Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Noah Fant

Quote Originally Posted by bronx_2003 View Post
    I understand where you guys are coming from but its way too early to label him a bust, some of those drops last night were catchable but not easy.

I remember in the second half he made a good move and beat the defender deep, a good QB would of put that in front of him for an easy TD, Flacco threw an awful ball where he had to stop, turn, and go to ground. Yes it was catchable but not easy.

I guarantee if Fant was playing with Brees or Brady he would be making an impact.

Our issues are QB and OL, I think we have a few promising options at some positions on offense but when you can't block and have a statue at QB its hard for an offense to operate.
    Itís too early to label him a bust or say heíll be good. Thereís no guarantee he catches passes from other QBs because heís dropped good throws. Drops were also one of his issues in college. Regardless of how he turns out he plays like a 5-6 rd prospect and thatís being generous.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Based on what evidence will be have a good career? Even if Fant made great plays this season it would be too early to make that claim. Heís been the exact opposite. There is nothing to suggest heíll be good. Running a good 40 doesnít mean anything.
    The only thing heís consistently shown is a lack of toughness, lack of blocking ability and lack of catching ability. He plays soft, gets blown up while blocking, drops too many catchable passes and alligator arms balls over the middle. He really has not shown any real flashes all season.

Development exists, but I think his ceiling is average TE at best. Didnít warrant a 1st round pick.

Quote Originally Posted by RocketArm006 View Post
    The only thing heís consistently shown is a lack of toughness, lack of blocking ability and lack of catching ability. He plays soft, gets blown up while blocking, drops too many catchable passes and alligator arms balls over the middle. He really has not shown any real flashes all season.

Development exists, but I think his ceiling is average TE at best. Didnít warrant a 1st round pick.
    Agreed. Austin Fort showed a lot more than Fant. Too bad Fort tore his ACL because he was easily better.

BUST. Can't catch or block. That drop at the end of the half showed me everything I need to know. Alligator armed it, scared of a hit. Could have changed the momentum of the game if he catches that and we go and get a score before half. A lot of other holes, but it is frustrating to see two first round picks (turnstile Bolles and Fant) stinking up the field every game.

I dont have much of a problem with him since it's his rookie except the effort he puts when he screws up. Like the fumble (Green bay) he had and Int (Titans), once that happen he showed no effort at all to stop the guy who took it from him. I like to give him time, but I would not be shock if he was another 1st round Elway draft Bust.

Heís going to be a great guy for this team. I have faith in the guy. Might be the only jersey I get over the next cruddy years.

Quote Originally Posted by $Broncos$ View Post
    Heís going to be a great guy for this team. I have faith in the guy. Might be the only jersey I get over the next cruddy years.
    I highly advise against spending money on his jersey. He really hasnít shown any aptitude at all. His ceiling is average at best IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Based on what evidence will be have a good career? Even if Fant made great plays this season it would be too early to make that claim. Heís been the exact opposite. There is nothing to suggest heíll be good. Running a good 40 doesnít mean anything.
    You're absolutely right let's just throw him in the trash wipe out hands clean and move on. How stupid would it be for us to give a ROOKIE a chance to better himself......

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    You're absolutely right let's just throw him in the trash wipe out hands clean and move on. How stupid would it be for us to give a ROOKIE a chance to better himself......
    The thing is that heís showing no aptitude at all. I agree that development is possible, but heís a long way off and he was a #1 pick.

Seriously, Fant doesn't look any better than Wesely Duke.

Both run fast, but can't catch or block. The comparison is not out of this realm.

Noah Fant needs to come up with the late second quarter catch. The other throws were atrocious.

I know that people are thinking he's soft, and doesn't want to get hit. Can't really offer anything where that's concerned, because that's a decision he has to make. And I'm not going to speculate what's going on in his head either. I would suggest he tries taking the gloves off for a game or two. If anything, just to psychologically reset himself. The gloves nowadays are basically stick 'em, but if you still want that edge psychologically, run some tape around the knuckles. It doesn't really help where grip is concerned, but it's good to restrict the joints so you don't break a finger. Being a tight end and having to block. I doubt Flacco is going to snap any ligaments with velocity, but I will say that if the ball hits your hand just right, it'll happen anyway. Done for a month with droopy finger (mallet finger). It's a freak injury, but taping the fingers right could also help with that. But primarily for catching the ball, I'd say just take the damn gloves off for a game or two. Couldn't hurt at this point.

Just throwing it out there.

Alternatively. Having a different quarterback could change all that too.

I tried to be patient with Fant but I donít think heís an NFL player. In the Green Bay game, he had the ball ripped away from him and I believe it was only a corner. It didnít get punched out or hit from a blind spot but literally taken from him by a much smaller guy. Afterwards, he went to bench and looked like he was about to cry. He was done for the rest of the game.

Heís strictly a pass catching TE that wonít catch the ball unless heís wide open. TE is a difficult position to transition from college, but he doesnít seem confused by the game. He simply appears tonot to want the physicality of the league. From the TE position, thatís shameful. Add him to the list of Elway tragedy draft picks.
    Last edited by champ&dreallday; 10-18-2019 at 08:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by champ&dreallday View Post
    I tried to be patient with Fant but I donít think heís an NFL player. In the Green Bay game, he had the ball ripped away from him and I believe it was only a corner. It didnít get punched out or hit from a blind spot but literally taken from him by a much smaller guy. Afterwards, he went to bench and looked like he was about to cry. He was done for the rest of the game.

Heís strictly a pass catching TE that wonít catch the ball unless heís wide open. TE is a difficult position to transition from college, but he doesnít seem confused by the game. He simply appears tonot to want the physicality of the league. From the TE position, thatís shameful. Add him to the list of Elway tragedy draft picks.
    You can only be patient for 7 games, a ROOKIE only gets 7 games??? That's exactly what I'm talking about!! So many people want instant results, like some young kid fresh out of college expecting to make 6 figures and not wanting to climb the corporate ladder to get there....just put me there!!

He'll get better with time, good hard work and better coaching. I'm not worried one bit....the sky is the limit for this kid and when he figures it out he'll be dangerous

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

I liked the pick based on his size, speed, and mental aptitude. But it ain't working. Time for him to go be a doctor. The best thing he has done for fans is lower the ticket prices.