Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    McGovern is a low end starter in the league, although he has Not been nearly the liability I thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Billy Turner allowed zero sacks and 1 QB hit in his last 7 starts in Denver (4th most snaps of 32 teams those 7 games). This season heís been rated one of the top pass blocking guards in the league, winning 98% of his pass blocking matchups.

Youíre missing the point about Wilkinson. The guy improved every year and earned his way into the roster. Struggling some at RT doesnít mean he cannot play guard, nor does it mean he cannot improve at tackle. Wilkinson is coachable and works hard - kind of guy Munchak can develop.
    He cannot play tackle, guard is his last chance
    Should get a shot at RG.

I feel like we need to make a move in this next draft to make sure we walk away with andrew Thomas he is to me the only surefire way to fix this line

Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    I feel like we need to make a move in this next draft to make sure we walk away with andrew Thomas he is to me the only surefire way to fix this line
    Andrew Thomas or Tristan Whirfs would get my vote. Then trade back into it for Tyler Biadasz the OC from Wisconsin. Release Leary, and overpay for Schreff.

Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    Andrew Thomas or Tristan Whirfs would get my vote. Then trade back into it for Tyler Biadasz the OC from Wisconsin. Release Leary, and overpay for Schreff.
    i don't know i like the overpaying any one, you pay them what they are worth. we need multiple new starters it may also be expect to trade back in we should not give a top pick next year to trde back in

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

i don't know i like the overpaying any one, you pay them what they are worth. we need multiple new starters it may also be expect to trade back in we should not give a top pick next year to trde back in
    Bad teams overpay that's just how it is. We currently have 2 3rd rounders, and rumor is we might pick up a 3rd if we move Sanders, that's enough to move back into it without giving up a 1st the following year.

Bad teams overpay that's just how it is. We currently have 2 3rd rounders, and rumor is we might pick up a 3rd if we move Sanders, that's enough to move back into it without giving up a 1st the following year.
    the best option is to build it threw the draft you can get stud gaurds and centers in the second and third. look at Erik Mccoy or Elton Jenkins this year. we need to draft alot of o-line and some speed for our LB core.

oakland raders gm

the best option is to build it threw the draft you can get stud gaurds and centers in the second and third. look at Erik Mccoy or Elton Jenkins this year. we need to draft alot of o-line and some speed for our LB core.
    Right now the key should be protecting the young QB whether it be Lock or future draft pick. I agree, we should draft OL, take them early and often. However, you need some Veteran presence there as well.

Right now the key should be protecting the young QB whether it be Lock or future draft pick. I agree, we should draft OL, take them early and often. However, you need some Veteran presence there as well.
    jawuan james should be a good guy for a vet presense. i also disagree you need it. the great oline dallas has had was all developed through the draft it took multiple years, but it was all done through the draft.

oakland raders gm

jawuan james should be a good guy for a vet presense.
    One iOL and one OT is a good way to go. Munchak should be a good selling point for OL in FA, take advantage of it. Right now you have to protect the young QB, that's what it boils down to.

jawuan james should be a good guy for a vet presense. i also disagree you need it. the great oline dallas has had was all developed through the draft it took multiple years, but it was all done through the draft.
    They had veterans who were eventually replaced, they also lucked into La'el Collins. Ideally, you have veterans that can eventually be replaced with talented young players. However, we probably don't have that time. The cowboys had Romo to offset some issues while young guys developed. We could be looking at 3 new OL members next year, with a young inexperienced QB.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    After breaking down 4 of the sacks, the line wasnít as poor as I thought. A lot of the issues fall back on Flacco.

Sack 1 - Wilkinson could have done better however he managed to move the rusher outside. Flacco could have climbed the pocket to avoid the sack. Freeman didnít help Wilkinson but it looked like he was there to cover the inside. Not sure why this play wasnít designed to have Freeman release for a check down. This sack was mostly on Flacco for not stepping up.

Sack 2 - Wilkinson got the rusher to the outside. Lindsay was assigned to help and missed. Once again Flacco failed to climb the pocket. Although Wilkinson and Lindsay could have done better, Flacco failed to move. There was a clean area in front of him.

Near end of 1st quarter Hamilton ran a short route and he was wide open. Flacco saw him but didnít make the throw. Hamilton had room for YAC. Instead Flacco scrambled right and tried to hit Fant. That was the PI call picked up by the refs. Again, Flacco needed to hit the easy throw to Hamilton for a 1st down.

Sack 3 - KC showed blitz. Lindsay picked up one defender and there was a 2nd coming through free. Flacco should have thrown the ball away. Instead the ball was stripped for scoop and score. The line ended up with a free blocker. They either didnít communicate or Flacco didnít adjust protection pre-snap.

Sack 4 - Delayed blitz by KC. The line and Lindsay did a solid job. Heuerman was wide open and Flacco held onto the ball. No excuse for Flacco, easy completion. The delayed blitz never gets home if Flacco makes the pass to Heuerman for the 1st down. Heuerman had room for YAC.

Iíll look at the other 5 sacks later. Although the line could have played better, a lot of the sacks were on Flacco. On those plays Wilkinson wasnít great but a good quarterback steps up to avoid the sack.
    Sack 5 - Line made a clean pocket and the defender on the stunt was shielded. Flacco stepped up but instead of hitting Freeman on the crossing route, he pulled the ball down and took the sack. Other option was to step around the defender.

Sack 6 - Line made a clean pocket. What happened? Flacco held the ball too long and didnít step up in the pocket. When the pocket started to collapse all he had to do was dump the ball off to Freeman.

Not going to break down the other sacks. Although the line wasnít perfect, at least 80% of the issues were on Flacco.

Flacco is the cause for many of these issues. He doesn't slide protection and shows zero awareness of recognizing who the blitzer is. Qb's got to help their oline out.

Quote Originally Posted by FlaccoTruther View Post
    Flacco is the cause for many of these issues. He doesn't slide protection and shows zero awareness of recognizing who the blitzer is. Qb's got to help their oline out.
    Iíve been standing up for Flacco, but I agree. He has terrible mobility and awareness in the pocket. Especially on 3rd downs and he gets sacked taking Denver out of FG range.

Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    He cannot play tackle, guard is his last chance
    Should get a shot at RG.
    Do we remember Schofield? He SUCKED at RT....then he was moved to LT and looked quite good. Not all OT's can play the right side. SOme are best suited for the left side. I also tend to agree that Wilkinson is that guy. HE works his tail off and can be coached. With better coaching now I expect him to keep getting better. Maybe on the left or maybe even on the right. What will be interesting is if we keep Leary in at RG once James gets back. That will tell us if Leary is covering for poor RT play or the other way around.