Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Noah Fant

It's too early to resolve who he will end up being

But what really worries me is his lack of any kind of emotion. There's not a whole lot of 'want to'

I don't see a guy who cares that much about being great.

And what worries me is that's the kind of thing that should be known before you draft a guy. And also is kind of arrogant to think you can manufacture that in a guy

Now ..... obviously I never met Fant -I haven't studied him - this is just from what I've seen of him as a Bronco

Does he care?
    Red 98

The early bird may get the worm, but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese

We've had as much luck at TE as we have at QB recently. At least Fant has been healthy for the most part. Hopefully he takes a big step up this offseason. Would hate to see Denver use another early pick on a TE in 21.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Agreed. Austin Fort showed a lot more than Fant. Too bad Fort tore his ACL because he was easily better.
    If Austin Fort was healthy, he would be our #1 TE right now. Thats how much I value him over Fant. He mentally had what it took to be successful. Unfortunately we won't see any of that until next season

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    You can only be patient for 7 games, a ROOKIE only gets 7 games??? That's exactly what I'm talking about!! So many people want instant results, like some young kid fresh out of college expecting to make 6 figures and not wanting to climb the corporate ladder to get there....just put me there!!

He'll get better with time, good hard work and better coaching. I'm not worried one bit....the sky is the limit for this kid and when he figures it out he'll be dangerous
    Heís getting open and locating the ball, very good sign! He definitely needs time to grow and we all should understand that after seeing what Courtland Sutton is becoming.

That dude is becoming a star in a very incompetent offense and Noah Fant will do the same but hopefully with a much improved Broncos over time!

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    You can only be patient for 7 games, a ROOKIE only gets 7 games??? That's exactly what I'm talking about!! So many people want instant results, like some young kid fresh out of college expecting to make 6 figures and not wanting to climb the corporate ladder to get there....just put me there!!

He'll get better with time, good hard work and better coaching. I'm not worried one bit....the sky is the limit for this kid and when he figures it out he'll be dangerous
    7 games is plenty to see that the kids heart is in question. You canít teach toughness. I would expect him to struggle with blocking and running the right routes, not catching the football when heís strictly a receiving TE. Heís had repeated drops often when there seems to be potential contact. He seemed completely checked out after getting the ball taken by the Packers CB. Heís getting a lot of snaps and as bad as Flacco has been, heís looking for Fant and throwing him deep passes, he just isnít ready for it. Flacco threw him a possible TD last week that hit him in the back and caused an INT. Maybe he lost it in the light, but typically when heís somewhat covered, heís not going to catch it.

Julius Thomas struggles at first and he wasnít an old school TE. He got blew up the 1 pass from Peyton. But he wanted the ball and knew it he got open Peyton would throw it to him. He wanted the ball and caught it most of the time when it came to him. For a first rounder, on meaningless catch is ridiculous when he had at least 3 other explosive plays that he blew just last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Heís getting open and locating the ball, very good sign! He definitely needs time to grow and we all should understand that after seeing what Courtland Sutton is becoming.

That dude is becoming a star in a very incompetent offense and Noah Fant will do the same but hopefully with a much improved Broncos over time!
    I hear you on Sutton. But I donít think I ever questioned his heart. He faced typical rookie WR issues, he wasnít always running routes properly and he had a few drops. Fant doesnít seem to want contact and if anyone is near him, heís not gonna catch it. Thatís a big difference to me.

Quote Originally Posted by dizzolve View Post
    It's too early to resolve who he will end up being

But what really worries me is his lack of any kind of emotion. There's not a whole lot of 'want to'

I don't see a guy who cares that much about being great.

And what worries me is that's the kind of thing that should be known before you draft a guy. And also is kind of arrogant to think you can manufacture that in a guy

Now ..... obviously I never met Fant -I haven't studied him - this is just from what I've seen of him as a Bronco

Does he care?
    Do you think people at your job say the same thing about you?
    I believe.

Fant has already caught a couple passes this season with a defender draped over him. Green Bay game 10:35 in the 2nd quarter and his first career catch against Oakland immediately come to mind. Yes he had a bad game last night and isnít starting his career off on the best note, but heís definitely shown some flashes and has generally been good for at least one of our bigger passing gains in almost every game so far.

He just needs time. Time to improve his route running, blocking, and time to gain chemistry with the QB. Honestly I expect him to look much better when we come out of our bye week. Almost half of kittleís yardage came after the bye week in the final 6 games of his rookie year. I definitely expect Scangerello to really try and get him involved doing things that heís comfortable with right now.

Fant has 15 catches out of 24 targets for 159 yards. Honestly not as bad as it looks on paper. But damn he has dropped so many huge play

I heard Flacco is supposed to love passing to tight ends but yet we have barely had any plays for them this season
    Last edited by Dotst; 10-18-2019 at 04:45 PM.

Fant is definitely a disappointment, but Heuerman has been conspicuously underutilized as well and he just got a contact extension. This team sure does like to invest a lot of capital into unproductive players.

Fant had a terrible game. No doubt about it, to many inexcusable drops. He is clearly in his head. Hopefully heís not mentally soft, and he can rebound.

On the bright side, he was getting open, and he was beating defenders last night leading to 5 targets. Start hauling them in and heís making an impact. Would like to see him used in RZ more. Thatís where he made the biggest impact at Iowa

I wasn't thrilled with Denver taking Fant but I am not giving up on him. He has much to improve upon but this offense has so many problems. I want to see how he develops the rest of the season and next year before labeling him a bust.

Quote Originally Posted by sra84 View Post
    I wasn't thrilled with Denver taking Fant but I am not giving up on him. He has much to improve upon but this offense has so many problems. I want to see how he develops the rest of the season and next year before labeling him a bust.
    Same.

It's early in his career and this team flat out sucks. There's still hope.

Why weíre drafting anything else but OL in the first couple of rounds is beyond me. If the ďbest playerĒ is not OL just trade down.

Fant has played like the team plays, no consistency but I think he will be good year 3