Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Pretty sure Elway was quoted with saying:
    "We're trying to win football games," So, no one from our side is on the trading block. We're going to try to continue to win football games."
    And then Sanders was traded.

I don't believe Elway for a minute. I think he knows Harris is gone after the season. He will trade him one way or another... No way we're going to pay a 31-year-old CB top market money. No way.

Quote Originally Posted by Peerless View Post
    Pretty sure Elway was quoted with saying:
    And then Sanders was traded.

I don't believe Elway for a minute. I think he knows Harris is gone after the season. He will trade him one way or another... No way we're going to pay a 31-year-old CB top market money. No way.
    If Callahan were healthy Harris would have been gone by now. The only possible reason Harris stays to finish the season is because they are desperately thin at CB.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    If Callahan were healthy Harris would have been gone by now. The only possible reason Harris stays to finish the season is because they are desperately thin at CB.
    Who is that? Never seen him...

Quote Originally Posted by Peerless View Post
    Who is that? Never seen him...
    If you watch Dirty Harry, Magnum Force, The Enforcer, Sudden Impact or Dead Pool.....I guarantee you’ll see Callahan!

I digress.....it’s looking like we won’t see Callahan until 2020.

And that's one of the things about Elway that has really irked me as of late. He did want to pay CHJ (who has been one of the best DB's in the league for his entire contract and the years before). Yet he over paid for an oft injured Callahan and was willing to let CHJ walk????? It's moves like that that have this team in the state that we're in now. It just goes back to comments that all the "Dawgs" from the 2015 squad have said about the shenanigans by the FO.
    #swapping

Lol, “we’re still trying to win football games”, keyword “trying”, haha!

Elway is a moron.

Seriously, this is turning into another retention debacle. It's come to the point where CHJ is obviously unhappy here and probably will not sign here again. He needs to be traded so we get something for him. I would personally prefer to retain CHJ because he's been an excellent player and we have a depleted secondary. I would certainly have preferred to sign him over Callahan. Still, I think the situation has come to a point where a trade is probably the only solution.

I think Elway should trade Harris.

Harris has been one of the greatest CB's to play for this franchise. An excellent story of defying odds from an undrafted player to a guy who is elite.

Sadly, he doesn't have the physical makeup or physical ability to play deep into his post-prime years. Champ Bailey - the all-time GOAT had not only the mental ability but an excellent physical ability (speed, acceleration, fluid hips) to play into his mid 30s.

Harris (who admittedly relies more on his smarts from his intense studying / dissecting of other offenses and players) doesn't have the athletic gift Bailey had now, or will have into his 30s. Take that into account, and the fact that he wants one last HUGE pay-day - it's a recipe for disaster that could bite the franchise in the ass financailly in the near future..

I would be completely not surprised if Elway does not trade Chris Harris Jr. It would be so like him to keep CHJ for another pointless 9 games in a losing season and watch him walk away anyways, when he could have gotten at least a mid round pick or even better for him. I hope he's lying and trying to drive up CHJ's price, because otherwise he will really be making another mistake here.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    I would be completely not surprised if Elway does not trade Chris Harris Jr. It would be so like him to keep CHJ for another pointless 9 games in a losing season and watch him walk away anyways, when he could have gotten at least a mid round pick or even better for him. I hope he's lying and trying to drive up CHJ's price, because otherwise he will really be making another mistake here.
    What teams are offering us a pick?
    And what rd pick?

Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    What teams are offering us a pick?
    And what rd pick?
    Eagles, allegedly for a decent pick. No details are leaked yet.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    Eagles, allegedly for a decent pick. No details are leaked yet.
    So no facts.

But let’s say eagles offered a 5th and Elway wants a 3rd.

He’s gotta put up a poker face til the deadline, then if he’s gamble doesn’t pay off maybe he pulls the trigger on the 5th.

All I’m saying is I think Elway wants to be wowed with pick instead of just saying this guy is in the block and then having to move him.
    What Elway really wants is two teams to try and outbid each other.
    Having the stance we are good keeping him through the season is the right message.

Sanders asked for a trade, that’s why he’s gone.

Quote Originally Posted by orange crush75 View Post
    How much did the Broncos sign Callahan for ?

I'm getting sick of this trend of I'm not happy trade me . This isnt the NBA ! Makes me sick
    Well let's look at it this way. CHJ took a cheaper deal to stay with Denver. Then Denver "repaid" him by gutting and not adequately replacing those defensive players around him after the SB win. Now add onto that the fact that they have not extended him and are seemingly going to just let him walk.

The risk to him is clear. If I get hurt then I risk 13 to 16 mil a year guaranteed next season and maybe even the season after that. So yea I understand when a player is not willing to risk 26 mil+ over two seasons for a team who has clearly shown him no loyalty and more importantly nearly a complete incompetence in the FO.