• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • obi-groo
    Practice Squad
    • Aug 2013

Originally posted by Mainrnxile View Post
    Troy Aikman on Denver: "This is about as bad an offense as I've ever seen. I'm shocked that there's, there's... still people here at the game!"

Not sure if Aikman is complimenting Denver fans, or saying they have nothing better to do with their lives...
    There must have been a lot of Chiefs fans there. I could have sworn I heard the tomahawk chop late in the game.

Comment

• justabroncosfan
      Starter
      • Sep 2015

Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
      The entire offensive line needs to be tweaked before anything else.

Hindsight is 20/20 but damn Noah Fant looked so scared out there tonight. We should’ve went with a linemen at 20.
      So far I've seen Noah Fant get the ball stripped away from him (I forget what game, but it was embarrassing to watch), completely lose sight of a ball thrown to him only to have it intercepted off of his back (Titans?), and drop two catchable passes last night against the Chiefs. The kid is soft.

The thing that really irks me is when he has a bad play and the cameras pan to him on the sideline, he's pouting. Players pat him as if to say "you'll get them next time" and he's just staring straight ahead with pursed lips and furrowed eyebrows like a kid who didn't get their way.

I have no faith in Noah Fant. He's soft.

Comment

• justabroncosfan
        Starter
        • Sep 2015

Originally posted by Mainrnxile View Post
        Troy Aikman on Denver: "This is about as bad an offense as I've ever seen. I'm shocked that there's, there's... still people here at the game!"

Not sure if Aikman is complimenting Denver fans, or saying they have nothing better to do with their lives...
        Aikman also remarked (accurately) that the Bronco's "were waving the white flag" since they were running the ball instead of trying to win the game. This was with 8+ minutes left in the game and being down three scores. I know it's unlikely to win that late down by so many points, but it's still possible. At least try! As desperate as the Broncos were playing in the 1st quarter, it baffled me that they called quits so early and easily (AGAINST MATT MOORE!).

Comment

• Saddletramp
          Captain
          • Nov 2005

Kinda glad my tv quit and I can't afford a new one........
          [URL=http://s93.photobucket.com/user/Saddletramp69/media/asdf.jpg.html][/URL
          Adopted player Lindsey

Comment

• arapaho
            reserved for losing bet
            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by baphamet View Post
            never get how bad? ask the chiefs and raiders fans how it feels because both those franchises (who both have rings mind you) have had decade long streaks of losing. broncos fans are the only ones that have not endured that, at least the fans under 50.

your team is awful, my team is awful. but the chargers still have a lot of talent on both sides of the ball, young talent. the broncos have CHJ, von miller, sanders.......pretty much all their best players getting older and likely to be gone soon. even the chargers back up QB looks better than what you have had at QB since manning retired.

sure man, keep thinking it wont get that bad, it can always get worse and from the looks of it, it has every year for the broncos since winning that SB.

I’m gonna say this again bap, I don’t really think the chargers are as bad as it seems

The broncos, they ain’t that bad outside Flacco and the OTs but they are not coached well

I would fire scrangrello today... he sucks, experiment over

I would bench Flacco today
            Allen will suck but at least he might be able to recognize a blitz or move in the pocket, or god forbid rush for two yards

I would bench Wilkinson and Bolles today
            Find a couple garbage tackles, same result
            But not rewarding their horrible play

And tell James get out of the tub and quit milking a kicked knee

Now I have to limit my time before my emotions gets me banned again
            sigpic
            when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

• Sam_Z
              Banned User
              • Dec 2004

Originally posted by baphamet View Post
              laugh all you want but you know as well as i do which team will get back on track faster and which team is loaded with talent.
              Uh the chargers part of that statement was sarcasm

Comment

• arapaho
                reserved for losing bet
                • Mar 2004

Originally posted by justabroncosfan View Post
                So far I've seen Noah Fant get the ball stripped away from him (I forget what game, but it was embarrassing to watch), completely lose sight of a ball thrown to him only to have it intercepted off of his back (Titans?), and drop two catchable passes last night against the Chiefs. The kid is soft.

The thing that really irks me is when he has a bad play and the cameras pan to him on the sideline, he's pouting. Players pat him as if to say "you'll get them next time" and he's just staring straight ahead with pursed lips and furrowed eyebrows like a kid who didn't get their way.

I have no faith in Noah Fant. He's soft.

He’s a rookie that should be shown his lack of effort and intensity will not be rewarded by starting or playing again

We need Butt and Lock off IR
                sigpic

Comment

• Sam_Z
                  Banned User
                  • Dec 2004

Originally posted by arapaho View Post
                  I’m gonna say this again bap, I don’t really think the chargers are as bad as it seems

The broncos, they ain’t that bad outside Flacco and the OTs but they are not coached well

Allen will suck but at least he might be able to recognize a blitz or move in the pocket, or god forbid rush for two yards

Bad coaching huh, so Jack Del Rio, Vance Joseph, Rick Dennison, Brian Pariani, Mike McCoy, Bill Musgrave, Joe Woods, Gary Kubiak and now Rich Scangarello with the great OTs, Center, and TEs that Elway gave him is wrong!

Yeah keep telling yourself this garbage.

Now I can agree that Scangarello is bad and just drawing crap up in the sand but Elway ultimately made the decision over everyone to put Scangarello in place.

Anyone can script plays but not everyone can call plays on the fly, so I agree about Scang but John ignorantly put him in place. Lazy and incompetent, guy is incapable of doing actual research!
                  Last edited by Sam_Z; 10-18-2019, 08:12 AM.

Comment

• arapaho
                    reserved for losing bet
                    • Mar 2004

Bad coaching huh, so Jack Del Rio, Vance Joseph, Rick Dennison, Brian Pariani, Mike McCoy, Bill Musgrave, Joe Woods, Gary Kubiak and now Rich Scangarello with the great OTs, Center, and TEs that Elway gave him is wrong!

Yeah keep telling yourself this garbage.

Now I can agree that Scangarello is bad and just drawing crap up in the sand but Elway ultimately made the decision over everyone to put Scangarello in place.

Anyone can script plays but not everyone can call plays on the fly, so I agree about Scang but John ignorantly put him in place. Lazy and incompetent, guy is incapable of doing actual research!
                    again your blaming Elway for everything...as usual

elways gets the blame for crap like flacco

but Fangio and scrangrello have other Tes on the team, Fangio could easily bench fant until he gets it, fango could tell j james to quit milking a kicked knee for two months, a injury wolfe came back from in a week

and no Fangio as the Head coach hired scrangrello...ALL HEAD COACHES...PICK THEIR OWN STAFF !!!
                    sigpic

Comment

• Sam_Z
                      Banned User
                      • Dec 2004

Not true

All we did was convert money we would pay Flacco this year and carry it til next year unless we sign somebody and use it

He could still be cut by paying him the money he gave up this year
                      Either way we still paying the exact amount
                      They have 13 million in dead money tied into Flacco due to the restructure. I know you want to defend Elway but this move seems like a deliberate attempt to screw over the franchise.
                      Not saying that is but it suggest that he is just not a very smart football GM and you’re defending that.

John Harbaugh said last off-season that Joe Flacco cannot get away from the pass rush anymore therefore he could not play him.

Soon after that John Elway goes and trades for him and says he’s in his prime. Let that sink in.
                      Last edited by Sam_Z; 10-18-2019, 09:42 AM.

Comment

• Sam_Z
                        Banned User
                        • Dec 2004

again your blaming Elway for everything...as usual

elways gets the blame for crap like flacco

but Fangio and scrangrello have other Tes on the team, Fangio could easily bench fant until he gets it, fango could tell j james to quit milking a kicked knee for two months, a injury wolfe came back from in a week

and no Fangio as the Head coach hired scrangrello...ALL HEAD COACHES...PICK THEIR OWN STAFF !!!
                        Ok so with Fangios and Munchaks credibility, why didn’t they play Heuerman or Beck? Hmm I don’t think it is so easy to bench a guy when the GM won’t give you complete power to do all of that.

Fangio has to pull teeth just to bench Gotsis and Jewell. Yes Elway is to blame for everything.

The ridiculous whispers today is that John is actually desperately contemplating trading Von Miller for cam Newton if Available However he still has to eat $13 million he Committed the franchise to Paying Joe Flacco just a few weeks ago.

I’m not saying this is going to happen but there are whispers that he’s thinking about it

Comment

• arapaho
                          reserved for losing bet
                          • Mar 2004

in fact we can look at that game and as a view of the horrible coaching

the chiefs had like 6 sacks in the last five or six games...and came here and waylaid our line,for 8 sacks...8!! we all know wilk isn't a starter, he wasn't meant to be, with james there they could float help to bolles side...they sucked against the run and stopped us cold

a good OC would see what they were doing and counter it...the chiefs sold out to stop the run and blitzed...we had no answer...none

how do most teams slow a pass rusher?...chipping with a RB and then hitting him on a screen? mismatches and a quick passing game...how about going shot gun and hitting some catch and throw slants

scrangrello may become a great OC ...but right now he is clueless and a detriment to the offense in MY opinion
                          sigpic

Comment

• baphamet
                            Family Trust Beer
                            • Nov 2006

with an OL like that most QB's would struggle and it's the main reason why the chargers offense has struggled thus far as well, aside from the drops that have been primarily by one dude. rivers looks washed up and sub mediocre behind a line that cant protect him. which is why i say if it doesn't improve soon they may as well put taylor out there who can at least make plays on the move.

Comment

• dizzolve
                              Orange Rush
                              • Mar 2009

I don't have much reason to..........

I don't have much reason to come back around here anymore this season
                              I don't have much reason to watch the Broncos anymore this season
                              I don't have much reason to believe in John Elway's plan for the team after how many years
                              I don't have much reason to punish myself investing myself in this team
                              I don't have much reason to think Bolles will ever 'get it'
                              I don't have much reason to think Fant is something special
                              I don't have much reason to think Flacco can overcome this OL.
                              I don't have much reason to feel any better about this loss than that 52pt Raider game
                              I don't have much reason to buy into the team is putting out
                              I don't have much reason to think we'll even see Lock this year
                              I don't have much reason to finish this reply

Only reason I'm here is just to see how much damage was done. I wanted to look at this wreck as I drive by. And it's just as gory as any I've seen
                              Last edited by Peanut; 10-18-2019, 04:13 PM.
                              The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

• arapaho
                                reserved for losing bet
                                • Mar 2004

They have 13 million in dead money tied into Flacco due to the restructure. I know you want to defend Elway but this move seems like a deliberate attempt to screw over the franchise.
                                Not saying that is but it suggest that he is just not a very smart football GM and you’re defending that.

John Harbaugh said last off-season that Joe Flacco cannot get away from the pass rush anymore therefore he could not play him.

Soon after that John Elway goes and trades for him and says he’s in his prime. Let that sink in.
                                look

if I owe you 22 dollars, but paying you that money means I cant gas if I need to go somewhere...and so instead of paying you 22 dollars we both agree that I can pay you half today, and half tomorrow if I don't need to use the money

I still owe the same 22 dollars

we had zero cap left with flaccos full cap hit...flacco agreed to restructure so that we only pay him half this year and owe him half next...we still have that 11 mill in cap space created by his restructure which if we don't use it to bring in another player...that money will simply be paid to flacco next year when hes cut
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X