Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    So no facts.

But let’s say eagles offered a 5th and Elway wants a 3rd.

He’s gotta put up a poker face til the deadline, then if he’s gamble doesn’t pay off maybe he pulls the trigger on the 5th.

All I’m saying is I think Elway wants to be wowed with pick instead of just saying this guy is in the block and then having to move him.
    What Elway really wants is two teams to try and outbid each other.
    Having the stance we are good keeping him through the season is the right message.

Sanders asked for a trade, that’s why he’s gone.
    Yes, I'm not an idiot. I understand how trades work, and about Sanders' situation. But the reality is that the better move is to take any value you can get before Tuesday for CHJ because he isn't going to be coming back anyways. Even if you get a 5th round pick, you can use it to move up.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    I think heís worth it.
    Oh heís worth it. He isnít helping us win games because everyone else around him is garbage though.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    Yes, I'm not an idiot. I understand how trades work, and about Sanders' situation. But the reality is that the better move is to take any value you can get before Tuesday for CHJ because he isn't going to be coming back anyways. Even if you get a 5th round pick, you can use it to move up.
    This is the best strategic move IMO.

I think its going to happen after our game Sunday [win or lose]

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    CHJ will net a 3rd compensatory pick if not replaced, no way we let him go for anything less than a 3rd, imo

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

Has anyone seen the CB depth on this team? The season is most likely lost but you trade Harris and you become even less competitive. That could be incredibly demoralizing for such a young team. The players still want to win the games on the schedule as do the coaches. Fans want a higher draft pick and more capital for the future.

With that said, I think you have to move Harris if we lose this weekend. I wouldn't just give him away though. If there isn't a 2nd or 1st being offered then you have to decline. Especially since Harris will most likely receive a 3rd round comp pick when he becomes a free agent.

The other option is to resign him. He is still playing at an incredibly high level and has the right attitude. I'm all for the youth movement but this team still needs leaders in the locker room. If he is open to staying, I try my best to resign him in the off-season.
    Last edited by JW7; 10-25-2019 at 08:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JW7 View Post
    Has anyone seen the CB depth on this team? The season is most likely lost but you trade Harris and you become even less competitive. That could be incredibly demoralizing for such a young team. The players still want to win the games on the schedule and as do the coaches. Fans want a higher draft pick and more capital for the future.

With that said, I think you have to move Harris if we lose this weekend. I wouldn't just give him away though. If there isn't a 2nd or 1st being offered then you have to decline. Especially since Harris will most likely receive a 3rd round comp pick when he becomes a free agent.

The other option is to resign him. He is still playing at an incredibly high level and has the right attitude. I'm all for the youth movement but this team still needs leaders in the locker room. If he is open to staying, I try my best to resign him in the off-season.
    I would prefer to see him stay as well. The thing is, I actually think the probability CHJ wants to stay is pretty low. He didn't get an extension and Elway turned around and signed a lesser CB who was injured at the time and has yet to see the field. Sends a clear message IMO. There's always a chance fences can be mended, but it's looking a little bleak.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    If you watch Dirty Harry, Magnum Force, The Enforcer, Sudden Impact or Dead Pool.....I guarantee youíll see Callahan!

I digress.....itís looking like we wonít see Callahan until 2020.
    If at all. I had a Physicians Assistant on my contract in Baghdad 15 years ago tell me that foot injuries are the absolute worst things to deal with. He worked at an ER in LA and would see bad foot injuries turn into amputations or massive disability all the time. Two of the guys I work with have had foot surgery in the last 2 years and neither of them can move like they used to.
    All it takes to win is doing whatever it takes to win: COMMITMENT

Quote Originally Posted by Letswinplz77 View Post
    If at all. I had a Physicians Assistant on my contract in Baghdad 15 years ago tell me that foot injuries are the absolute worst things to deal with. He worked at an ER in LA and would see bad foot injuries turn into amputations or massive disability all the time. Two of the guys I work with have had foot surgery in the last 2 years and neither of them can move like they used to.
    Spot on. I have a family member experience foot injury in the military. Multiple surgeries and hasnít been the same. Ended up retiring early with disability - very successful career as an aviator cut short due to the on-going foot problems. Most of the damage was done while he was in infantry before becoming an aviator. As far as Callahan goes, itís probably best not to try to return this season. We arenít privy to the information but by all reports it sounds like heís done.

http://thesportsdaily.com/2019/10/25...-chris-harris/

Just going to leave that right here

Might be nothing. But...hey. Saw it, had to post it

Quote Originally Posted by DN1218 View Post

Thanks for posting.

No surprise especially the Eagles. A former Eagles linebacker posted on his blog Harris will be in Philadelphia.

Quote Originally Posted by DN1218 View Post

Thanks for posting. I true, that would be good for us. But we should definitely not be playing him Sunday and risking injury.
    My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Quote Originally Posted by FL BRONCO View Post
    Thanks for posting. I true, that would be good for us. But we should definitely not be playing him Sunday and risking injury.
    Or on the flip side, he goes out and lights it up and just makes those teams want him that much more.

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

Harris Jr. can't be franchised. I don't have the link, but it was reported that an agreement was reached when the team gave him the raise this year that he could not be franchised next year. So our only options are trade, try to re-sign, or let walk.
    All it takes to win is doing whatever it takes to win: COMMITMENT

I think our secondary will still be good without CHJ. We can use that money to sign some good veteran OL or LBs. Or maybe look for a good TE or WR. Theres no point in having a lockdown corner if we cant score points