Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Noah Fant

Fant is soft. I've watched enough football to recognize a player who, no matter how much physical talent he might possess, is limited by his mental weaknesses.

I will be very surprised if Fant becomes anything other than an occasional receiver in the NFL. I don't see him ever being a difference maker or a match up nightmare or anything defenses need to prepare for.

Quote Originally Posted by Narco View Post
    Fant is soft. I've watched enough football to recognize a player who, no matter how much physical talent he might possess, is limited by his mental weaknesses.

I will be very surprised if Fant becomes anything other than an occasional receiver in the NFL. I don't see him ever being a difference maker or a match up nightmare or anything defenses need to prepare for.
    Yeah, you would have said the same thing about Shannon Sharpe ( see his first two seasons) Elway would t let them cut him and kid went onto a HOF career.
    Some players are great at the start others take time.
    He needs to focus on catching the ball, looks scared but he is a rookie. Physically he has all the tools

I seem to remember people calling Chubb a bust last season too.

Maybe Fant is a bust...maybe not. Too soon to know.
    All I want for Christmas is a Bronco QB controversy

Defenses are already preparing for him, very rarely do I see LB covering him, itís almost always a DB. Thatís significant because if itís a S the defense will generally be in a Cover 1 or Cover 0 coverage which gives Sutton and Sanders those one on ones. If Heuerman was getting these reps weíd see a lot of two high safety looks and our offense would be even more short horizontal routes than it already is.

There are very few LBs that can run with him so you wonít see them manning him up unless heís running through their zone and defenses have very little reason to play zone because everyone aside from Sutton is struggling to create separation in man. Sanders has cooled down significantly and no one else has stepped up as the 3rd WR. Fant has been creating separation, heís just not catching the ball real well at this point but I have a feeling heís overwhelmed right now and next season when heís more comfortable with the game speed and the offense we wonít be seeing these mistakes

Quote Originally Posted by Hadez View Post
    I seem to remember people calling Chubb a bust last season too.

Maybe Fant is a bust...maybe not. Too soon to know.
    There was a thread that said Chubb was over-hyped. In 7 games Chubb had 15 solo tackles, 5 tackles for loss, 9 QB hits and 6.5 sacks.

Chubb was an immediate contributor. Fant hasnít contributed in a meaningful way. If anything heís been a liability with poor blocking, dropped passes, turnover and penalties.

Itís too early to call but heís played poorly.

yeah. I can see him actually generating some stats .......... years away from now. But if I had to bet my life savings today -- I doubt he's a 'big game' player. But ...... I haven't lost all hope. Rookies can be strange creatures. His talent alone could earn him a mediocre career. .... which to most is a great living. 1st round grade though? It's questionable at best right now

Sucks too - I really hoped and wanted
    Red 98

The early bird may get the worm, but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese

Quote Originally Posted by Gsam View Post
    I am on the Anti Elway train right now, but people need to step back and remember that TE is the single longest developing position in the NFL. They need to learn, blocking, receiving, routes, ST etc... Very RARELY do you see a rookie TE come in and make a huge impact. Most TE's dont break out until they are 3-4 years in the league.
    I agree with this but typically a TE needs to catch the pigskin and if he doesn't have hands from the gods he better be able to block like Daniel Graham and FANT lacks too much.

IMO I think NCAA footballs watered down and its just harder to draft. Some guys just KILL it in college and can not transition over into a mans game. Fant unfortunately is one of those guys.

Seriously, Heuerman should be the starter. He just received an extension, has more experience and has shown catching ability.

Fant would still have plenty of PT as the second TE, but at this point Heuerman is the better choice as the starter.

Yes, I realize Fant is a rookie and he will develop over time. At this point on time, however, Heuerman should be the starter IMO.