Secondary will be Worse Off.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    I donít think itís an issue with effort. Harris Jr never had elite speed but his talent combined with technique were a great combination. Kareem Jackson was out of position on the touchdown to Diggs. However, CHJ was in coverage and couldnít keep up. He didnít play well vs Browns and not just the gamble on the ball vs Beckham. Mayfield didnít see a couple of wide open receivers with CHJ covering poorly. Itís not just the big plays like yesterday vs Diggs. In the game vs KC he was in full stride when Hill slowed down to catch a pass from Moore. Even with Hill slowing down Harris couldnít keep up. IMO heís turned the corner and losing a step. It happens to every cornerback at some point. In his case I think heís trending in that direction.
    I think he has a few more years in him before he starts declining ...

Adopted Bronco - 2016/17 - Trevor Siemian
    Adopted Bronco - 2017/18 - Chris Harris Jr. # 25 to every player he covers
    Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe
    Adopted Bronco - 2019/20 - Shelby Harris

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7
    I donít think itís an issue with effort. Harris Jr never had elite speed but his talent combined with technique were a great combination. Kareem Jackson was out of position on the touchdown to Diggs. However, CHJ was in coverage and couldnít keep up. He didnít play well vs Browns and not just the gamble on the ball vs Beckham. Mayfield didnít see a couple of wide open receivers with CHJ covering poorly. Itís not just the big plays like yesterday vs Diggs. In the game vs KC he was in full stride when Hill slowed down to catch a pass from Moore. Even with Hill slowing down Harris couldnít keep up. IMO heís turned the corner and losing a step. It happens to every cornerback at some point. In his case I think heís trending in that direction.
    I agree, and itís becoming more and more evident. CHJ still has the ability to somewhat blanket guy competition but not in the same sense as he once did.

I think this defense is young and I think they are starting to gel together finally.
    They are starting to play together and for each other and if I had to pick between Justin Simmons and Chris Harris Junior, I would definitely pick Justin Simmons who should be cheaper than Harris.

If I had to pick between CHJ and Kareem Jackson as a leader, it would definitely be Kareem Jackson. I love Chris Harris Jr however at this point he seems to becoming an old grump. Whenever he makes a mistake or somebody else makes a mistake, heís always on someone back for it.

Not saying that is completely a bad thing but you also have to encourage that somebody and treat them like a human being, build their confidence, not destroy unless they are a habitual offender making the same mistake over and over like Garrett Bolles.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    I agree, and itís becoming more and more evident. CHJ still has the ability to somewhat blanket guy competition but not in the same sense as he once did.

I think this defense is young and I think they are starting to gel together finally.
    They are starting to play together and for each other and if I had to pick between Justin Simmons and Chris Harris Junior, I would definitely pick Justin Simmons who should be cheaper than Harris.

If I had to pick between CHJ and Kareem Jackson as a leader, it would definitely be Kareem Jackson. I love Chris Harris Jr however at this point he seems to becoming an old grump. Whenever he makes a mistake or somebody else makes a mistake, heís always on someone back for it.

Not saying that is completely a bad thing but you also have to encourage that somebody and treat them like a human being, build their confidence, not destroy unless they are a habitual offender making the same mistake over and over like Garrett Bolles.
    Oh what I would do to be a 30 year old grump.

Quote Originally Posted by Sophia23 View Post
    I think he has a few more years in him before he starts declining ...
    He has a few more years. I think the decline has begun. He can be a solid contributor but not to cover guys with elite speed.

When does the nickname of Chris "Strap" Harris officially get removed ? I'm thinking Chris "Arrogant, Finger Pointing, Toast" Harris is a little more accurate.

Chris has always had trouble with elite speed guys. Heís best in the slot. I can remember Antonio Brown torching him the year we won the super bowl, or TY Hilton setting him on fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Chris has always had trouble with elite speed guys. Heís best in the slot. I can remember Antonio Brown torching him the year we won the super bowl, or TY Hilton setting him on fire.
    Heís also struggled from the slot as of late. Not every play but there are situations where heís just not as good.

Chris Harris has been the man to seemingly give up that big reception in close games too which either allowed a defense to continue a drive during a comeback win, or allowed them to seal one. Should not have given into his pay rise demands during the off-season, especially for one year when he was already under contract, another stroke of genius by Elway.

Even though Harris hasn't been as strong as we're accustomed to in recent seasons, ......... can you even imagine our pass defense without him?

How do you think John Elway feels about that? Although it makes not a lot of logical sense, I just have this strong feeling that Harris is resigned in Denver.
    Red 98

The early bird may get the worm, but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese