Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

That's the worst O-line play I've seen in a decade, from any team.

Munchak might be the best O-line coach in football, but that was the worst display I've seen in a long time. Combine that with Fant not being able to catch anything and Flacco being WAY below average, our offense might be as bad as I've seen it. We are in a lot of trouble.
    All it takes to win is doing whatever it takes to win: COMMITMENT

Easy to pile on at this point but I think I will anyway. I totally agree with you. Did your hear Aikmen? He said it was the worst offense he’s seen in a very long time. Adding Insult to injury, Flacco is a terrible choice for this offensive line. I would’ve rather had some avg. QB that could move and scramble to play behind this group. The term Sorry doesn’t even come close. BTW Wilkinson is every bit as bad as Bolles.

Quote Originally Posted by 98-O-Line View Post
    Easy to pile on at this point but I think I will anyway. I totally agree with you. Did your hear Aikmen? He said it was the worst offense he’s seen in a very long time. Adding Insult to injury, Flacco is a terrible choice for this offensive line. I would’ve rather had some avg. QB that could move and scramble to play behind this group. The term Sorry doesn’t even come close. BTW Wilkinson is every bit as bad as Bolles.

Yep. He's facing lesser talent on the right side and is just as much of a swinging door as Bolles. Flacco is just not equipped to play behind a line this bad. Personally I would have liked to see Sloter running around making plays, if Lock can't play, that is. All I know is this; we have a talented LG, a serviceable center, and the rest of the line needs massive help. I hate to keep coming back to this, but trading away players who are more than likely not coming back next year anyway might be the only way we get the picks we need to rebuild the line AND get quality players at ML and DL (Although I really like the front 7 right now).

Quote Originally Posted by Letswinplz77 View Post
    [/B]

Yep. He's facing lesser talent on the right side and is just as much of a swinging door as Bolles. Flacco is just not equipped to play behind a line this bad. Personally I would have liked to see Sloter running around making plays, if Lock can't play, that is. All I know is this; we have a talented LG, a serviceable center, and the rest of the line needs massive help. I hate to keep coming back to this, but trading away players who are more than likely not coming back next year anyway might be the only way we get the picks we need to rebuild the line AND get quality players at ML and DL (Although I really like the front 7 right now).
    I like the idea of loading up on draft picks, I HATE the idea of Elway making those picks.

Quote Originally Posted by Letswinplz77 View Post
    [/B]

The difference with Wilkinson is that he was UDFA and worked to earn his way on the roster. He’s developed and improved to being a depth player. With more time and coaching he could be a starter, especially at guard. He’s shown the ability to improve. Bolles in the other hand has not improved with 39 games experience. Bolles is a bust. Wilkinson should continue developing.

My guess Elway will do what he always does, ignore it and go sign another QB in the off season like he always does. Maybe that its, because he is so use to being great and not needing a oline for his career, Elway feels his QB doesnt need a oline.

I was getting a kick out of Aiken's incredulous laugh when we kept sending flacco back out there. Seriously, I think that every current and former NFL player, coach, commentator, waterboy, ball boy, etc was embarrassed for the broncos last night. It was like a bride or groom standing at their own wedding and losing control of their bowels. I've never seen such a sorry, shameful performance... and that's really saying something considering the post-SB50 era.

Quote Originally Posted by KWHIT97 View Post
    I like the idea of loading up on draft picks, I HATE the idea of Elway making those picks.
    THIS ^^^^^^^^^^^^!!! Amen.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    The difference with Wilkinson is that he was UDFA and worked to earn his way on the roster. He’s developed and improved to being a depth player. With more time and coaching he could be a starter, especially at guard. He’s shown the ability to improve. Bolles in the other hand has not improved with 39 games experience. Bolles is a bust. Wilkinson should continue developing.
    Agreed. Whatever Ron Learly was in his prime, he ain't that no mo. Wilkinson at RG wouldn't be such a horrible idea, especially given the state of affairs, but James can't play yet and there's no one else at RT. UNLESS, and hear me out on this, we trade for either Washington's LT or the Bengals LT, planning to ink either to long term deals, and move Bolles to RT and see if he can manage to improve his technique on the opposite side. I get that losing teams rarely, if ever, make in season trades for upgrades at a position with little hope of going anywhere (i.e. the postseason), but getting the replacement at LT NOW might prove crucial to getting a head start on next year. No matter who we put behind center, if the line isn't significantly better, the result won't be much different.

68 is worse imo

He got beat on repeated outside moves that were not even good outside moves.

Last night 68 showed signs he was good enough to be a college Guard much less an NFL Tackle

Whoever is scouting and recommending OL to get in free agency and drafts needs to be re-assigned in some form. They suck at their job.
    All I want for Christmas is a Bronco QB controversy

Some posters were saying when we traded for Flacco that he was a horrible pick for this OL

In some ways he quick decisions have made this OL look better. His lack of mobility does not do any favors to the OL tho
    All I want for Christmas is a Bronco QB controversy

The o-line is the most glaring indictment of Elway’s inability to bring in quality talent. The o-line has stunk for years. It just smells worse right now.

Did anyone catch when Joe Buck referred to Garett Bolles as Garett Holds after the second penalty?

I was waiting for him to keep pouring it on and say Elijah Whiffkinson or Joe Sacko.

Quote Originally Posted by Bootleg View Post
    Did anyone catch when Joe Buck referred to Garett Bolles as Garett Holds after the second penalty?

I was waiting for him to keep pouring it on and say Elijah Whiffkinson or Joe Sacko.
    LOL. Troy and Buck weren’t pulling any punches late in the game, for sure.

The Broncos have become a mural of band aids ....... overlapped and piled on top of one another
    Red 98

The early bird may get the worm, but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese